Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan (2062 Views)

Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan / Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan / Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Keegan: 5:33am On Apr 09, 2015
A former Minister of Defence and
Chairman of Victim Support Fund,
Theophilus Danjuma, has blamed the
leader of the defunct Biafra, the late
Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, for the civil
war, which resulted in the death of
nearly a million Nigerians.
Danjuma said this on Wednesday after
President Goodluck Jonathan paid him
a private visit in his Asokoro, Abuja
residence.
He argued that had the late Ojukwu
conceded victory to the federal troops
after the fall of Enugu during the civil
war in the same manner President
Jonathan accepted defeat after the
March 28 presidential poll to Maj. Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) of the All
Progressives Congress, the nation
would have been saved “a full year of
bloodshed.”
Jonathan visited Danjuma, who is the
Chairman of the Victims Support Fund,
in company with some of his aides.
The two leaders however met behind
closed doors and they did not make the
purpose of the parley public.
Danjuma however told journalists at
the end of the meeting that the
President, by conceding defeat in the
March 28 presidential election to
Buhari, had set a record.
He said Africa and the world should
emulate Jonathan.
He observed that if the late Ojukwu
had done the same thing after the fall
of Enugu, he would have saved the
nation of bloodshed.
He said, “The outcome of the election
and the manner in which President
Jonathan conceded victory to Buhari, is
totally un-African, it is very important in
the history of Africa.
“If Ojukwu did the same after the fall of
Enugu, if he had conceded victory to
the federal troops, he would have
saved the nation one full year of
bloodshed.
“President Jonathan has set a history, a
record as something to be emulated by
the rest of Africa and indeed the whole
world. It’s an excellent thing he did.”
Jonathan simply thanked Danjuma for
his fatherly support during the election.
It will be recalled that the former
minister had on March 11 visited
Jonathan at the Presidential Villa during
which they met behind closed doors
inside Jonathan’s official residence.
Danjuma had after the first meeting
warned reporters not to speculate the
purpose of the visit.
He said having just returned to the
country from a foreign trip, he needed
to see Jonathan and find out
developments in the country.
“Don’t speculate. I came to visit the
President and find out how things are
going. I have been abroad. I just came
back,” he had said.
When asked whether he was ready to
support Jonathan’s re-election,
Danjuma had said he could not
canvass votes for anybody because he
does not belong to any political party.
“I don’t canvass (for votes). I am not in
any of the political parties. The
President is Nigeria’s President,” he
simply said.
Danjuma in January drew the ire of
some ex-Niger Delta militants, includ­
ing Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo and
Government Ekpemudo (a.k.a
Tompolo), when he called for their
arrests for threatening war if Jonathan
loses the presidential election.
Apart from declaring the former
minister persona non grata in the
region where Jonathan hails from, the
ex-militants also demanded an apology
from Danjuma within seven days or
face their wrath.
The repentant militant leaders said in a
statement issued in Port Harcourt, that
Danjuma was among northerners who
had become very comfortable in life
because of the oil money from Niger
Delta.

www.punchng.com/news/civil-war-danjuma-blames-ojukwu-for-not-emulating-jonathan/

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by ElekeNtioba: 5:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Ojukwu declared Biafra as a sanctuary for his pple who were facing progrom in the north. If Danjuma and his northern lot had done more to secure d lives of Igbos, Ojukwu would NEVER had gotten the entire Igbo to support him.

Likening Ojukwu's unprecedented action (to restore d dignity of his pple) to Jonathan's political choice is absurdity at its best.

3 Likes

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by omusiliyu(m): 5:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Danjuma... Why're you turnin back the hand of time?
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Keegan: 5:40am On Apr 09, 2015
Gej is a hero.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 09, 2015
OJU IKU WAS A COWARD WHO SLAINED MILLIONS OF IGBOS JUST TO ACHIEVE HIS SELFISH DESIRE TO RULE BIAFRA. HE RAN TO IVORY COAST WHEN HE WAS LOOSING AND FFK WAS FÜCKING BIANCA

#end of story

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Omexonomy: 5:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Awusa/fulani and their slave should stop blaming ojukwu for their stupidiy greed and failures in live.

