Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help (1619 Views)

Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features / The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill / Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by orthodontist(f): 8:31am On Apr 08, 2015
Pls can someone help me out here. I drive a Volvo XC90 2004 model. I have had it since last yr. The coolant level in on min now. 1. What type of coolant/antifreeze shld i use? Is the green diff from the red? (The one in d car is clear). 2. Will i dliute with water? 3. Shld i drain this one that came with d car or just top it??
I have not had any overheating issues at all.
Thanks
Re: Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by sholatech(m): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2015
For my Volvo S80, over the years I use Total Coolant and works fine. You can get from most Total Filling Stations. It is pre-mixed so no need to add water.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by DECOtech(m): 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
sholatech:
For my Volvo S80, over the years I use Total Coolant and works fine. You can get from most Total Filling Stations. It is pre-mixed so no need to add water.

If the coolant colour in your engine is clear, then its probably water.

You can drain and go with total coolant.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by orthodontist(f): 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
DECOtech:

If the coolant colour in your engine is clear, then its probably water.
You can drain and go with total coolant.

I had a closer look n its not clear. Its actually a pale yellow/ golden colour.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by DECOtech(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2015
orthodontist:

I had a closer look n its not clear. Its actually a pale yellow/ golden colour.

Ok, Prestone and LongLife Concentrate Antifreeze/Coolant is usually the original stuff for volovs. The cool thing is that they are compatible with ANY antifreeze/coolant, regardless of color for use in all volvo models.

NOTE: That's I they are compatible does not mean they should be mixed. It must be one type of coolant in your engine at anytime.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by tallboo: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2015
DECOtech:

Ok, Prestone and LongLife Concentrate Antifreeze/Coolant is usually the original stuff for volovs. The cool thing is that they are compatible with ANY antifreeze/coolant, regardless of color for use in all volvo models.

NOTE: That's I they are compatible does not mean they should be mixed. It must be one type of coolant in your engine at anytime.

Where can someone buy it in lagos?
Re: Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by DECOtech(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
tallboo:

Where can someone buy it in lagos?

If you don't find it in auto-shops near you then you wld need to import.

Meanwhile, TOTAL brand of coolant will server just as good and can be found in TOTAL filling stations.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by orthodontist(f): 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Thanks guys for your help. I guess i shld just drain and stick with Total. I hope this draining process is straight forward?? Am quite weary of this mechanics??
Re: Volvo Xc90 Coolant Help by Lexusgs430: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
orthodontist:
Thanks guys for your help. I guess i shld just drain and stick with Total. I hope this draining process is straight forward?? Am quite weary of this mechanics??

If he does not do a perfect job, lay him on your dentist table and pull out all his 32's!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Oil Can I Use To Service My Rav 4 2008 / Camry 2011 Or 2014 ? / My Corolla AC Is Giving Me Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.