Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,576 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election (22634 Views)

#FuelScarcity: Lagosians On Top Of Open Vehicles (photos) / Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday’s Governorship Election / Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by tochstorm(m): 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
baysmith:
I jus lov everythin abt d man...always on point...cant wait fr him tu b d minister of justice.
efcc so he can probe tinubu. anyone?
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by Akanbee2015: 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
baysmith:
I jus lov everythin abt d man...always on point...cant wait fr him tu b d minister of justice.

From Fashola to Ambode. May God make it so in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by Akanbee2015: 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Lifebender:
If you fail to see reasons in this,then you are a fool forever.
And to the likes of airforce1,ozoigbondo,Texcoco(shameless ichidodo)and CR77 claiming they'll vote agbaje.Nobody is stopping you.But remember the vote you gave GEJ is not enough to kick him in.And if Ambode wins,i dont xpect to see u fucktards on #land again!!!
Ambo,A Ti De...
#APC

Tell them my brother. Anybody wey no wan see better for wetin Lagos State don achieve in s past how many years should just remain blind. Amen!
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by Ayzeeez: 7:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode: #FutureOfLag Speaks Out! http:///T1ttvRx7xU
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by shuaibsmanee: 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by Larow(m): 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Firefire:

Eleke ebu, undecided
my guy! Sorry 4 dat! Ma binu omo iya mi!
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by Firefire(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
Larow:
my guy! Sorry 4 dat! Ma binu omo iya mi!

ebi ati ara kan naa ni wa, ko si ewu. thank you.
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by drinksandmoreng: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
Lagos decides..... Vote Akinwunmi Ambode for Governor Lagos State 2015. Vote for continuity

Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by ololufemi: 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fellow lagosians, we can say that Lagos has worked for the elites. The poor and down trodden are still suffering. If you doubt it, visit lalces where drivers, cooks and cleaners stay (Ajegunle, Makoko, Mile 12, Ikota slum, Prime amongst others).

We also need to demand that the freedom of information bill should be passed in Lagos state so that all contracts and transactions awarded in the past and for the future can be reviewed appropriately.

I hear a lot about the qualifications of Ambode but one thing I am surprised at is despite these qualifications, the guy can hardly express himself. Jimi does a better jof expressing himself. He needs to stand up and fight his battle rather than allow people fight it for him. He should learn from the people's General and communicate clearly what he will do differently from BRF that will bring spectacular development.

A status quo is undesirable in Lagos. We need a mega transformation now . My proposal is that to achieve the Lagos of our dreams, the development witnessed in Ikoyi, Lekki, Victoria Island et al needs to be replicated in Amuwo Odofin, Prime, Iganmu, Ajegunle, Apapa boundary, Makoko amongst other slums (I mean providing the people who live here with decent accommodation and not chasing them away from their land so that it can be acquired for some personal interest)

Ambode needs to stop clapping his hands, showing us his sparkling white agbada whilst looking at his wristwatches as depicted in his posters and tell lagosians what he intends to do for lagosians.

This will sway the mind of the undecided populace.
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by baysmith(m): 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
philips70:

My point is Fashola should not be wasted in the Justice ministry. He should function better in developmental ministries that will yield direct dividends of change democracy.

well said...he knows how to handle n manage resources positively...i believe he will soar high in oda ministry...#jus saying tho
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by abdulwastecx(m): 11:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Fashola, if you're honest to yourself, you would admit that the progress Lagos state has made under an APC government over the last 16 years has been very abysmal. If you're even more honest, you will agree that your political godfather will cease this golden opportunity he has gained by finally having his reins in the federal government to further amass wealth far beyond his imagination.

If you're also honest, you will also admit that it was under a PDP led federal government that Lagos was more capable to generate higher revenues internally because of the growth of Nigeria's economy. Whenever the economy of Nigeria appreciates, it affects Lagos more than any other state in Nigeria.

