Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,262 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. (3499 Views)

1$ At 180 Tweet, Ben Bruce And Others Come For Die Hard APC Supporter / Buhari Moves To Compensate Tinubu With Ministerial Position From Lagos, Others / Igbos Map Out 5 Years Plan To Leave Lagos By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Am sorry to say this but I think that we (IGBOS) should be ashamed of ourselves. You left your home land and went to another man's land to sort for greener pastures (understandable). Instead of you to make the wealth and come back home to help develop, invest and plan your homes, you chose to make it and called it a VIlla (instead of village). Look around you, see the beautiful structures you've built on another man's land. Look at the nemesis that have befalling most of you in such land. Some lose their investment to BokoHaram attacks, now you're on bragging rights with the yorubas. How silly can we be? Please re-map your plans and send it down home. We need those hotels, churches, schools, hospital, companies and all those structures that you guys have built on those undeserving land back home. If such can happen, the Igbo nation will be a Dubai that people pay to come and visit. God bless the IGBO NATION!

13 Likes

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by darnley16(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Too long, I get your point tho
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nigeria is our nation
ALL PARTS OF IT.
this thread is dead on arrival. cool

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Who will go back to that dungeon washed with erosion called SE.Stop wishing them evil,they do rather die in another mans land than to live the rest of their life in penury and had I know.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
it is the bounden and sworn duty of every Igbo person of age in Lagos to vote for Jimi Agbaje in this election.
this is ONE thing you can do to send a very powerful message that we cannot be intimidated by anybody in Nigeria
they wanted us to be Nigerians by force, and 3 million of our people died, mainly by starvation.
now we are Nigerians, and ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA IS OURS!

even if you did not want to vote before; even if you were planning to travel; even if you were planning to vote for APC:
please, in the name of our dead heroes in Biafra, we MUST vote for PDP, and for Jimi Agbaje.
PDP may still lose, but let us give Jimi 99.9999% of our votes.
may God bless you as you do so!

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by kodded(m): 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
ONE NIGERIA INDEED SENDING YOUR FELLOW NIGERIAN BACK TO HIS HOME TOWN FOR NO GOOD CAUSE I GUESS IT IS BETTER IF WE SPLIT CAUSE IF WE THE WHOLE SE AND SS WANT TO FOLLOW YOU GUYS IDEOLOGY ....NIGER DELTAN OIL SUPPOSE TO BE FOR THEM ONLY angry

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
when i read threads like this, i wonder what type of mental problem compels someone to buy land in a part of Nigeria that he is not willing to die for.
if you cannot die in your land, why buy it?
makes no sense whatsoever. undecided
but if you are thinking like me, and you own property in Lagos,
then, tell the OP to sharap. get ready and go out enmasse and vote for Jimi Agbaje. cool

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by dunkem21(m): 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
We are able to go up and take the mountains

To possess the land from Jordan to Lagoon

Though the giants may be on their way to hinder

God will surely give us victory. ..Victory!

Only move on to the righteous side ..

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by 4stylz: 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
relchange:
Nigeria is our nation
ALL PART OF IT.

Yes...and nothing any yoruba man can do about it.....I dey that lagos anytime...nothing go happen....Oba should run na

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by 4stylz: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
kodded:
ONE NIGERIA INDEED SENDING YOUR FELLOW NIGERIAN BACK TO HIS HOME TOWN FOR NO GOOD CAUSE I GUESS IT IS BETTER IF WE SPLIT CAUSE IF WE THE WHOLE SE AND SS WANT TO FOLLOW YOU GUYS IDEOLOGY ....NIGER DELTAN OIL SUPPOSE TO BE FOR THEM ONLY angry

I agree with you

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
relchange:
when i read threads like this, i wonder what type of mental problem compels someone to buy land in a part of Nigeria that he is not willing to die for.
if you cannot die in your land, why buy it?
makes no sense whatsoever. undecided
but if you are thinking like me, and you own property in Lagos,
then, tell the OP to sharap. get ready and go out enmasse and vote for Jimi Agbaje. cool
You are misunderstanding me. When you build all the necessary amenities in Lagos and leave your people back home without such, is it good. Every festive season you go back home to a dusty village feeling fly with your Toyota Spider, is it good. Why not come and help build it and be proud of it. I know we are Nigerians but looking at the terrain of ethnicism nowadays, one should have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Controlled(f): 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
very sad situation... grin
one thing is almost certain
ambode will be d next gov.
but problem is lagos will never be d same again.
smh@ibo.. grin
always playing bad politics. is der sumtin in der genes dat causes dis
I beg o my 25yr young sista is engaged to a gud iboman o
this marriage cannot go ahead again.. grin
wat kind of politicians do ibos have
can they not see wat will happen to der pipul
Y always beating chest n making noise
r they d only ones.
even ijaw they supported r already runnin from dem...
I tire for dis awa brodas o

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:
You are misunderstanding me. When you build all the necessary amenities in Lagos and leave your people back home without such, is it good. Every festive season you go back home to a dusty village feeling fly with your Toyota Spider, is it good. Why not come and help build it and be proud of it. I know we are Nigerians but looking at the terrain of ethnicism nowadays, one should have a rethink.

