Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin (12477 Views)

Dogara Built House At Wuse, Abuja Within 6 Months As Speaker - Sahara Reporters / Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Court Asked To Stop APC From Presenting Tambuwal As Candidate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by lalasticlala(m): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2015
The chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Finance, Hon Abdulmumini Jibrin (APC, Kano), has said that the desire to deepen the ‘change’ that have taken place in the country was behind his decision to vie for the office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives in the incoming 8th National Assembly.

Jibrin, who spoke on Wednesday in Abuja during his formal declaration of ambition to contest for the speakership of the Lower House, also promised to pursue a 3-point agenda if elected, which will serve as a blueprint for the House in order to achieve an improved performance of collective legislative duties.

“It is against this backdrop and the desire to help deepen the change that has taken hold of the political space, that I wish to humbly present myself to be elected as Speaker of the 8th House of Representatives.

“The last four years in the House game me a solid understanding of the workings of the House of Representatives. To this end, I have designed a 3-point agenda which will guide me in ensuring my colleagues and I strive for an improved performance of our collective legislative duties,” Jibrin said.

According to him, the agenda include transparency in discharging people’s mandate, which will entail the introduction of an e-parliament platform where Nigerians will easily follow legislative activities; strengthening the institution of law-making; and continuity in legislative business.

He noted that the House Standing Committee on Finance recorded remarkable achievements in its oversight functions under his leadership, which have positive bearing on the nation’s economy in the last four years.

The lawmaker identified the increase in projections of the country’s internally generated revenue (IGR) from N228 billion in 2011 to N452 billion in 2014, among others.

Jibrin, however, assured that his colleagues would not vote based on any zoning arrangement, but would opt for merit in electing a successor to Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwa sometime in June when the 8th National Assembly would be inaugurated.

On the secrecy of legislators’ allowances, he promised to make it a public knowledge while also promising to declare his assets if elected into the office of Speaker of the House of Representatives.

“I hereby solicit with profound respect, the support of my colleagues Hon members and members-elect in the House of Representatives, members of the executive committee and the leadership of my party, All Progressives Congress, APC, and of course, the support of Nigerians,” Jibrin said.

http://leadership.ng/news/424108/why-i-want-to-succeed-tambuwal-as-speaker-jibrin
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by januzaj(m): 10:16am On Apr 09, 2015
SAI APCCCCCCCCCCCCC
48HOURS ULTIMATUM MY ASS
APOLOGY KO APOLLO NI
DICKtator:
But why can't an Igboman be the speaker?
I don't understand this rotational thing ooooo!
Tambuwal is from the north, why should a northerner be clamouring for his replacement?
Ain't there any APC legislator from the east(I presume APC has the majority in the house) to succeed him?
Smh!!!
grin grin grin grin
SHEBI DEM GET PDP REPS....DEM GO WIN FOR HOUSE NA ABI 6>>>>19 .....OLE...BARAWO....CATTLE REARERS AND AMALA EATERS GO SHOW PEPPER.. ...

5 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Sweetyie(f): 10:21am On Apr 09, 2015
ok
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by holatin(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015
he is intelligent

Change !

3 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by DICKtator: 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015

Tambuwal is from the north, why should a northerner be clamouring for his replacement?

Ain't there any APC legislator from the east(I presume APC has the majority in the house) to succeed him?

Smh!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by boman2014: 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015
political gluttons
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by paulolee(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015
mchweeeee..... dts how deY start setting mandate n agenders b4 election n after d election deY wud surely dump or forget d main reasons Y d masses voted for dem...... its d season of change n any party dt failed in its first 4 yrs dnT deserve anoda tenure....
GEJ failed n was surprisingly changed n I dnT c any reason why I wunt go out nxt tomorrow to go vote for j.k coz I also need d same change in Lagos...
m still praying dt d polls wunt b rigged n dt apc tugs wud shun violence n accept defeat as GEJ did coz no politician is worth killing a rat

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Young03(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015
Wetin concern me wit +++succeding++mtcheww
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Freelancer00(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015
As far as you mean good for the country, That's What's paramount
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by wenakans: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by naijainfogalery: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2015
lol
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by dammytosh: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Why must Hausa be a Speaker again.

Igbo need to come together and take a valid place in Nigeria Administration.