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Truth be told, all these guys were below 35years when the war started. There youthful ego fueled it all!

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by cocoduck: 5:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Were Ojukwu alive they would not have said or done anything but now he is dead, goats, fowls, rats and cockroaches say whatever they like. Cowards

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by GboyegaD(m): 5:50am On Apr 09, 2015
In my opinion, I believe Ojukwu was an hero. He fought a good fight although, it is possible to handle the situation in another manner. He stood against what he perceived an injustice by appointing Gen. Yakubu Gowon over Brig. Babafemi Ogundipe. To those who call him by names, I think it is either borne out of lack of knowledge or some ethnic or tribal bias (indoctrination) many were washed with.

6 Likes

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Ezedon(m): 5:54am On Apr 09, 2015
GEJ a man of peace, a great hero that is leaving a good legacy behind, Oh mpa you are falling HERO
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by SerialMan: 5:57am On Apr 09, 2015
Is he saying this cos OJ is no more?
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by bunmioguns(m): 5:58am On Apr 09, 2015
cool
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by ElekeNtioba: 6:06am On Apr 09, 2015
GboyegaD:
In my opinion, I believe Ojukwu was an hero. He fought a good fight although, it is possible to handle the situation in another manner. He stood against what he perceived an injustice by appointing Gen. Yakubu Gowon over Brig. Babafemi Ogundipe. To those who call him by names, I think it is either borne out of lack of knowledge or some ethnic or tribal bias (indoctrination) many were washed with.

have u ever seen a dog running out of fear. Dat was hw ur Ogundipe ran to london at d heat of d crisis. Even as the most senior army officer, he was afraid of the northerners.

The hate against Ojukwu is used by those who want to cover-up the cowardice by yoruba army officers. They scream to stop pple pointing fingers at one of their own. They hate cos he(Ojukwu) did want they cant even dare to do on their own.

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by fromnigeria(m): 6:16am On Apr 09, 2015
I don't understand why you blaming the dead.
What do you want him do now, come back to life and apologise
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 09, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
Ojukwu declared Biafra as a sanctuary for his pple who were facing progrom in the north. If Danjuma and his northern lot had done more to secure d lives of Igbos, Ojukwu would NEVER had gotten the entire Igbo to support him.

Likening Ojukwu's unprecedented action (to restore d dignity of his pple) to Jonathan's political choice is absurdity at its best.

Tell him o my brother, who even gave him the right to justify if what ojukwu did was right or wrong. We d igbo will forever be grateful to ojukwu, atleast he showed us a possibility and now we will achieve that without taking much lives.

2 Likes

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by blackjack21(m): 6:31am On Apr 09, 2015
[quote
author=searching4lovee post=32506566]

OJU IKU WAS A COWARD WHO SLAINED MILLIONS OF IGBOS JUST TO ACHIEVE HIS SELFISH DESIRE TO RULE BIAFRA. HE RAN TO IVORY COAST WHEN HE WAS LOOSING AND FFK WAS FÜCKING BIANCA

#end of story
[/quote]

BADT.

06:31:20
Thu, Apr 9, 2015
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by focus7: 6:35am On Apr 09, 2015
No wonder the igbos rejected Ojukwu bid for presidency and threw all their weight to support Jonathan. In other word Jonathan is actually igbos hero and Ojukwu they despises. Hmmmmn igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by sherrylo: 6:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Wet in GEJ dey find go Danjuma house?
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by internetpirate: 6:53am On Apr 09, 2015
Wow! Much respect! There is still hope for Nigerians! If we can make all see without tribal and glasses, the country will be great someday! You are so right! But guess what? Many would disagree with you despite their ignorance and lack of research! They would rather gravitate towards tribal band wagons or drivel.

