Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,489 members, 7,850,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:33 AM

Open Letter To Otunba Gani Adams Of Opc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Otunba Gani Adams Of Opc (767 Views)

The Death Of OPC And The Impending Problem (yorubas Only) / OPC Reluctant To Engage Pipeline Vandals – Gani Adams / Throwback Picture Of OPC Leader, Gani Adams Back In The Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Otunba Gani Adams Of Opc by jasmine01s: 7:02am On Apr 08, 2015
I hope he can read this letter and do the needful. I particularly like the part "Sadly, because of greed and unquenchable love for money, you and your boys decided to throw dignity to the dogs and danced naked in the market square on March 16, 2015".
The Oba of lagos was out of tune for that statement but from the video I saw, he sounded very angry and this might be connected to statements credited to the igbos that lagos is no man's land.

Dear Otunba,
I am constrained to write you these few paragraphs consequent upon some happenings in the country as a whole and Lagos in particular.
Nigerians and indeed the Yorubas are not forgetful beings afterall, but specially made people who forgive whenever they are convinced that the person involved in a controversial act has shown a level of remorse. This was demonstrated immediately after the conclusion of the Presidential elections held days ago. You would recall that apart from the fact that our national dailies were adorned with headlines such as , “Buhari wins as Jonathan declared a Hero” , “President Jonathan, a Statesman” etc, FaceBook and other social media sang his praises. If the truth must be told, President Jonathan tried hard to scuttle our nascent democracy ranging from sponsoring of hate campaigns on AIT, STV and NTA, encouraging ethnic militias like OPC and MASSOB to embark on dangerous protests, conceiving of Interim National Government (ING) and a host of other despicable moves. However, because President Jonathan could digest the political equations, he promptly conceded defeat to President-Elect, Gen Buhari (rtd) even before the final results were announced. Today, Nigerians extol him!
Regrettably, the ethnic militia group which you head, OPC, can’t still understand that the CHANGE we collectively asked for has finally come. The memory of your ignoble role in the ‘Jega-Must-Go’ protest of Lagos on March 16, 2015 still lingers on. At inception, if I am not mistaking though, OPC was not just formed primarily to defend Yoruba Heritage and Institutions but to also strive hard to ensure that the Yorubas both at home and in the Diaspora remain united. To achieve this, it was believed that OPC would remain apolitical. Sadly, because of greed and unquenchable love for money (the root of all evils), you and your boys decided to throw dignity to the dogs and danced naked in the market square on March 16, 2015
I am happy to inform you that all is not lost yet, just like your financier, President Jonathan, you can still win the support of the Yorubas if only you can follow my advice and get same implemented within the next 2 or 3 days. I mean that you have a big opportunity to right your wrong by embarking on a similar protest just like the one of March 16, 2015. This time, it is in solidarity with Oba of Lagos.
Please recall that lately, Oba Akiolu has been under fire for bemoaning the Ibos for the explicit and implicit moves to divide Lagos and Lagoisians on their erroneous believe that ‘Lagos is no man’s land’. This singular statement is an affront to the good people of Yoruba land who have been well situated in the South-Western part of the country and the peace loving Yorubas of Lagos who have done much for over five decades to accommodate and show love to their Hausa and Ibo guests. Additionally, for the PDP gubernatorial candidate, Jimi Agbaje, to have said that he would raise the status of Eze Indigbo to that of first class Oba in Lagos is simply an aberration. Probably, the Oba reacted based on accumulated moves of the Indigbos to belittle our much cherished Traditional Institution in Lagos.
To you Otunba Gani Adams, here is a golden opportunity at your doorstep. I advise you not to waste any further time in grabbing it. OPC being an acclaimed protector of Yoruba Heritage and Institutions should embark on a solidarity protest for the Oba and condemn in unequivocal terms, the speech made by Jimi Agbaje to undermine the Office of Oba of Lagos. I am elephant sure that if you could do this quickly, Lagosians and the entire Yorubas are ready to overlook your past misdeeds and you would have rest of mind to enjoy the millions of Naira booty you cornered from Mr. Jonathan, the then Mr. Shoeless/Clueless.
“Procrastination is a thief of time”!
So, act fast because “a stitch in time saves nine”.
Truly yours,
Rufai, K. I.
Source: [url=http://tasuedforum.com/post.php?p=142&/OPEN%20LETTER%20TO%20OTUNBA%20GANI%20ADAMS%20OF%20OPC/]Open Letter To Otunba Gani Adams Of Opc[/url]
Re: Open Letter To Otunba Gani Adams Of Opc by bewla(m): 7:21am On Apr 08, 2015
mon bo
Re: Open Letter To Otunba Gani Adams Of Opc by austinvsb1(m): 9:14am On Apr 08, 2015
There is no better time and atmosphere for the OPC to right wrongs but now! Show this people that our Oba cannot be trampled upon as they like and Lagos is yoruba owned! A solidarity march is a necessity!

(1) (Reply)

You Must Take Care Of Me, Suswam Tells Governor-elect / Shocking Video: Immigrants Beaten And Burnt Alive By Heartless South Africans / Photos: Drug Convicts Executed In Indonesia Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.