Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha (56237 Views)

Fayose's Right.APC Lied Abt Aisha Buhari Involvement In Halliburton Scam,See Why / Lagos State Government Is Now Making Life Unbearable For The Residents / APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by rexandeffect: 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
Its unfortunate for Roachas, i hope he has not committed political sucide.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
He want to sell his brothers for his own interest.This is a not free and fair speech.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Edusouls(m): 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Rochas is forever my man thats why i urge my imo brothers to kick him out and prepare for the lagoon party in lagos the man has decided to throw his kinsmen into lagoon just to please his new found lovers and brothers
shut up man,we igbos are very troublesome,irritating, myopic, you leave ur land travel to another man's land and there you are flexing muscles with the owners of the land, oba of the land picked his candidate and his people accepted it, then you stupid and very nasty visitors are coming to disrupt their choice, what is the problem with we igbos?if we aint loyal at all, others know how to be loyal to their leaders, we should be pursued home all of us,chai we are too disrespectful to deal with...
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Osakah24(m): 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
raumdeuter:
Rochas is one of the few ibos who have sense
where is the sense in what he spewed there?POC ITS IGBO.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Olutola88(m): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
chisco82:

So sincere and intelligent coment.
Always on point since the first day i came accross this moniker.
A true Nigerian.
Thanks for the compliment
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Edusouls(m): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
raumdeuter:
Rochas is one of the few ibos who have sense
of course he is my man, i like that man...
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by charlyge(m): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Edusouls:
shut up what do you know about politics and loyalty,we igbos are very troublesome, myopic, poor,noisy and troublemakers,always travelling around to other peoples land and making noise, please make una go home nahh...

Lol This one na certified hater

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by obinoral1179(m): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Rochas is forever my man thats why i urge my imo brothers to kick him out and prepare for the lagoon party in lagos the man has decided to throw his kinsmen into lagoon just to please his new found lovers and brothers
you urge you IMO brothers to do what? Bros swerve jor.
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Edusouls(m): 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
candiva2013:
All these butt licking rochas is doing, maybe he thinks these people will support his future presidential ambition. They will disappoint him when the time comes.
they wont, he will be fully supported, he sees the future and very untribalistic, he managed to go free from normal igbo man myopic and too tribalistic thinking, so be wise and follow the bus of change,b4 its too late..
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by phreakabit(m): 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
midolian:
Rochas haz a point dou...I just hope some pple won't misundertand him

Well it takes someone who can't spell "though" or "doe" to comprehend what this dimwitted tadpole rochas has said.

1 Like

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Osakah24(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Anybody that suspends tribalism in his heart will realize that the Oba is right though he said it in a wrong manner and shouldn't have threatened their lives
We need ethnic neutrality so
Vote wisely
Vote Rochas Okorocha
Vote APC
the oba was very wrong.the beauty of democracy is the freedom it guarantees,and when you single out a tribe and threaten them to obey your choice or face death penalty(by drowning)its borderline undemocratic.igbos should vote as individuals and not as a tribe.those for JK should go ahead,those for AA also should do with freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Defcon1(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Olutola88:
I believe the APC have tried their best to show they hold the Igbos in Lagos in high esteem. Ambode has condemned the statement made by Akiolu, Fashola has apologized on his behalf, Tinubu has dissociated APC from such threat and our respected General has also apologized and asked you to move on.

The PDP are now capitalizing on this and wanna reap from where they didn't sow.

Now, Fashola might begin to regret why he did well for Lagos if this is how they will pay him and his party back. We all know these APC guys did well in Lagos and I believe we shouldn't fix it if it's not broken.

I just hope the Igbos will think more deeply and not allow hate overwhelm them. Some people are already seeing the Igbos as anti APC.

APC have tried their best in Lagos, they have apologized on behalf of Oba Akiolu, they have shown Igbos they value them & their votes. If after all these the Igbos still say they will vote Against Ambode for that preposterous reason, NA DEM SABI O
People should vote for whomever they choose.
A responsible government, as the APC is touting themselves, should
be able to cater to needs of the people irrespective of their ethnic backgrounds
APC did not do good for the lgbos alone; whatever good they did was for all Lagosians, including the indigenous Yorubas and other ethnic groups...the government provided a good environment for everyone to thrive...the Igbos don't owe the APC government any votes
The lgbos have been living and prospering in Lagos for decades, it didn't start, neither will it end with APC.
No matter what harsh policies the APC deploys on the lgbos, when they win, the lgbos will continue living and prospering in Lagos...they have seen far worse.

The lgbos have come to stay in Lagos, they are never leaving.
People should live with it and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Edusouls(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Balkan:
MALLAM ROCHAS OLANIYI OKOROCHA
We are Watching Your utterances.
of course his utterances are very sensible, while your own is purely based on sentiments..
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
Igbo wake up. A word is enough for the wise. Remember una no fit stay for your areas cos u don't trust your selves
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by shady26(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Don'nt worry Rochas we are coming for you on 11th April. Time to throw away all trash irrespective of party, Change everywere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Toks2008(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Trut:
If Rochas said those words above, that means his brain need to format. Is it by force to vote for a party candidate?

There is one thing the igbos are not getting right.

Its not about drumming support for a candidate but the way and manner the igbos went about it is wrong.

this is politics and must not be taken too personal but the igbos have made it so obvious forgetting that APC is a party predominant to Lagos hence the need to tactically support whoever they want without noise making.

Oba still remains oba and if the oba makes a decree even Jimi will mellow and not interfere.

