Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,537 members, 7,865,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:14 PM

Mark vow's: I’ve No Reason To Defect To Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark vow's: I’ve No Reason To Defect To Apc (398 Views)

PDP Crisis: Makarfi Group Advises Aspirants To Defect / Bayelsa Guber: Alaibe Makes Last-minute Move To Defect To PDP / I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark vow's: I’ve No Reason To Defect To Apc by Gr8amechi: 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
ABUJA—–SENATE President, David Mark, yesterday ruled out the possibility of him defecting to the All Progressives Congress, APC, which will have the majority members in the 8th senate, saying that he had no reason tojump ship.There have been speculations that the Senate President and his Deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, were contemplating dumping the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the APC, so as to remain relevant in the leadershipof the National Assembly.About 24 hours after the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu had vowed to remain with the PDP despite the fact it will be in the minority in the 8th senate to commence June this year, Senator Mark said even if every other person would leave the PDP, he would still be the last person to do that.Speaking at the Church Service to Mark his 67th birthday at St. Mulumba’s Catholic Church, Apo, in Abuja, Senator said, “I have no reason to jump ship. I will not leave the PDP. I will be the last man standing for the PDP. The party gave me the platform to be where I am today.“I will stay in the PDP to contribute my quota tothe rebuilding and restructuring of the party. This is democracy. Winners emerge and the losers goes back to the drawing board and rejuvenate.”He further “The outcome of the presidential election in favour of APC is the will of God and majority of NIGERIANS. We, in the PDP have accepted the result in good faith.“Those drifting to the APC now are fair weatherfriends of the PDP. They are seeking new green areas. When the PDP bounces back, they will seek another return to the PDP.“I believe in PDP manifestos . I will work hard to bring the party back on track. What is important is that we have established democracy in Nigeria.”Speaking at the occasion, the Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba, SAN, eulogised the Senate President for the wisdom he had used to pilot the affairs of the National Assembly adding that his (Mark) continued contributionsto socio- economic and political development of the country cannot be undermined .Also speaking, Senator TUnde Ogbeha prayed God to grant the Senate President good health,long life and courage in the years ahead.Clerk to the National Assembly, ALhaji Salisu Maikasuwa commended the Senate president for his resourceful leadership and harmoniousworking relationship between the management and the political leadership.In his homily, the Parish Priest of St. Mulumba Catholic Chaplaincy, Rev. Fr. Innocent Jooji said only God determines the destiny of all human and that “whatever the future holds for each and everyone of us is determined by God,we should continue to have faith in God.”

source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ive-no-reason-to-defect-to-apc-mark/
Re: Mark vow's: I’ve No Reason To Defect To Apc by Etinosajay(m): 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Story
Re: Mark vow's: I’ve No Reason To Defect To Apc by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dis 1 no b story nah. All of una na brother's from different mother..
Re: Mark vow's: I’ve No Reason To Defect To Apc by Sandydayz(f): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hmmmm... Fishy cool

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu Would Have Saved Lives if he had Conceded Defeat Like Jonathan-danjuma / Video Of Obama Making Fun Of Christianity? / IS THIS 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.