Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Odua Citizens Only - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odua Citizens Only (1140 Views)

Stella Odua's Son Is Dead / Mohammed Yunusa Dismissed By NJC Over Injunction Stopping EFCC From Probing Odua / Odua, Diaspora Groups Endorse Jonathan’s Re-election Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odua Citizens Only by Oduacitizen: 2:37am On Apr 09, 2015
If you are not a bonafide Odua Nation citizens, stay away from this thread. If you refuse to leave now that you are here mistakenly, mysterious death might be your portion this year.

I am calling the attention of all Odua citizens to what happened between Oba Akiolu and Igbos in the last couple of days. I think It's time for us to pass the message across to the Igbos that enough is enough. I am not expecting any one of you to be part of Yoruba Defence League that is being pulled together by young and strong Yoruba guys. However, if you are interested in becoming a member of our League, don't hesitate to let us know here via PM. And your local government certificate ll need to be scanned and forwarded to us.

The purpose of this thread is to ask you guys (Yorubas) who are not part of Yoruba Defence League to prepare yourself for anything in course of putting Igbos to where they rightly belong. Please, forward this below message to your senators, house of representative members, state house of assemblies and our Obas so as to stop our people from selling anything to Igbos in Yorubaland; let our kings pronounce this act as an abomination in our country.

I have done my bit outside Yoruba Defence League by writing and sending messages across to the right yoruba leaders.

With the recent uproar caused by the assertion of the Oba of Lagos over his domain in Lagos, Yorubaland and the response of the ungrateful guests in our lands, I think it is now very germane that the legislatures in all State of Assemblies in the South West Region begin to make laws that will protect the land and heritage of its people. For so long, the Yorubas have been too good for themselves and except we take a hard stance now and draw the line NOW, things will only get more heated as the ungrateful guests from eastern Nigeria have now resorted to insults to perhaps their most hospitable hosts in Nigeria.

This thread is not to rehash what has been discussed or known but to start a conversation that must reach to the highest levels of governments in our regions to enact legislation and laws that prohibit and ultimately forestall the proliferation of locusts in our lands. I will propose some ideas, feel free to add yours and forward to our leaders! If you have links and connections to those that need to see this, please do so ASAP:

1. Land MUST NEVER BE SOLD directly to a NON-Yoruba again! The first step is to stop immediately the signing of C of O's for applicants who cannot prove that they are Yoruba and trace there roots down to their father's compound anywhere in the South West.

2. In the event it becomes mandatory that a business interest requires land to setup a business and applies to the government, land of definite sizes must be allocated and LEASED for terms varying from 5, 10 or maximum of 25 years ONLY!

3. Every land that has been sold in the past without C of O's or expired C of Os anywhere in the geographic South West must be immediately revoked.

4. Henceforth, strict terms of tenancy must be enacted and enforced for all non-Yorubas such that tenants cannot resort to cheating their landlords with late payments, non-payments or unnecessary distractions by way of court cases.

5. Immediate agenda that establishes the communication in Yoruba 100% in every legislative function of the State House of Assemblies in the SW.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odua Citizens Only by Ilekeh(f): 2:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Oduacitizen:
If you are not a bonafide Odua Nation citizens, stay away from this thread. If you refuse to leave now that you are here mistakenly, mysterious death might be your portion this year.

Haba!
Re: Odua Citizens Only by PabloAfricanus(m): 3:11am On Apr 09, 2015
Oduacitizen:

I am calling the attention of all Odua citizens to what happened between Oba Akiolu and Igbos in the last couple of days. I think It's time for us to pass the message across to the Igbos that enough is enough. I am not expecting any one of you to be part of Yoruba Defence League that is being pulled together by young and strong Yoruba guys. However, if you are interested in becoming a member of our League, don't hesitate to let us know here via PM. And your local government certificate ll need to be scanned and forwarded to us.

The purpose of this thread is to ask you guys (Yorubas) who are not part of Yoruba Defence League to prepare yourself for anything in course of putting Igbos to where they rightly belong. Please, forward this below message to your senators, house of representative members, state house of assemblies and our Obas so as to stop our people from selling anything to Igbos in Yorubaland; let our kings pronounce this act as an abomination in our country.

I have done my bit outside Yoruba Defence League by writing and sending messages across to the right yoruba leaders.