Mr Fashola, you're playing the blame game to cover up your deficiencies and inefficiencies. Lagos also needs change.

if you are truthful to yourself, you would ask yourself what has the pdp lead govt has been able to do in the area of power generation, infrastructure development, poverty eradication, education etc. in the past 16 years.

lagos is a more dynamic state with a more diversify economy than the Nigeria federation.... actually, Nigeria depend on the deep Lagos harbor for her trade, her metropolitan status for tax etc.
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by vislabraye(m): 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
Donbabajay12:

How is that toll gate affecting ur free flow of traffic nd ease in traffic congestion !!!stop hating that is not a problem to lagosians at least the roads ar being maintained !! Airport tollgate that is being collected by federal 200naira. !!wat av they done wit d money they av been collecting ,the so called pdp thiefs

AIRPORT is much different. That Ajah road was built by Jakande many years ago. What this government did is to build toll collection centers. The roads are not even bigger. Just one Local Government, you have 3 toll gates and you think its all okay.

Now Lagos state says they used the tax money to build the roads. But you still collect money on each toll....

Well, its the poor that will suffer it, after all Fashola says there's no home for the poor...(sic)
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 10, 2015
maestroferddi:
You are making a big mistake.

Regardless of whether Agbaje wins or not, the indisputable fact is that JK is a very likable person. He is by far more appealing than Ambode.

He sounds smarter and one may not need to look very far to know that JK will make a quality governor.

The Igbos are not supporting JK because he is in the PDP. Instead the love for Agbaje is that he has such a pleasing personality. It is like Obama whose attraction cuts racial lines.

It is not anybody's fault that JK looks a better candidate than Ambode.

Lol, and tatswhy he has been keeping malice with his brother for years....

Truth be told, he wins, pdp wins...government is more about politics than individuals...so many pple wanna ave a say
......u can be martin Luther for one and the pple behind u advise u to be Hitler....(eg the clueless one)...

Unless its a general, I always said Nigeria needs a strong hand, not a yes man...there are too many discerning tribes...who wnt see eye to eye...

Well in my humble opinion, 16 years of apc in lagos has been extremely better than any 16 years of pdp in other states even at the federal level......

And to all those shouting tinuthief and all....politics is a dirty game, tinubu couldn't ave conquered Nigeria if he was a saint......

Even the pples general had to shake hands wit devils for his ambition to be won

When in Rome, behave like the Romans..with an extra sense .......
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by maestroferddi: 1:10am On Apr 10, 2015
Phantomstranger:

Lol, and tatswhy he has been keeping malice with his brother for years....

Truth be told, he wins, pdp wins...government is more about politics than individuals...so many pple wanna ave a say
......u can be martin Luther for one and the pple behind u advise u to be Hitler....(eg the clueless one)...

Unless its a general, I always said Nigeria needs a strong hand, not a yes man...there are too many discerning tribes...who wnt see eye to eye...

Well in my humble opinion, 16 years of apc in lagos has been extremely better than any 16 years of pdp in other states even at the federal level......

And to all those shouting tinuthief and all....politics is a dirty game, tinubu couldn't ave conquered Nigeria if he was a saint......

Even the pples general had to shake hands wit devils for his ambition to be won

When in Rome, behave like the Romans..with an extra sense .......
Are you thinking at all?

So you are okay with Tinubu turning Lagos into an ATM machine provided he was able to upstage PDP?

You guys can't stop amusing me. Who do you think Jimi be would be answerable to should he win the governorship? Can't you see that PDP governors would automatically become leaders of the party since PDP is now in opposition?

Has PDP been operated like ACN/SW APC where the governors were more or less like line managers in Tinubu's conglomerate/business empire?

Take a chill pill because JK is too refined to allow riff-raffs preclude him from properly discharging the responsibilities of governance.
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 10, 2015
maestroferddi:
Are you thinking at all?

So you are okay with Tinubu turning Lagos into an ATM machine provided he was able to upstage PDP?

You guys can't stop amusing me. Who do you think Jimi be would be answerable to should he win the governorship? Can't you see that PDP governors would automatically become leaders of the party since PDP is now in opposition?

Has PDP been operated like ACN/SW APC where the governors were more or less like line managers in Tinubu's conglomerate/business empire?

Take a chill pill because JK is too refined to allow riff-raffs preclude him from properly discharging the responsibilities of governance.

Are u Nigerian?..... I doubt it...

Frm yr post I don't think u really understand the politics of tis country.....jonathan was made vice president, then president against his will, yaradua was already back home planning to teach before he was called back......

