Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You (1475 Views)

5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / Meet Mbah Anita,FUTO's 2016 Overall Best Graduating Student With A CGPA Of 4.85 / Remembering University Days... Define Each Person In This PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You by bigsam1992(m): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
By Utibe Essien

If only this young man got the information in this article, he wouldn't have dropped out of the university. The nigerian university system, and many others around the world, are known for been tough, and does not really give a true picture of a student's IQ. Some people even go as far as telling you that "its not by gaining admission into the university, it's about graduating successfully".
It's a culture that after every semester, results are released, some people rejoice, some cry, and some even change the set of friends they roll with. It's usually a bitter sweet experience.
It is however wise and helpful, if you know that your CGPA(cumulative grade point average), is never a good yard stick to measure your greatness, and thus shouldn't define you. Most people who have even made it best in school have failed woefully, because they allowed thier CGPA define them, they didnt work harder in search for thier true self, thier mind is therefore my-opic. Infact most people cram to pass, and that's soo unfortunate, no wonder we have some insignificant graduate out there, that do not have economic value, and cant be employed.
It's high time you see yourself as a great person, even after failing. that doesn't mean you should be satisfied with the status quo, and then foster complacency. You never failed but just discovered a new way to do it wrong.Redefine yourself, and move on to greater height.

Re: Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
CGPA is still important tho.. no way should you spend 4-5 years in school and have a bad result to show for it.. either you dont come to school at all, and save four years of ur life; or you find your self in school and make the best of it.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You by bigsam1992(m): 8:06am On Apr 09, 2015
feran14:
CGPA is still important tho.. no way should you spend 4-5 years in school and have a bad result to show for it.. either you dont come to school at all, and save four years of ur life; or you find your self in school and make the best of it.
But they are some students who do all they need to within the 4-5 years but are been victimized by lecturers and come with a third class,what will u say about such situation?
Re: Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 09, 2015
bigsam1992:

But they are some students who do all they need to within the 4-5 years but are been victimized by lecturers and come with a third class,what will u say about such situation?

it cant be all your lecturers that are corrupt. those that are not corrupt, you can still strive to be tops in their courses.. it should count eventually.
Re: Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You by jejemanito: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
bigsam1992:

But they are some students who do all they need to within the 4-5 years but are been victimized by lecturers and come with a third class, what will u say about such situation?
nonsense. If you're good the worst they can do is stop you from graduating with 4.5 and above
Re: Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You by Linzo(m): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
Op i can see you are a deceitful person, you should encourage young ones to strive and get the highest CGPA they can instead of opening you big mouth to vomit rubbish here. I challenge you to show me one first class graduate from a reputable university in Nigeria and a good course that is jobless after one year service and, i will show you TEN THOUSAND third class graduates without a job 6years after their youth service.

Lastly, i want you to have it in mind that as a scholar a good grade as about 70% ability and chances to define your life, and poor grade will only leave you with 5% luck

1 Like

Re: Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You by bigsam1992(m): 10:19am On Apr 22, 2015
Linzo:
Op i can see you are a deceitful person, you should encourage young ones to strive and get the highest CGPA they can instead of opening you big mouth to vomit rubbish here. I challenge you to show me one first class graduate from a reputable university in Nigeria and a good course that is jobless after one year service and, i will show you TEN THOUSAND third class graduates without a job 6years after their youth service.

Lastly, i want you to have it in mind that as a scholar a good grade as about 70% ability and chances to define your life, and poor grade will only leave you with 5% luck
Wole Soyinka finished with a third class and see were he is now in the society,what am trying to say is that they should not b discouraged no matter there CGPA and they should not b limited by it.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Let Your CGPA Define You by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
bigsam1992:
By Utibe Essien

If only this young man got the information in this article, he wouldn't have dropped out of the university. The nigerian university system, and many others around the world, are known for been tough, and does not really give a true picture of a student's IQ. Some people even go as far as telling you that "its not by gaining admission into the university, it's about graduating successfully".
It's a culture that after every semester, results are released, some people rejoice, some cry, and some even change the set of friends they roll with. It's usually a bitter sweet experience.
It is however wise and helpful, if you know that your CGPA(cumulative grade point average), is never a good yard stick to measure your greatness, and thus shouldn't define you. Most people who have even made it best in school have failed woefully, because they allowed thier CGPA define them, they didnt work harder in search for thier true self, thier mind is therefore my-opic. Infact most people cram to pass, and that's soo unfortunate, no wonder we have some insignificant graduate out there, that do not have economic value, and cant be employed.
It's high time you see yourself as a great person, even after failing. that doesn't mean you should be satisfied with the status quo, and then foster complacency. You never failed but just discovered a new way to do it wrong.Redefine yourself, and move on to greater height.

your write up has a wrong caption. Also point of correction, your CGPA speaks a lot about you.
Students with high CGPA( especially Firsts )have some things in common. These are , discipline, hard work, diligence, devotion, zeal and consistency.

(1) (Reply)

Download WAEC Result Checker Application For Andriod And Tablet Devices Here / Discuss The Contributions Of Physical Exercises To Healthy Citizenship / ABU Registration Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.