With the recent uproar caused by the assertion of the Oba of Lagos over his domain in Lagos, Yorubaland and the response of the ungrateful guests in our lands, I think it is now very germane that the legislatures in all State of Assemblies in the South West Region begin to make laws that will protect the land and heritage of its people. For so long, the Yorubas have been too good for themselves and except we take a hard stance now and draw the line NOW, things will only get more heated as the ungrateful guests from eastern Nigeria have now resorted to insults to perhaps their most hospitable hosts in Nigeria.

This thread is not to rehash what has been discussed or known but to start a conversation that must reach to the highest levels of governments in our regions to enact legislation and laws that prohibit and ultimately forestall the proliferation of locusts in our lands. I will propose some ideas, feel free to add yours and forward to our leaders! If you have links and connections to those that need to see this, please do so ASAP:

1. Land MUST NEVER BE SOLD directly to a NON-Yoruba again! The first step is to stop immediately the signing of C of O's for applicants who cannot prove that they are Yoruba and trace there roots down to their father's compound anywhere in the South West.

2. In the event it becomes mandatory that a business interest requires land to setup a business and applies to the government, land of definite sizes must be allocated and LEASED for terms varying from 5, 10 or maximum of 25 years ONLY!

3. Every land that has been sold in the past without C of O's or expired C of Os anywhere in the geographic South West must be immediately revoked.

4. Henceforth, strict terms of tenancy must be enacted and enforced for all non-Yorubas such that tenants cannot resort to cheating their landlords with late payments, non-payments or unnecessary distractions by way of court cases.

5. Immediate agenda that establishes the communication in Yoruba 100% in every legislative function of the State House of Assemblies in the SW.

Lol!!!
Yoruba Defence League?? What of OPC?
I'm sure no Yoruba in Nigeria lives outside the SW huh?
Does Tinubu approve of this your wonderful plans?
I mean its just a few weeks to the hand over...you know the realization of a dream that even Awo never achieved...a majority govt alliance of the Hauas/Fulani and the SW.
Guess what? The hand over is still to take place.
You wanna give the GEJ govt cause to truncate it all?
Moreover you'll be playing directly into the hands of any of your fellow miscreants from all regions with secessionist ideas. That's an open invitation to blow up the federation.
Or you think the Land Use Act that empowers a Yoruba to own an oil license in the SS, ND and SE is still not in effect?
You can't eat your cake and have it...I repeat.
Lagos is a cosmopolitan city and the sooner you quit this your pre-colonial nostalgia and face the reality the better for you.
All Nigerians are here to stay...if you can brave the heat go to the East and setup shop as the Igbos and other ethnic groups have done. Then maybe you can appreciate the story of Lagos being a former capital and in the taunting words of the Igbos- a "no man's land"?
Do I mean that Lagos is not Yoruba land...ofcourse not...but u get d drift.
Infact go on with this your "defence league" tomfoolery and let's see how it plays out!
So the Igbos are the haters for chosing to vote a Yoruba fielded by Yoruba people in a Yoruba state?
I stayed awake to post this for the records...just to add my 2 cents.
Again Eleko goofed!! Nobody feeds, clothes, houses anybody in Lagos. The same way other people from other groups came to Lagos for greener pastures is the same way the Igbos have come...and that includes Yorubas from other states.
This is a constitutional federal republic...not a monarchy!
And your Oba has no "domain" or anything of that sort to assert. He's a figure head and can still be dealt the Dasuki treatment if push comes to shove.
You can't be seriously playing the victim when the lives and properties, and constitutional rights of a people are threatened by your so-called Oba!
If it happened in Onitsha...I bet you the myriad lawyers from the SW will rise up to put the Obi in his place!
A couple of strong arguments could me listed from the video of the Oba and used to damage not only APC but the person of your Oba in court.
The Igbos just seem to be annoyingly politically daft!
Quit spreading hate and go get a job!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odua Citizens Only by Nobody: 3:15am On Apr 09, 2015
It is now time for the Yoruba to secede.
Yorubas can't take this poo anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Odua Citizens Only by Crueldeed: 3:27am On Apr 09, 2015
I am in, Judgement day is coming for the troublemakers soon. We should setup yahoo groups cos this medium is not good, someone sent a message on one thread yesterday that we should all go listen to one biafraradio online to hear what the Igbos are planning for us, they said they are planning to attack us soon and planning seriously. I will personally send messages to all friends in all SW states to be every ready, We need to act fast.

2 Likes

Re: Odua Citizens Only by Unemadu: 3:31am On Apr 09, 2015
kelvin100:

Unfortunately u can't do that else you will be heavily bombarded by the Nigerian Army but the good part is that u can rebuild your rusty roofed towns.