Nigeria has always been like this since even before 1960.
if you ask me I would say that the greatest mistake we always make as Igbo is to
not stake our claim completely to any part of Nigeria where we find ourselves since we lost the war of secession.

since they killed 3 million of us for trying to do what you are asking us to do here, we should stake our claim to any part of Nigeria we find ourselves.
to even think of leaving Lagos for anybody is the height of foolishness.
Lagos is our home now. cool

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
kodded:
Nobody is sending anybody home but to remind them that they have a root and that root needs there attention. Some will build their fortune in Lagos without having a house back home. When they die, most will be buried in a bush and not even a compound.
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
relchange:

Nigeria has always been like this since even before 1960.
if you ask me I would say that the greatest mistake we always make as Igbo is to
not stake our claim completely to any part of Nigeria where we find ourselves since we lost the war of secession.

since they killed 3 million of us for trying to do what you are asking us to do here, we should stake our claim to any part of Nigeria we find ourselves.
to even think of leaving Lagos for anybody is the height of foolishness.
Lagos is our home now. cool
A man I know built the world in Niger state but was buried at a fenced bush in his town, not even a compound. All his brother have claimed his land and the kids (grown) showed no concern cos they believe they are now comfortable in Niger state. The Hausas chase them home and now the are squatting from one place to another. Is this life!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by LFJ: 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:

So it Igbo that built all necessary amenities in Lagos. Can you please mentioned just 3 necessary amenities Igbo built in Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by kodded(m): 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:
Nobody is sending anybody home but to remind them that they have a root and that root needs there attention. Some will build their fortune in Lagos without having a house back home. When they die, most will be buried in a bush and not even a compound.

ok
How @bolded affect the yorubas now.....have you been to their village before ?....least I forget a typical igbo man think about his family house or his land in the village before anything else......

Am just tired with you guys especially the yorubas ..... Allow biafra to exist you say no, you guys want "one" nigeria, allow them to prosper in this nigeria you still say no........ Na wa o
undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
LFJ:

So it Igbo that built all necessary amenities in Lagos. Can you please mentioned just 3 necessary amenities Igbo built in Lagos?
This is not the time for name calling cos many where built by our people not only in Lagos. Take the jist and don't argue further.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
kodded:

ok
How @bolded affect the yorubas now.....have you been to their village before ?....least I forget a typical igbo man think about his family house or his land in the village before anything else......

Am just tired with you guys especially the yorubas ..... Allow biafra to exist you say no, you guys want "one" nigeria, allow them to prosper in this nigeria you still say no........ Na wa o
undecided
Dude some of my kindred in Lagos and beyond haven't gotten any structure back home. They're doing well o, what's holding them. Though some are trying but more should come home a bit. I don't even know some of my kindred cos they don't come home and have not contributed a dime of their kobo and thought to the development of their town just because they're comfortable elsewhere. Yet when they die, their family will expect every body to come a pay last respect to an unnone body, a stranger! Everything is wrong with this!
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
My father didn't build a house in Lagos, I didn't build a house in Lagos, I don't intend to build a house in Lagos, Lagos is not paying me a dime, neither am I getting a dime from any part of Yoruba land... none of my business, sm igbos don't want to have sense... it's better for me to locate my business in a place where I will be making 10% profit and still earn my respect than locate my business in a place where I get 100% profit and everytime the host want to tall rubbish abt me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by kodded(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:
Dude some of my kindred in Lagos and beyond haven't gotten any structure back home. They're doing well o, what's holding them. Though some are trying but more should come home a bit. I don't even know some of my kindred cos they don't come home and have not contributed a dime of their kobo and thought to the development of their town just because they're comfortable elsewhere. Yet when they die, their family will expect every body to come a pay last respect to an unnone body, a stranger! Everything is wrong with this!
I get your point but I know a lot of igbos residing in my side that takes their house in the village as their first priority

Still shock with what you said ,,,,, but the yorubas especially the lagosians have no right to threatened them to pack out.....cause we are one no matter what if they don't want to come back it is not their business as long as the yoruba tradition is not on a brink of extinction .....the fact is that lagos was once the federal capital territory and it is close to the atlantic ocean which makes trading easy,,,,, beside lagos has a very functioning seaport..... I think when the calabar seaport is back to it fullest the igbos will transfer their attention down there and abondon lagos
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 11:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
lygn19:
My father didn't build a house in Lagos, I didn't build a house in Lagos, I don't intend to build a house in Lagos, Lagos is not paying me a dime, neither am I getting a dime from any part of Yoruba land... none of my business, sm igbos don't want to have sense... it's better for me to locate my business in a place where I will be making 10% profit and still earn my respect than locate my business in a place where I get 100% profit and everytime the host want to tall rubbish abt me.
God bless you for really understanding my point.
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
kodded:
I get your point but I know a lot of igbos residing in my side that takes their house in the village as their first priority