GboyegaD:

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Bawsse(m): 6:54am On Apr 09, 2015
ok o
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by fkaz(m): 7:04am On Apr 09, 2015
Omexonomy:
Awusa/fulani and their slave should stop blaming ojukwu for their stupidiy greed and failures in live.

T Y is only telling you that president jonathan save millions of igbo lives, for accepting defeat unlike Ojukwu.

4 Likes

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by vanunu: 7:04am On Apr 09, 2015
GboyegaD:

U are a true son of ur father, Danjuma should have said that had Gowon allowed Ogundipe to take over the civil war would have been avoided.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2015
cocoduck:
Were Ojukwu alive they would not have said or done anything but now he is dead, goats, fowls, rats and cockroaches say whatever they like. Cowards
A lot was said when Ojukwu was alive. Go read up.

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by owobokiri(m): 7:07am On Apr 09, 2015
A detrablised Ironsi enthrusted his security to this nit-wit and he personally killed his commander in Chief, setting off as a result, a chain of events that led to the war and the ultimate death of over 3 million! That man up there is battling with his conscience as he nears his grave. His sadism shares a family resemblance with the horror that was Hitler. More than any other Nigerian alive, he is responsible for the chaos this country has become, ofcourse together with such evils like Obasanjo, Babangida and yes, Buhari! Very unfortunate that 50 years after, premodial politics as progressively promoted by our notoriously sophisticated clan of tribal thinkers has somehow managed to keep this bunch relevant.

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by QuotaSystem: 7:10am On Apr 09, 2015
So clueless Jonathan is actually smarter than Ojukwu, no wonder he could not lose like a man.

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:11am On Apr 09, 2015
GboyegaD:
You can not lead the army if you don't have the support of the rank and file and even officers. There was no way Ogundipe could have led the army when he was not part of the coup of July 1966. When he realized this, without being told, he left the country.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2015
TY Danjuma should STFU! He should stop comparing Jonathan to Ojukwu. That is an insult to the warlord.

Ojukwu is still my hero anytime anyday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by OrigamiIII: 7:24am On Apr 09, 2015
He took his people into a senseless war , abandoned them midway and ran away with his tail in between his legs.That is cowardice. His ambition was to take lagos but met his waterloo at ore. He is revered by the igbos because they share the same inordinate paternal greed.

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Mckennedy: 7:28am On Apr 09, 2015
Same Danjuma personal assistance to late Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi same Danjuma was the chief pioneer of Adekunle Fajuiyi and Aguiyi Ironsi deaths..after killing these men you and your likes still went further by instigating the killing of over 35,000 igbo civilians residing in the North and this was what lead to Aburi Accord maybe he thought we have forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2015
This is another unnecessary and foolish page of revisionism occasioned by the idiotic Danjuma!

It's obvious his conscience is yet to clear as to the role he played in the massacre of the Igbos.

Why didn't he instead make a reference to the fact that just in 2011, GMB reused to concede defeat to this same GEJ, and that that act led to scores of deaths?

These guys should reopening old wounds.

I'm happy Danjuma is still alive to witness the charade of a nation they have made! Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by GboyegaD(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You can not lead the army if you don't have the support of the rank and file and even officers. There was no way Ogundipe could have led the army when he was not part of the coup of July 1966. When he realized this, without being told, he left the country.

Maybe you should go learn more about history, Gowon wasn't part of those who led the July, 1966 coup. He was appointed the Head of State by the Supreme Military Council.

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by sammyj: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2015
Danjuma should not have brought Ojukwu into their scheme to make GEJ hand over power successfully.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aluu4 - RIP Ugonna, Tekena, Chidiaka And Lloyd / Houses Of Worship For VP Osinbajo's Residence Cost N186m - Reps / Food After Work, A Soldier Ready For A Sumptuous Meal (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.