Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Chinese Business Community In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chinese Business Community In Nigeria (2122 Views)

Photos Fayose Addressing Chinese Business Community In China / Chinese business & population exchange with Africa -Compared to Europe and USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by qblaze(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2006
Isn't the Chinese business community in Nigeria like ripping us off? I mean they get to dunp those awful ersatz "clothes" in Nigeria, imitation hair extensions, pay our casual employees peanuts, swindle our naive government employees and indulge in corporate espionage. a Nigerian entrepreneur or businessperson won't get away with any of this in The People's Republic Of China. Think about it.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by chinani(f): 12:02am On Sep 06, 2006
True talk.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by GNature(m): 12:58am On Sep 06, 2006
@gblaze

very solid point. Our govt puts up with the crap because we need foreign
investment so badly. You know the little peanuts they pay is better than
nothing at all, atleast they are providing small employment for the masses.

But you are right, our govt puts up with their crap and it shouldn't wink
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by iice(f): 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2006
They do that everywhere, they are business people, money is the goal lol. Like GNature said, our gov't shouldnt have to put up with all that but such is life undecided
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by Constantin: 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2006
No, this is business! China offers a large market for Africa, too. It is up to us to grab hold of this opportnity instead of lamenting endlessly as ever!
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by clocky(m): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2006
they should be kicked out of d country. fuc*king china people
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 1:26am On Sep 11, 2006
If they get kicked out, we suffer because we need them whether we care to admit it or not.

They make things so easily accessible for us. The poorest of Nigerians can afford to go to the shops and get and china imitated clothes and shoes that he would normally not be able to buy. We all use their phones, shoes, watches, bags, hair extensions, toothbrushes, pants, computers, plates, pots. . . . everything - because the European ones are way out of reach for us. And we are not prepared to produce affordable articles of good quality.

For the people who have the vision and the brains that could move the country forward, the government pays no attention and they are forced to seek other governments who would welcome them with open arms, educate them for free and provide them with jobs once they qualify. Why would they think of coming back home to come and suffer? If you were in their shoes would you?

So let the Chinese people stay jare until we can sort ourselves out.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by page9(m): 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2011
Very Well said
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by liujenny(f): 7:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
if you think that china is a curse, no problem, u can buy from UK, USA,or any other country! in business there is no enforcement!

if same quality goods, but europeans charge you 2,3,4 times more than chinese, who is gonna to BANKRUPT you
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by pleep(m): 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2011
If we could just get this damn 24/hr electricity! All these problems would go away.

Do you belive me when I say that Nigeria could make products half the price that china does?

If 24/hr power doesn't come by the end of GEJ's term heads need to roll.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2011
@posters, you are all worried about commodities, what about human capital. for over 2+ years i have been trying to build a small home at Agbara and my building contractor+architect and his band of local merry yoruba workmen have been giving me excuses for delays from Rain destroyed the cement, or omonile's stole the metal fence components to malaria sick workmen. It took the will of steel to sack them and appoint a Lebanese who is into construction and in less than 6 months I am at lintel level. He brought a whole lot of Chinese workmen from Ikorodu and you won't believe the quality of their work, absolutely brilliant. I did not pay nearly as much as I paid my yoruba contractor. The Chinese are also taking teh non-skilled work from un-serious bunch of artisans we have in abundance and for cheap too.

Nigeria needs China so badly it is becoming an addiction - from Textiles, Generators, Electronics, Toothpicks and Slippers. we do not have the mettle to produce quality commodities for export so why complain when we get cheap imports
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by pleep(m): 11:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
Maybe you need to switch from yoruba workmen to Igbo. Perhaps then you will get some relief. tongue

haha jk. But I do see your point, Chinese construction workers are well known for being good at what they do.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by dinggle: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2011
China rules the production world. 85% of Walmart goods are made in china, 80% of the clothes and shoes you fly from Lagos to NY to buy in big names stores are made in china, YES you heard me "MADE IN CHINA". Though the difference is that they are made to designer's specification. 90% of the local designers in Nigeria knowingly or unknowingly get their raw materials from China. Our investment terrain is hostile to investors until govt corrects the anomaly they have no basis to tell an investor what not to do especially when Ghana is a stone throw away.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by johnsolath: 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2011
You really are a novice, havent travelled out of nigeria before i guess , start with the foremost problems, how are these so called imitated item got into Nigeria, through our customs, Cant they check the items, secondly they pay peanuts ?, But arent forcing them to work, Even in the states, when you go to some walmart stores, you see low quality shirts and shoes that go for as low as 2 bucks, So you see, its everwhere, Last point, try to get creative instead of complaning, make these items here, if you are not happy with china,
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by ragdollz: 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
@dinggle let's not mix up the branded designers stuff that's produced in China for the big American companies to the cheap stuff the Chinese make for the Nigerian/African markets.I don't care how "cheap" they are, there should be a set standard for goods imported to Nigeria. Anyway I blame those clowns in Aso Rock.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by strangest(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
ragdollz:

@dinggle let's not mix up the branded designers stuff that's produced in China for the big American companies to the cheap stuff the Chinese make for the Nigerian/African markets.I don't care how "cheap" they are, there should be a set standard for goods imported to Nigeria. Anyway I blame those clowns in Aso Rock.

Point of correction, China does not make cheap products specially for the Nigerian Market rather its our brothers in their bid to make fast money that buys replica instead of the original product, China supplies to the whole world so you cannot just chase them out of nigeria, instead you need to restructure what comes into the country
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by omar0001: 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2011
Does anyone know of a chinese business association? I'd certainly like to market my products to them.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2011
omar0001:

Does anyone know of a chinese business association? I'd certainly like to market my products to them.

Correct guy. The hunter has become the hunted.
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by vickynet39(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2011
actually a lot of coins change hand in the process so who is to blame, eager to exploit Chinese or corrupt Nigerian Officials?
Re: Chinese Business Community In Nigeria by liujenny(f): 6:08am On Jul 08, 2011
welcome to travel to china.everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Soundproof Generators For Sale / Digital Marketing Workshop / Looking For Where To Register Truck For Haulage Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.