There has always been a cabal n the cabal has just shifted hands.....

For jk to romance wit a party n be against his former party, u really tink there wnt be concessions..think again bruv...tis is naija....nuttin goes for nuttin

If jk wins, the pdp is gonna use the nxt four years to discredit all the works of the apc, Tats just the way politics is played...and wen two lions fight,....its the grass tat suffers...

And truth be told, I don't personally see jk as a man tat can stand up to opposition n stand his ground, I really don't

Even Jesus said "give unto ceasar wat is his and give unto God wat is his"

Case closed
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by johnsonphina: 7:23am On Apr 10, 2015
prettyivy4u:
Fashola has done lots for Lagos, and it's residents...
laid the foundation for Us all to start to believe in a better Lagos...

Ambode will continue the good work and do even more great deeds with Federal support....

I believe in the #SpiritOfLagos

I believe in #RealChange

I believe in Akinwunmi Ambode

Watch "'Ambo'ssadors from Nollywood - Desmond Elliot" on YouTube
'Ambo'ssadors from Nollywood - Desmond Elliot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9kXF2P-Kes

cool, thats the spirit of lagos
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by donzubbykamal: 7:33am On Apr 10, 2015
i'm not a fan of ambode or jimi agbaje but one thing i would love every lagosian to do is
to vote for the candidate that you can trust. i'm not a fan of PdP government. if PDP
should win on saturday then every lagosian should be ready for 4 years of civil unrest
because past PdP government in south west was associated with thuggery and armed robbery.
Ekiti state is still suffering from that till date. dont get me wrong, fayose is a very
nice man but he's got hooliganism in his blood. To all my igbo brothers. your businesses
are thriving in lagos because there's has been peace in lagos and babatunde fashola tried
in terms of security in lagos. you can vote for PDP but there is one thing i can assure
you. lagos will not be peaceful again because all those thugs that BRF had sent away from
lagos will come back and your businesses will not be safe again. vote wisely!!
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by maestroferddi: 7:56am On Apr 10, 2015
Phantomstranger:

Are u Nigerian?..... I doubt it...

Frm yr post I don't think u really understand the politics of tis country.....jonathan was made vice president, then president against his will, yaradua was already back home planning to teach before he was called back......

There has always been a cabal n the cabal has just shifted hands.....

For jk to romance wit a party n be against his former party, u really tink there wnt be concessions..think again bruv...tis is naija....nuttin goes for nuttin

If jk wins, the pdp is gonna use the nxt four years to discredit all the works of the apc, Tats just the way politics is played...and wen two lions fight,....its the grass tat suffers...

And truth be told, I don't personally see jk as a man tat can stand up to opposition n stand his ground, I really don't

Even Jesus said "give unto ceasar wat is his and give unto God wat is his"

Case closed
Seems you have been programmed to think like a robot.

I daresay that you succeeded in making no sense in your submission above.

Go through what you wrote again but this time try to think out of the box.

Maybe I need to spoonfeed you with the reality that PDP is a party that would be undergoing rediscovery and reallignment in the coming days so as to relaunch herself back into reckoning.

BTW Been in this game long enough to school you on realities of the times.
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by jaydee87(m): 8:42am On Apr 10, 2015
lafex:
I really love the message but I doubt if APC will win the election
vote for Ambode and see if he wont win...
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by jaydee87(m): 8:47am On Apr 10, 2015
maestroferddi:

Maybe I need to spoonfeed you with the reality that PDP is a party that would be undergoing rediscovery and reallignment in the coming days so as to relaunch herself back into reckoning.

PDP will try to gain trust of the populace but it will take time before we believe in them again and that will take a lot of hard work from Jimi but I doubt if he will be given the chance to prove that...e no easy...
Re: Fashola Addresses Lagosians On Saturday's Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
maestroferddi:

Just read what u typed, and I'm not making sense....lol

Besides I don't think it's mature to insult pple while trying to make points....its absurd...why not state ur points and move on.....

U just proved ur not worth arguing with...

I rest my case

Sanwo-Olu's Wife Joins Campaign Train, Meets Women's Groups (video) / Tallest Buildings In Nigeria / APC Governors' Forum To Sack Okorocha For Incompetence

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64