Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

3 Ways To Stay Consistent With Your Workouts - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Ways To Stay Consistent With Your Workouts (786 Views)

Get Rid Of Big Stomach With These Workouts / 5 Best Butt Workouts / 3 Ways To Stay Consistent With Your Workouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Stay Consistent With Your Workouts by caukerzee(m): 7:13am On Apr 09, 2015
Our intentions are always pure. We mean to train hard and eat healthy. But a mindset that’s either too aggressive or unrealistic can railroad your progress. Here are three of the most common mental mistakes I see, along with the best solution for each.

MISTAKE NO. 1 - “THE DIET AND EXERCISE START MONDAY.”

Really? Why Monday? Why not today? One reason people put it off is to have one last hurrah with bad food and drink, which makes the transition only harder. For most, the new routine entails grueling cardio sessions and restrictive dieting that’s not in any way enjoyable. And if it’s not enjoyable, you’re not going to stick with it.

Solution: “My new lifestyle starts today.” Scale down the overblown commitments, and start with something simple. Instead of 45 minutes of cardio, just promise yourself 10 minutes of any light activity. This can be as simple as marching in place while watching TV. Your commitments will grow, but only once you’ve proved to yourself that you can stick to the smaller ones.

MISTAKE NO. 2 - “I’M GOING TO BE PERFECT THIS TIME.”

This mindset simply breeds failure. When real life happens and things aren’t so perfect, people who think this way throw in the towel fast.

Solution: Set realistic expectations. We are all perfectly imperfect. We will fall on our faces hundreds of times throughout our lives. This doesn’t signal failure. If you fall off your diet or miss the gym, share the news with a friend who doesn’t judge—absolve yourself of the guilt and move on

MISTAKE NO. 3 “I FORGOT MY_____. I GUESS I JUST WON’T TRAIN TODAY.”

Whatever the answer, I’ve heard it a million times. It’s easy to rationalize not training because of a lack of sneakers or other gear, but it has a high cost.

Solution: Success doesn’t just happen. You have to plan for it, but it’s easy. Just pack a gym bag with the bare necessities. Keep it in your car or work bag. If you’re always armed, you’re always ready.

For more fitness tips visit Men's Fitness
Re: 3 Ways To Stay Consistent With Your Workouts by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2015
I do all three. na wa o.
Re: 3 Ways To Stay Consistent With Your Workouts by caukerzee(m): 1:02am On Apr 10, 2015
Renylee:
I do all three. na wa o.
Hehe...if you wanna get that get body you gotta be consistent

(1) (Reply)

Doctors Please Help, Its Urgent / Why Should Young And Healthy People Drink Aloe Vera Juice / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.