Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,061 members, 7,852,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:05 PM

I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu (877 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / PDP Leaders Who May Retire From Politics Following Buhari’s Emergence / I Will Rather Resign From Politics Than Defect To APC – Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 09, 2015
The Governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu, on
Wednesday said he would rather resign from
politics instead of defecting from Peoples
Democratic Party to the All Progressives
Congress.
He described politicians defecting from the PDP
to the APC as those “suffering from poverty of
integrity, morality and principle.”
Aliyu, who was receiving guests at his office in
Minna, said the PDP supporters should not be
deterred by defections from PDP, adding that
those who had cause to worry were members of
the APC, who would soon have problems of
political profiteers in their hands.
He said, “I will resign from politics instead of
joining APC, those defecting from PDP, based on
the outcome of the presidential and National
Assembly election, lack principles of integrity and
morality, they are indeed stomach politicians.”
“For principles of integrity, morality, we have
chosen to remain in the PDP. I heard people
insinuating that I have dumped my party
candidate for the APC candidate. It is a lie, I will
never do such a thing.”
He said the Niger APC’s allegation against the
PDP of the latter’s plans to rig the April 11
governorship election, had shown that “they are
indeed the very ones trying to rig and cause civil
unrest.”
The governor added, “On our own side, we will
abide by the rule to ensure nobody or party is
cheated. The election must indeed reflect the
wishes of the people.”
Meanwhile, Alhaji Seidu Abubakar, former
Chairman, Wushishi Local Government, who led a
group of former local government chairmen in
Niger State to the governor on a visit, said they
had chosen to remain in the PDP based on
principles and conviction.
“Despite the after effect of the presidential
election, we remain undaunted. The Buhari effect
has come and gone. The next election will not be
APC’s show anymore, because we do not have
Buhari among the governorship candidates of
the APC,” he said.
www.punchng.com/news/ill-resign-from-politics-than-join-apc-aliyu/
Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by Tattooboy: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Resign? Politicians dont resign here in Nigeria.
Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by temitemi1(m): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2015
I salute ur loyalty Sir! GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by ElFenomeno1: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2015
temitemi1:
I salute ur loyalty Sir! GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Oh shut the fu...ck up... Dont you get tired of littering the forum with your hot nonsense?!

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by Gbawe: 10:20am On Apr 09, 2015
'Good luck' Aliyu. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by januzaj(m): 10:24am On Apr 09, 2015
even if you join APC councillor no go pass your nose
Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by chat2deen(m): 10:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Doing oga Jona's bidding because of EFCC ba! After inaugurating GMB if we catch near APC we shall give proper bath wit sachet water n scrub ur body with pelleted stones. Oloshi! Ode! Ole buruku.
Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by MugabeRobert: 10:27am On Apr 09, 2015

Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by tyson99(m): 10:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Mssscchheeww nonsense man,whether u like it or not na APC go dey control dis country and including u sef for at least 16yrs grin
Re: I’ll Resign From Politics Than Join APC – Aliyu by Ymodulus: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Is this not the same man who said "there is no morality in politics" but now he is talking about integrity.

He described politicians defecting from the PDP to the APC as those “suffering from poverty of integrity, morality and principle.” This man is suffering from amnesia, this was a man that said you can't be in the business of politics without telling lies, what morals is he now talking about?

He is confused and yet to recover from the shock of being defeated in his own state after making so much noise.

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: A New Style Of First Lady In Nigeria? / Photos: Injured APC Members In Warri South Constituency II / My Conversation With Buhari In Nigeria’s Interest – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.