Okorocha knows what he is saying.It will be foolishness for the yorubas in the east to openly and aggresively go against the wish of the oba of owerri for instance and go away with it. Caution should be the watchwoed and igbos in Lagos should be more concerned about protecting their interest rather than get caught in the web of the silly game of politricks.

my hunble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Osakah24(m): 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
quixotic:
when did we digenerate to outright lies,propaganda is no longer enough. Where in that trash did rochas say igbos are ungrateful? the state government has subtle powers to make biz unbearable for some people especially when they are in clusters.e.g alaba,ajegunle. Lets not kid ourselves.who ever didn't think the oba was speaking figuratively is simply dull or just dull. So where did rochas get it wrong? My igbo brothers take a step back and think. Do not play into the hands of pdp.
whether figuratively or not,should a particular tribe vote against their wish because of threat?where is the democracy then?

1 Like

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by chudyboy05(m): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Meaning of Apc will be revealed soon.

1 Like

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Arysexy(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
Imo electorate, ngige towed this line during d deportation saga, Anambra people dealt with him at d poll.

Imo electorates, can u allow this efulefu of a governor insult our sensibility?

Saturday will determine.

Fvck u roguechas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Edusouls(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
rochas is the man of the new generation,the type of future man we need in igbo land, he thinks forward, his judgement is purely based on facts, he is the only possible igbo president for the future, we igbos are too myopic,troublesome,divided and very tribalistic,we judge with sentiments and never with facts on ground, if you re in another mans land and flexing muscles,trying to disrupt their people choice, what do you expect? If we cant keep quiet and live accordingly with the owners of the land,then we should leave their place for them simple.and stop making noise,by the way we the ones that travel to their place,they didnt beg you to come..
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by creamynuela88: 6:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Anybody that suspends tribalism in his heart will realize that the Oba is right though he said it in a wrong manner and shouldn't have threatened their lives
Vote wisely
Vote Rochas Okorocha
Vote APC

I chose to quote u because of ur first statement. Oba is right?? What tribalism is there to suspend?? Abi is Jimi Agbaje not a Yoruba man(from Lagos state) or am I missing something here?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Vote wisely
Vote Rochas Okorocha
Vote APC
He will get the Ngige treatment. Ngige never won any election again after he foolishly supported the deportation of his people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by UmuahiaPrince: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
very unfortunate, we are not practicing Federalism yet, the Nigerian constitutions superior to any state law, The only thing they can do is top renting houses and selling their lands to Igbos. Why the election since Oba hand picked Ambode, let the Oba tell INEC to declare the result without people voting. Igbos must make their choice. Who is Okorocha to speak for Igbos

4 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Osakah24(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
dBard:

Very well said.

**calling airport**..pilot, deliver 1 carton of Orijin to this man's destination asap..

add mountain dew for me,thanks
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by kinibigdeal(m): 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
So far you are a family of "the broom" you will never think straight

2 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by bebedlolo: 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
If Rochas truly said exactly that, I doubt if he has an origin in Nigeria let alone be an Igbo man. It is likely he was taken care of by foster parents from IMO state

3 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Onyeka32(m): 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
Trut:
If Rochas said those words above, that means his brain need to format. Is it by force to vote for a party candidate?
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by AdaEkube(f): 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Edusouls:
of course his utterances are very sensible, while your own is purely based on sentiments..

What are you saying,how r his utterances sensible??.APC has been protecting d igbos?,and d igbos will b ungrateful if they fail to vote for APC,cuz he is in APC now.
Today he is in PDP,tomorrow APGA confused politician.Abeg he should take a chill pill and stop using igbos to gain favoritism.He has no right to tell anyone the party to vote for.......i thought we r in democracy??.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Amazo: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
gistyinka:
**APC is the party that has protected Igbo people's lives and properties over these years. - Okorocha.
**Lagos APC government has the power to make life unbearable for all Igbo traders and resident in Lagos if they so wish.

The Imo state Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has thrown his support for the Oba of Lagos, who threatened Igbos residing in Lagos of Death inside Lagoon if they fail to vote the APC Lagos Governorship candidate, Ambode, whom he claimed he hand picked for the position.

Okorocha speaking to the press in Imo state capital, Owerri, after Buhari's visit defended the Oba of Lagos and pointed out that the Oba of Lagos was not totally wrong in insisting that Igbos must vote Ambode .

He went further to echo that "Igbos should not portray themselves as ungrateful people, the only way they can show appreciation is by massively voting for APC the party that has protected their lives and properties over these years.

"The Lagos state government led by APC has the capacity to make life unbearable for all Igbo traders and resident in Lagos if they so wish. So you see, the Oba was figurative in his speech not necessarily that Igbos will be drowned in Lagoons" the governor added.

http://gistyinka.net/obas-of-lagos-threat-to-igbos-igbos-are-ungrateful-to-lagos-gov-rochas-okorocha/

If ever the ibo tribe stand a chance of presidency in Nigeria, Rochas Okorocha is the man for the job. A man filled with common sense in an uncommon way and is among the few un-tribalistic Nigerian elite politicians that is not blinded by the prevalent hate and extreme tribalism common to his region. This man has my vote of confidence. Unfortunately, the proverbial statement "a prophet is not without honor, except in his own city and among his own people" is the case with this illustrious achiever. His people do not appreciate what they have until they lose him. Rochas should please just change his tribe. The South West and North need more remarkable leaders like this.
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
this governor just lost his return bid to govern IMO state. apparently, he did not learn from ohakim's mistake (his immediate predecessor)

2 Likes

Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by eluquenson(m): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
Oba is right
Okorocha is right
Eluquenson is right too tongue
Re: Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha by marvelyole(m): 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
Rochas is a bastard,is he betraying his igbo brothers? Rebels are always like that sha

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Student Begs Dele Momodu For School Fees And He Responded / Wedding Fatiha Of Bashir El-Rufai And Halima Kazaure / 35 Unidentified Corpses Dumped In FMC Owerri, Residents Of S/east Cry Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.