Still shock with what you said ,,,,, but the yorubas especially the lagosians have no right to threatened them to pack out.....cause we are one no matter what if they don't want to come back it is not their business as long as the yoruba tradition is not on a brink of extinction .....the fact is that lagos was once the federal capital territory and it is close to the atlantic ocean which makes trading easy,,,,, beside lagos has a very functioning seaport..... I think when the calabar seaport is back to it fullest the igbos will transfer their attention down there and abondon lagos
Thank God you now get what am saying. The issue of Yorubas threatening the igbos in Lagos only end here in Nairaland. Am in Lagos and none of them has confronted me. That one is dead on arrival.
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by LFJ: 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:
This is not the time for name calling cos many where built by our people not only in Lagos. Take the jist and don't argue further.

Just mention one that was built by your people?
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Adegbodolu1: 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
The truth of the matter is many Igbos (infact 90%) are not doing well at all.

They are stuck in Lagos and na dia dem go die. That is why they will rather perish in the lagoon than go home.

Forget all the chest beating and loud mouth. The average Chinedu is struggling to pay his rent on time and all those igbo Igbo will be forced to become Yorubas as time goes on.

Now we are going to put many restrictions on Igbo life in Lagos and we would not allow their dead bodies to be buried in our land. We would cause their rotten dead body that is not transferred to Alaigbo.
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
LFJ:

Just mention one that was built by your people?
When you get to Banana in Lagos, ask of Ukwu mmiri's residential building, your head will be small when you see his house. The owner has not even a single block work in his village. I'll post others later, do keep yourself busy with this one.
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by vislabraye(m): 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:
Am sorry to say this but I think that we (IGBOS) should be ashamed of ourselves. You left your home land and went to another man's land to sort for greener pastures (understandable). Instead of you to make the wealth and come back home to help develop, invest and plan your homes, you chose to make it and called it a VIlla (instead of village). Look around you, see the beautiful structures you've built on another man's land. Look at the nemesis that have befalling most of you in such land. Some lose their investment to BokoHaram attacks, now you're on bragging rights with the yorubas. How silly can we be? Please re-map your plans and send it down home. We need those hotels, churches, schools, hospital, companies and all those structures that you guys have built on those undeserving land back home. If such can happen, the Igbo nation will be a Dubai that people pay to come and visit. God bless the IGBO NATION!

It won't be realistic to do so..... You can't live your biz and come back home. Igbos are making a living in Lagos and they have integrated best in Lag than any other parts in Nigeria. So i don't believe what you're saying applies to Lagos.....

By the wsy, the relationship of the Igbos and their host is symbiotic. Igbos need them too the way they're benefiting from them..
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by focus7: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
relchange:
Nigeria is our nation
ALL PARTS OF IT.
op this fellow is one of those who cannot return again, his place in igbo land somewhere in Ebonyi State is absolutely void of development so he has chosen to console himself by claiming yorubaland is his land.
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by focus7: 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
The igbos has left their land because famine for everywhere in Nigeria and no nonindigene stays in their land.
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Kingspin(m): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:
It is their nature. They travel everywhere there is human.
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
focus7:
op this fellow is one of those who cannot return again, he's place in igbo land somewhere in Ebonyi State is absolutely void of development so he has chosen to console himself by claiming yorubaland is his land.

yes i'm from the great Ebonyi state, but have you ever been there
i bet you haven't, that is why you are spewing trash here.
LAGOS IS OURS just like every part of Nigeria.
Ojukwu told us so after we lost the war. cool
Re: Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State. by Castos(m): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
vislabraye:

It won't be realistic to do so..... You can't live your biz and come back home. Igbos are making a living in Lagos and they have integrated best in Lag than any other parts in Nigeria. So i don't believe what you're saying applies to Lagos.....

By the wsy, the relationship of the Igbos and their host is symbiotic. Igbos need them too the way they're benefiting from them..
Am not saying that one should leave his investments and come home. What I meant was that now that some of us have gotten the wealth they needed, those future investment ideas, future structure (whether residential or commercial) should be channelled down East, at home where no uprising of any sort will consume it. We're talking about your home now, where your root lies, where you have better grounds with utmost legal right and claims. Think about it! This villa ideology is getting too much, let's urbanise our villages. Atleast more employment to your brothers through your investments down East. I stand to be corrected.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose's Speaker Of Ekiti State Shameful Display Video / NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage / Somalis on Somalinet Forum Are Baffled How on earth President Buhari's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.