Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State (19149 Views)

Why North’ll Continue To Be Problem To Nigeria –balarabe Musa / Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Recent Road Accidents Serve Them Right – Balarabe Musa / Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Kassidy90(m): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
The man is right, I love APC but when PDP said they would rule for 50yrs we thought they were bragging but from the my point of view I think they were right because 70% of APC bigwigs are refurbished PDP members....
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by mrkel(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
The poor outing of PDP at the presidential election and the attendant waves of defection of members from its fold, affords her the opportunity of going back to the drawing board with the view of strategizing on how they can become a formidable opposition party that can put APC in check.

I see intra-party squabble afflicting the APC in the nearest future as a result of its admission of all sort of dubious character into its fold.

APC hegemonic grip in Nigeria is only but momentary. I see PDP resurging back to prominence in the future. Let's never encourage one party system. It is anathema to any democratic system.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by jaykaylegend(m): 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Wait oooo
Is PDP the only opposition party??
At least we have KOWA, AA,AD,ADC,HOPE, etc
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Chiaka(f): 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Every one knows. Goodluck Jonathan caused this nonsense. That man is just annoying

How? Explain.....
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Chiaka(f): 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
jaykaylegend:
Wait oooo
Is PDP the only opposition party??
At least we have KOWA, AA,AD,ADC,HOPE, etc

Nobody sabi them. We are talking of strong Opposition bro!
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by DonMaxxy(m): 1:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
I think Nigeria is ranking no. 1 in surprises. Even in sports there are surprises. You predict they will win, and they will disappoint you. In religion, the same. You meet men of God and they will anoint you and your project, only to wake up one morning to hear that one of them have turned your name eg: from Goodluck to Badluck. This nation is too big for a party to claim sway. If PDP was finally defeated, APC can also be defeated.

More still any organization or institution founded on lust for power, protest and antagonism, will scatter the same way. For he who kills by the sword, will go by the sword.

This was how some self acclaimed political pundits predicted that PDP will be the ruling party for 50 years. Let's keep our predictions and watch the change agents. Let's give them time to work.

Predictions work well on objects that are determined and naturally conditioned, but will always fail among humans; creatures of freedom and possibilities.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by nkemjacob2(m): 1:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
It can neva b possible with the greedy poli-thief-cians moving to APC?
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fadelex:
I think this trend can be stopped if Buhari-led govt starve those political prostitute of relevance when they get to APC, example is Tom ikimi, they should all decamp to APC and be relevance only in their ward. I trust Buhari, as a military man, he's knowledgeable enough to tame saboteurs and thieves

being a military man is quite different from being educated.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by blacktoy(m): 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
coolluk:

Wow, and he still has the effrontery to call shots in Nigeria and the only reason i remember him was because there is a street named after him in VI
that's nigeria politics for u
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by oluamid(m): 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
adorablepepple:
That will never happen, a stronger opposition will arise n they will become once upon a time just like pdp if they mess up.
undecidedAnd enough of the foresight Let's see What they have to offer first....

I wish to share your optimism but with the current situation of things and the mindset of our politicians...I dunno undecided
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
APC can never make Nigeria one-party state. There are other minor and irrelevant parties like Accord Party,UPN,SDP,Labour Party. It's normal that people of zero political philosophy will defect to winning party. It does change nothing. PDP has enjoyed that in the past,APC must go with the flow.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Fadelex(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
chuna1985:

being a military man is quite different from being educated.
I know but military men are smarter to detect saboteurs, he won't be easily deceived.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fadelex:

I know but military men are smarter to detect saboteurs, he won't be easily deceived.

Lol.

I'm really sorry for u guys who will be in for a shocker. Do u think buhari is d owner of APC? Do u think he will take all d decisions?

U will be disappointed wen it starts.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
Kassidy90:
The man is right, I love APC but when PDP said they would rule for 50yrs we thought they were bragging but from the my point of view I think they were right because 70% of APC bigwigs are refurbished PDP members....

ur right, PDP leadership continues within APC
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Reference(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
buoye1:
Whatever,good governance is what we crave for

Then under that kind of system you will not get it. Balarabe Musa is not correct. The PDP will remain and like I said last week will shrink uptill late 2017, early 2018 when the APC will begin to split in turn as the election season dawns. But if he is speaking strictly about ideological politics then I will tell him, there never has been one. That's why I don't have a PVC thoughtless of voting. I can't see that happening in this generation. Right now we the people are too politically ignorant, babies, to be fed the strong meat of ideologies.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by deletrue: 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
tolustx:

Seeing that it is d same set of people that rocked d sinking boat of PDP that ve run to APC's boat to seek refuge, the same things dat caused d downfall of PDP will sooner or later make APC fall too. One thing I know for sure tho is dat PDP will strategize to make d party stronger again but if APC should fall @ anytime, that fall will be too brutal dat it will shatter and not be mendable. So dos forces @ d top of APC shud be careful how they tread.

Balarabe did not touch the main factor that will bring about the one party system. If you look at the results of the election, almost all the noethener states voted for Buhari, almost all the yorubas except Ekiti, voted for Buhari. In other words, these two big ethnic groups have agreed to always vote out any likely persons who is not from these two tribes because democracy is about numbers. Votings these days is only on tribe and not about performance. From those northener votes, no single complaint was recorded even though, there was very serious rigging and under age voting, but because of the gang up and secrete agreement, they kept quite. The whole east and the south south also voted for GEJ except Edo and rivers that recorded divisions in the votes. As it is now one party is most likely because of the new marriage of the two big tribes. This method was not known before hences votes were spread and across to any side before. How do you see my explaination?
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Fadelex(m): 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
chuna1985:

Lol.