Instead of individual interests being pursued.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by hunasand: 10:26am On Apr 09, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by swellama: 10:26am On Apr 09, 2015
wait for resumption

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by adekojeku(m): 10:26am On Apr 09, 2015
i think, it should be zoned to the south.
meanwhile, Change we want.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by giantstrides(m): 10:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Give it to the east or south south.
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 09, 2015
We need a woman speaker jor...
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Rayjaymay(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2015
lol......dem sabi eat hot yam wen talking......
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by holatin(m): 10:30am On Apr 09, 2015
dammytosh:

we shouldn't care which tribe hold a particular post but what he or she can do while holding the post.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by joystickextendr: 10:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by chuose: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2015
APC IS THIS THE WAY TO GOVERN NIGERIA ?
IGBO PEOPLE ARE FORCED TO CLOSE SHOP AND ATTEND AMBODE'S CAMPAIGN.
THEY ARE NOW FORCED.

IS THE OBA OKAY UPSTAIRS?

Today, hundreds of shop owners, especially of Igbo, were reportedly forced to shut-down their shops at the Idumota Market, Lagos Island and ordered to go and join the APC candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode .

This is coming when the Lagos monarch is under heavy criticism for threatening to deal with Igbo residents of Lagos if they ddid not vote for his APC candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode.

One of the traders in an sms message to reporters said, “We arrived Idumota market to our shops as early as 8am. Shortly after, some thugs came, ordering us shut our shops on the orders of Oba Akiolu. They gave us 10 minutes to hurriedly close shops and join the waiting vehicles parked in front of his palace, and heading to Orile, venue of Ambode’s campaign led by the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.”

Some of the Igbo traders who deal on pharmaceutical products in the market said when they arrived the market, some messengers informed them that Oba Akiolu ordered everyone to close shop and join buses numbering over 100.

A Pharmaceutical products dealer, said: “We were shocked at what happened today (Tuesday) in Idumota market. When we got to the market, we were caught unawares by a purported order from the Oba of Lagos, directing all traders to close shop and join a bus heading for Ambode’s campaign.

“We were shocked by this directive, because we were never informed the previous day (Monday) about this directive. More worrisome is the fact that I lost millions of naira because of this self-serving coercion by the Oba.”

Another pharmaceutical products dealer, said: “I feel this recent forceful directive by the Oba is in fulfilment of his recent threat to deal with Ndigbo if they fail to vote for his preferred candidate. But as far as I am concerned, no amount of threat or coercion will deter me from making my choice at the forthcoming governorship election in Lagos State.”

Some Igbo traders view the monarch’s order as not unconnected with the campaign of Ambode in the Orile axis of the state. President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and other APC national leaders were in Lagos today to lead the campaign train

http://www.genechy.com/2015/04/oba-of-lagos-shuts-igbo-shops-in.html
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by MKO4ever(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2015
ok
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by skullbaba: 10:34am On Apr 09, 2015
everybody talk about changing the world, but no one talks about changing himself ------leo toskey. buhari is now elected the president and in couple of weeks will be swear in, nigerians especially we youth we need to help in the change, we all know the president elect is sorrunded by hawks just like the incubency but his ability to control them and not been control will determine his success. i pray nigeria get it right this time around. let us all change for a better tomorrow
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 09, 2015
dammytosh:

And Igbos already going the wrong way in Lagos. Foresight, tact and planning is needed to achieve anything in the Nigerian political theatre.

The Igbos cannot feel the political temperature and now they may loose out big even in Lagos. Wisdom is mightier than strength.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by vacanci: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2015
DICKtator:

Smh!!!

grin grin grin grin

can you mention an APC Rep from the south east?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by yungcyrus(m): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Party of thieves....
Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
dammytosh:

How many won elections to the House of Representatives from the east. Definitely, if there are, the will have better chances than from any other geopolitical zones. If not, sorry, since the speakership cannot be given to the opposition.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
chuose:
APC IS THIS THE WAY TO GOVERN NIGERIA ?
IGBO PEOPLE ARE FORCED TO CLOSE SHOP AND ATTEND AMBODE'S CAMPAIGN.
THEY ARE NOW FORCED.

IS THE OBA OKAY UPSTAIRS?

http://www.genechy.com/2015/04/oba-of-lagos-shuts-igbo-shops-in.html

Oba said all shops should be closed. All shops were closed - hausa shops, yoruba shops, igbo shops, nupe shops. Who is crying? Igbos.

Igbos already loosing out in Federal politics and they may yet loose out in Lagos politics - that has accomodated non-indegenes since 1999.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Push Retirement Age Of Supreme Court Justices To 75 Years / PDP Senator, Nnamani Lists Tinubu's Achievements In Health Sector As Governor / Strange Helicopter Found In Yoruba Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.