Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Onyebuchi Ememanka Writes And I Reason Along With Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyebuchi Ememanka Writes And I Reason Along With Him (1139 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan And The “rented” Sokoto Crowd By Onyebuchi Ememanka / Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria's Most Powerful Politician - Onyebuchi Ememanka / Nigeria's Fuel Crisis - Why I Blame Gej By Onyebuchi Ememanka. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyebuchi Ememanka Writes And I Reason Along With Him by shuaibsmanee: 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
What is the principal interest of the Igbos in Lagos? What do we seek to achieve in our sojourn here? My
take is simple. We seek a prosperous Lagos that is economically viable, peaceful....a mini Nigeria of sorts
where all people are able to live and pursue their livelihood without let or hinderance. As a people that thrive
on commerce, Igbos want a Lagos where there are government policies that promote the growth of
commerce and business. A Lagos where government builds roads, bridges, hospitals and is generally alive
to their duties. Education is free in Lagos and our children enjoy this. No Igbo child has been sent away
from any public school in Lagos. Lagos state government pays WAEC and NECO fees for all students in
Lagos....our children enjoy this too.
What do we really want in Lagos? The truth is that we are strangers here. Lagos belongs to some people,
just like Onitsha and Aba. Let's not carry on as if this place is a no man's land. It is not. All of a sudden,
Jimi Agbaje has become an Igboman....we have adopted him as our son.....the same way we adopted
President Jonathan in the last election against our strategic interest as a people...a decision that has left us
in serious political confusion and our senators begging to be admitted into the APC.
What is the difference between Jimi Agbaje and Akinwumi Ambode? Is any of them Igbo? What is our
problem? I believe that we have a fair share here. We live in peace unlike our people in the North. I don't
think there are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in Kano, yet we live peacefully here. Yorubas are highly
politically sophisticated people and they understand that it us better for them to have a government in
Lagos that belongs to the same party as the party at the centre. Igbos cannot love Lagos more than
Yorubas. This is their land. If anything happens here now, we will all leave and return home. These people
own here...this is their home and we must respect their feelings. Every person living in Lagos wants more
federal presence in Lagos. We want a 4th mainland bridge, we want so many other things that the federal
government can do. In the years past, Lagos hasn't enjoyed much federal intervention because of political
party differences. Now they have that chance and we want to spoil it for them by being more catholic than
the pope. Let everybody vote any candidate he wants but I reject any collective Igbo move to vote against
the strategic interests of the people who own the land where we live and make our living. Lagos has been
good to our people. We have succeeded here in business and the professions.
Let's not disrespect the people of Lagos. I will not support any move that will create an impression that
Igbos are against the interest of the owners of Lagos. Nobody has murdered our people here like what we
see in the north. Lagos remains the only state in this country where Igbos hold top government positions.
Even our neighbors and brothers, Rivers State have never given us that privilege despite our huge
population and presence there. As for me, I want Lagos to progress and on Saturday, I will proudly vote for
Akinwumi Ambode.

6 Likes

Re: Onyebuchi Ememanka Writes And I Reason Along With Him by Chibuhealth(f): 12:44am On Apr 09, 2015
I think I read this thrash on Sahara reporters, this guy is not an Igbo boy. Onye ara Ka obu. Vote Agbaje
Re: Onyebuchi Ememanka Writes And I Reason Along With Him by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Chibuhealth:
I think I read this thrash on Sahara reporters, this guy is not an Igbo boy. Onye ara Ka obu. Vote Agbaje
and if you lose?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyebuchi Ememanka Writes And I Reason Along With Him by dayo23(f): 2:02am On Apr 09, 2015
kropotkin2:
and if you lose?
Agbaje can never Win! Igbos are following a dangerous path.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyebuchi Ememanka Writes And I Reason Along With Him by shuaibsmanee: 7:58am On Apr 09, 2015
JK doesn't have the capacity to rule lagos state
Re: Onyebuchi Ememanka Writes And I Reason Along With Him by Sowl(m): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2015
It seems our Igbo brothers are quick to forget the aftermath of the presidential election were 80% of those who voted GEJ were mainly Igbo and yet GEJ still lost,sometimes I get baffled as to why the Igbo feel like they are the only tribe residing in lagos....last time I checked we have hausa's, kalabari's ,itshekiri's ,middle belters and other tribes who would be glad to forge an allegiance with the Yoruba's to achieve the dream of aligning lagos with the federal government. The present honour given to the Igbo tribe as a tribe is a pendulum that could as well switch to other tribes in lagos so let it not get into there heads. These Igbo rationale man who wrote this masterpiece should be seen as an angel sent from above to his kinsmen to retrace there political steps in lagos ,so as to prevent the fatal political miscalculation that occurred during the federal elections by the igbo's .

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Commissioner Of Police Redeployed Over Fayose’s Impeachment Drama / See Nigerians Pushing Each Other 4 Arik Flight Space 4rm Lagos 2 Abuja(pics) / Lagos Issues 21 Day Ultimatum To 'Okada' Riders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.