2 Likes

Re: Odua Citizens Only by Sweetguy25: 3:36am On Apr 09, 2015
Mumu no good at all.
Re: Odua Citizens Only by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Coward, stop spreading hate....smh for you

1 Like

Re: Odua Citizens Only by whitecat1: 5:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Ibos are already restless! They are now opening threads and speaking for Yoruba!

Why are you afraid now?

We are going to keep you ibos on your toes in Nigeria from now on!

We don't need you ibos to make that decision for us, whether we want to secede or not!
kelvin100:

1 Like

Re: Odua Citizens Only by NegroNtns(m): 5:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Regional Government is the solution. We will not get anywhere in the current setting. For the next four cycle of executive rulership Yoruba is at the top. If we are unable to bring about Regionalism under our rule and influence in this administration then I dont know when we will ever be able to.

Ibo is currently sidelined....in terms of counter balance and power leverage SE is the weakest link anywhere in Nigerian politics. Even NE under emergency rule and war has a higher equity in the center than SE.

Therefore, Yoruba is ontop of the political totem pole in the South and will dictate brokerage going into negotiation on the devolution of power.

Independently, and under the current terms, we can invoke and adopt custom law as a parallel philosophy in similar to the Sharia practice in North.

Nigerian Constitution does not prohibit the adoption of native customs and tenets for any set of people that identify such to be their constituted authority for drawing social contracts.

What is Yoruba waiting on

3 Likes

Re: Odua Citizens Only by tit(f): 5:45am On Apr 09, 2015
kelvin100:

it is better ooo.
by 2023 Igbo will become governor if care is not taken.
Re: Odua Citizens Only by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 09, 2015
I am in
Re: Odua Citizens Only by Keegan: 5:51am On Apr 09, 2015
NegroNtns:
Regional Government is the solution. We will not get anywhere in the current setting. For the next four cycle of executive rulership Yoruba is at the top. If we are unable to bring about Regionalism under our rule and influence in this administration then I dont know when we will ever be able to.

Ibo is currently sidelined....in terms of counter balance and power leverage SE is the weakest link anywhere in Nigerian politics. Even NE under emergency rule and war has a higher equity in the center than SE.

Therefore, Yoruba is ontop of the political totem pole in the South and will dictate brokerage going into negotiation on the devolution of power.

Independently, and under the current terms, we can invoke and adopt custom law as a parallel philosophy in similar to the Sharia practice in North.

Nigerian Constitution does not prohibit the adoption of native customs and tenets for any set of people that identify such to be their constituted authority for drawing social contracts.

Well said. I think we have waited too long.
Re: Odua Citizens Only by PassingShot(m): 6:01am On Apr 09, 2015
If this is for Oodua citizens only, why not communicate in Yoruba here?
Re: Odua Citizens Only by Energito11: 6:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Op i dont want to curse you back but yrouba people cant do anything.nigeria govt should give us biafra,will have been asking for long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odua Citizens Only by OperationIgrigi: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2015
Crueldeed:
[s]I am in, Judgement day is coming for the troublemakers soon. We should setup yahoo groups cos this medium is not good, someone sent a message on one thread yesterday that we should all go listen to one biafraradio online to hear what the Igbos are planning for us, they said they are planning to attack us soon and planning seriously. I will personally send messages to all friends in all SW states to be every ready, We need to act fast.[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odua Citizens Only by OperationIgrigi: 11:27am On Apr 10, 2015
Unemadu:

Unfortunately u can't do that else you will be heavily bombarded by the Nigerian Army but the good part is that u can rebuild your rusty roofed towns.

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odua Citizens Only by OperationIgrigi: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2015
NegroNtns:

**grins** This is what i want to hear. Now that yorubas are 'in power'. They have no excuse not to push for regionalism and have it. If you guys do not succeed with it this period, then you are all just noisemakers and gongbeaters.
Re: Odua Citizens Only by LTSHANGY: 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ooudua Citizen, you must stop this tribalic poo. Even If Lagos is a yoruba land, are you an Aworian? If you die anyday(it's inevitable), God won't judge you according to your tribe but according to how you lived on earth. You won't leave earth with even a grain of a yorubaland sand. Grow up and above this ethnic and tribalic ideology that our fathers had inprisoned us with. God bless you.
By the way, I am Ibo, respect and love to my yoruba Niggaz Jide, Irinyemi, tunde, Afolabi and crush kemi.. Love them all..

(1) (Reply)

Warri Billionaire, Ayiri Emami's Mum Abducted In Delta / There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns / Update On Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In Suleja (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.