I'm really sorry for u guys who will be in for a shocker. Do u think buhari is d owner of APC? Do u think he will take all d decisions?

U will be disappointed wen it starts.
only because you didn't know the kind of power the president wields. Jonathan allowed himself to be deceived because he trusts many of his aides. even while his defeat was imminent, they were still deceiving him. Buhari on the other hand has been commander in chief before, was brought in through a coup and was ousted through a coup, therefore he smells liar from afar, just wait and see what will happen. the General cannot be pushed around
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by TopHand: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
deletrue:
Balarabe did not touch the main factor that will bring about the one party system. If you look at the results of the election, almost all the noethener states voted for Buhari, almost all the yorubas except Ekiti, voted for Buhari. In other words, these two big ethnic groups have agreed to always vote out any likely persons who is not from these two tribes because democracy is about numbers. Votings these days is only on tribe and not about performance. From those northener votes, no single complaint was recorded even though, there was very serious rigging and under age voting, but because of the gang up and secrete agreement, they kept quite. The whole east and the south south also voted for GEJ except Edo and rivers that recorded divisions in the votes. As it is now one party is most likely because of the new marriage of the two big tribes. This method was not known before hences votes were spread and across to any side before. How do you see my explaination?
My friend you r the one missing the point, if u as a leader work for the people the people will like u, if u use the nation's resources to to build powerstations to give the people electricity, you build bridges and roads, u build refineries and give the people cheap petrol, u send corrupt officials to jail the people will love and trust u, they will talk good about u, Nigeria needs to b taking our leaders to task, if Buhari chop money I go talk I no go talk say na my tribe.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by nnapo: 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
ebiscoshadrack1:
http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeriall-become-one-party-state-under-apc-balarabe-musa/
Power corrupts a man with a good heart not to talk of one with a questionable history. please I wish you all could look beyond this recent victory by APC and be aware of its leader, Tinubu who is quickly becoming the most powerful personality in nigerian politics, which i admire since he is one of the few people my generation was able to observe his humble beginning. he has the the ability to stand up to any challenge as he has proven in the past but his hands are not clean. I plead with nigerians not to be carried away with these CHANGE propaganda (as we all know that majority of the people who makes up APC are previous members of PDP so nothing much is changing) and give absolute power to APC , Tinubu. lets not forget that it took sixteen years to voice our discomfort if this people decide to misbehave it would take longer.
The only way out is to follow Tinubu legacy (since we all know that lagos has been the opposition party stronghold for quite a while) by leaving lagos as an opposition state by voting jimi. remember we would not have known some credible people like Fashola and the rest without a strong opposition party. If they claim to be the change we are looking for then the federal government should be able to look beyond their differences and develop Lagos with whoever is its Governor
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fadelex:

only because you didn't know the kind of power the president wields. Jonathan allowed himself to be deceived because he trusts many of his aides. even while his defeat was imminent, they were still deceiving him. Buhari on the other hand has been commander in chief before, was brought in through a coup and was ousted through a coup, therefore he smells liar from afar, just wait and see what will happen. the General cannot be pushed around

U seem to be unaware of how politics works . Till den, We will talk again
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by cytellProperty: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Na all this old for nothing baba like balarabe musa dey give us problem for this country. Dem don old but no wan commot for young people to take over.
ebiscoshadrack1:
http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeriall-become-one-party-state-under-apc-balarabe-musa/
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by naijafresh: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
People like Balarabe Musa are responsible for the rot of yesteryears that has continued through to today.

He does not deserve to have an opinion in Nigerian politics and frankly few want to listen so please shut up.

I wish we had a Nigerian Jerry Rawlings
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
ebiscoshadrack1:

Balarabe Musa has always spoken with wisdom
Some notable references to him include

“In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria/posts/637962916261834
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Duru1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nigeria is a maniacal joke. Nothing seems to go right in the jungle. Even the creepiest ant is crooked.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Fadelex(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
chuna1985:

U seem to be unaware of how politics works . Till den, We will talk again
aiit bro
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Meanwhile nta n ait has decamped to apc
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Smalles: 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
This man is right just look at the number of people that defected from the PDP to APC after the Presidential election to date made up of mostly fear weather friends that want to be part of the ruling government for their personal selfish benefit and interest.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by Smalles: 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
Where is the change? Seems it's just a change of name cos all the PDP members are moving to APC.
Re: Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State by deletrue: 10:02am On Apr 10, 2015
TopHand:

My friend you r the one missing the point, if u as a leader work for the people the people will like u, if u use the nation's resources to to build powerstations to give the people electricity, you build bridges and roads, u build refineries and give the people cheap petrol, u send corrupt officials to jail the people will love and trust u, they will talk good about u, Nigeria needs to b taking our leaders to task, if Buhari chop money I go talk I no go talk say na my tribe.
Agreed, but when that time when voting will be entirely based on performance comes, we all will know but as at today, we are still far from that your idea. The reasons are that four governors decamped from GEJ/pdp just for the reasons that (1) these governors were in their last term (2) because these governors were from another region outside GEJ. (3) the last elections showed that the voting showed that the entire north voted in favour of Buhari and in fact so many other reason are still there showing that we are far from that your suggestion. But you are however not agreement with my suggestion, kindly tell me why a wh
What we have in our politics today in this country is purely tribal, religion and monetary. If, you are however, in doubt over these reasons I have advanced, kindly tell me why you think a whole four governors, all from the north, will decamp from GEJ/pdp? This had not happened any where in the world before.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

May 30th Sit-At-Home: We Will Treat IPOB As Terrorist - Police Warn / 2023 Census To Begin May 3 - FG / Throwback Picture Of Ganduje And Kwankwaso Years Back In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.