Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm (6232 Views)

How To Sucessfully Start A Poultry Feedmill / Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm / Total Cost Required To Start A New Poultry Farm(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by richidinho(m): 10:35am On Apr 08, 2015
Please I need a clue on how to start, manage and be successful in poultry farm business
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by Bilabong(m): 11:52am On Apr 08, 2015
130k for 200 chicks....
That's for their feed & medication.
Broiler.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by LUCASC(m): 5:22am On Apr 09, 2015
How much will it cost me to have 4000 layers
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by richidinho(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2015
Bilabong:
130k for 200 chicks....
That's for their feed & medication.
Broiler.

Tnx....but am starting from scratch

The structure, tools, feed and chicks
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by Bilabong(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
richidinho:

constructing a poultry isn't expensive. Lets say hundred thousand or little more.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by EZEUDENE(m): 6:39am On Apr 10, 2015
Bilabong:
constructing a poultry isn't expensive. Lets say hundred thousand or little more.
lol how can u say building a poultry isn't costly I will just assume u are not into it

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by LUCASC(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Dat does not answer my question
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by kelvin961: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
LUCASC:
How much will it cost me to have 4000 layers

4000 pullets till POL will cost u 4million bucks .
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by kelvin961: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
richidinho:

To construct a pen that will take about 800 adults broilers or 1000 pullets of 18-20weeks will cost u about 800k
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by Bilabong(m): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
EZEUDENE:

lol how can u say building a poultry isn't costly I will just assume u are not into it
i mentioned to you in my previous post 200 birds.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by yemmit90: 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
richidinho:
Please I need a clue on how to start, manage and be successful i poultry farm business

you have to be specific in order to make it easy for anyone to give you a reasonable advise.

what type of birds you want to start with? the number of birds? where you will like to site your farm? do you really have passion for this business? the capacity of pen you will like to build?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by richidinho(m): 10:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
yemmit90:

you have to be specific in order to make it easy for anyone to give you a reasonable advise.

what type of birds you want to start with? the number of birds? where you will like to site your farm? do you really have passion for this business? the capacity of pen you will like to build?

1000 birds capacity

Broilers

Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by yemmit90: 7:20am On Apr 12, 2015
richidinho:

1000 birds capacity

Broilers

that was why i asked your location, in SW here you can build a 1000 capacity pen with 300-500k(excluding land). labour and materials cost will determine if you will spend more or less than that over there.

budget another 500-600k to rear them for 8weeks(DOC, vaccine,feed,transport etc inclusive).

budget between 30-40k for the tools(tray and big feeders,big and small drinkers etc)

Note: you must be very sure of the market before you invest your money in broilers production.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by richidinho(m): 8:05am On Apr 12, 2015
yemmit90:

that was why i asked your location, in SW here you can build a 1000 capacity pen with 300-500k(excluding land). labour and materials cost will determine if you will spend more or less than that over there.

budget another 500-600k to rear them for 8weeks(DOC, vaccine,feed,transport etc inclusive).

budget between 30-40k for the tools(tray and big feeders,big and small drinkers etc)

Note: you must be very sure of the market before you invest your money in broilers production.

Tnx bro
Will get back to u when am ready
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by Ura: 8:23am On Apr 12, 2015
I will do a breakdown for what you need for 1000 broilers and get it across to you. Send me an email at urafola@yahoo.com. It is free consultation I am offering anyway. Just want to encourage you. That's why.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by AreaFada2: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2015
EZEUDENE:

Lol, depends on size. I'm currently doing one. i want it to be relatively standard and durable structure with enough space to expand built in. 1.2 m is unlikely to finish it as things are going now.
But I know others who started with 25 chicks or little more in a makeshift coop in the backyard with less than 20 to 30k. They have grown big now.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by Ura: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2015
AreaFada2:

Lol, depends on size. I'm currently doing one. i want it to be relatively standard and durable structure with enough space to expand built in. 1.2 m is unlikely to finish it as things are going now.
But I know others who started with 25 chicks or little more in a makeshift coop in the backyard with less than 20 to 30k. They have grown big now.
You are very correct. Even 20k can start it. But why is your own construction that expensive? If you are spending up to 1.2M, for construction I hope that the number of birds you will stock will justify what you are spending for the construction. And I hope that you have budgeted for their feeding because that is where the real spending is. Please all new poultry farmers should always seek for guidance o.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by AreaFada2: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
Ura:

You are very correct. Even 20k can start it. But why is your own construction that expensive? If you are spending up to 1.2M, for construction I hope that the number of birds you will stock will justify what you are spending for the construction. And I hope that you have budgeted for their feeding because that is where the real spending is. Please all new poultry farmers should always seek for guidance o.

That's very true. We intend to do the poultry stuff by God's grace for about 5 years or less. Then raise the building and use for something else. The area might be very developed and complain about odour might start coming from neighbors. Considering what the scale could be then. A school is already under construction next door.

It is being done such that not too much modifications to structure will be needed to turn it to flats to rent or some other commercial usage.

Hopefully by then, one has acquired more space/acres out of town for poultry & piggery. Praying to God.

Anyhow, one will start small, then hopefully invest more depending on how it goes, especially growth of broilers, point of lay chickens' performance & marketing.

Otherwise feeding, medication and all can be overwhelmingly dear.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by dondo83(m): 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ura:
I will do a breakdown for what you need for 1000 broilers and get it across to you. Send me an email at urafola@yahoo.com. It is free consultation I am offering anyway. Just want to encourage you. That's why.

Hello Ura,
I have been reading several post about poultry and i can see you have much knowledge in that field. i just acquired a 2000sqm land in kuje in abuja and i will appreciate your mentoship. i want to start with 2000 pullets and im buying point of lay birds. in university days i used to help my late dad supervise his farm so i have little knowledge about the business. I will also like to have a fish pond on the land so is it possible to rear birds and fishes in the same location?

God bless u
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by Ura: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
dondo83:

Hello Ura,
I have been reading several post about poultry and i can see you have much knowledge in that field. i just acquired a 2000sqm land in kuje in abuja and i will appreciate your mentoship. i want to start with 2000 pullets and im buying point of lay birds. in university days i used to help my late dad supervise his farm so i have little knowledge about the business. I will also like to have a fish pond on the land so is it possible to rear birds and fishes in the same location?

God bless u

I appreciate your consulting me. Call me on 08172346102 so that we discuss your take off. It is possible for you raise fish alongside your poultry in the same location. Animal care is a good source of point of lay birds. There are other good sources too. I want to commend you for this positive step you have taken. I assure you that it is a very lucrative business and I wish you success in your enterprise.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Run A Poultry Farm by BABAFEM74: 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
sir with 1m and land only , pls advice me how to start with it with point of lay

(1) (Reply)

Come In If You Need Bags Of Garri Supplied To You In PH. / Tractor Driving Training And Related Operations Course / Export Your Agricultural Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.