Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje (872 Views)

Defaced Posters Of Jimi Agbaje On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo) / Jimi Agbaje Bought Food For Everybody At A Buka / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
This thread is in response to a thread where Jimi was accused of lying and deceiving the electorate.

Here's the link. : https://www.nairaland.com/2242550/breaking-unveiling-jimi-agbaje-liar

I will therefore advice you go through that thread before reading this.

Let's proceed.

1. Jimi promises to remove Lekki toll gate fee when FG milks Lagosians dry with the airport toll gate fee

This seems to be a very lame point to anyone with a functioning brain. I fail to see how FGs tolling of airport gate invalidates jimi's promise to remove Lekki toll gate fee.

2. Jimi promised to build 150,000 housing units when jonathan could only build 30,000 at the cost of 20m per one totalling 3 trillion naira. Where does he intend getting the money from when the budget of Lagos is just N467 billion

The main problem with this argument is that, Jimi is yet to tell anyone the type of house he intends building. For all I care, it could just be basic single rooms or self contain housing units which the masses can comfortably afford. It need not have lots of amenities. Building 150,000 of such over a period of eight years amounts to about 18,000 houses per year. If he builds those houses at the cost of 5million per one, he would end up spending 90bn per year. This looks feasible enough in a budget of 467bn per year.

Jimi Agbaje Promised to reduce tax, Yet Jonathan led PDP has just proposed a VAT increment from the report of its tax review committee which suggested increase in taxes(Moreover your under the table shop, Jaykay Pharmacy is a known tax defaulter)

Again, that the FG plans to increase tax does not invalidate Jimi's promise to reduce it.

More so, Jimi has come out to deny allegations he's a tax evader and the Lagos State government is yet to produce any evidence to back up its claims.

Jimi Agbaje promised to remove LASTMA, KAI and LAWMA

I need not spend more time on this as it's a blatant lie from the pit of hell.

*I'll be back*

2 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by richol(m): 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
ambo oooooooh...... ambo
Re: In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by myqel(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
JK we know, JK we trust....for a better Lagos, JK is OK....you would have called INIESTA best player from Barca's academy if MESSI was not given a chance

By the way, I wonder why APC are so desperate to retain Lagos, that could only mean they are trying to cover up some holes/fraud in their last 16 years of government in Lagos.....the strong wind of change that is blowing will soon blow out your secret to Lagosians
Re: In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by 1wolex85: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
rationalmind:
This thread is in response to a thread where Jimi was accused of lying and deceiving the electorate.

Here's the link. : https://www.nairaland.com/2242550/breaking-unveiling-jimi-agbaje-liar

Let's proceed.

[/b]

This seems to be a very lame point to anyone with a functioning brain. I fail to see how FGs tolling of airport gate invalidates jimi's promise to remove Lekki toll gate fee.

The main problem with this argument is that, Jimi is yet to tell anyone the type of house he intends building. For all I care, it could just be basic single rooms or self contain housing units which the masses can comfortably afford. It need not have lots of amenities. Building 150,000 of such over a period of eight years amounts to about 18,000 houses per year. If he builds those houses at the cost of 5million per one, he would end up spending 90bn per year. This looks feasible enough in a budget of 467bn per year.

Again, that the FG plans to increase tax does not invalidate Jimi's promise to reduce it.

More so, Jimi has come out to deny allegations he's a tax evader and the Lagos State government is yet to produce any evidence to back up its claims.

[/b]

*I'll be back*
On the 150,000 housing units issue, i listened to jimi on soni irabor live some time ago, what he promised was 150,000 housing units per year!!!
Soni Irabor even asked how realistic this was, he said he would involve the private sector, now my question is, if you would involve the private sector, how affordable would the houses be? Is this a better option than the estates BRF is building all over the place? I think not.

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
1wolex85:

On the 150,000 housing units issue, i listened to jimi on soni irabor live some time ago, what he promised was 150,000 housing units per year!!!
Soni Irabor even asked how realistic this was, he said he would involve the private sector, now my question is, if you would involve the private sector, how affordable would the houses be? Is this a better option than the estates BRF is building all over the place? I think not.

I just went back to read what he actually said. He said he'll build 150,000 housing units by 2018 through PPP( Public Private Partnership)

Seems feasible,no?
Re: In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by adaweezy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
rationalmind:

Let's proceed.

[/b]

[/b]

*I'll be back*
He promised Okada riders/nurtw he will fire lastma and Keke nape that fashola will ban them....
He failed to note that keke napeps are under FG jurisdiction. ..
Those promises where made at campaign rallies
Re: In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by adaweezy(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
rationalmind:

Let's proceed.

[/b]

Thwis seems to be a very lame point to anyone with a functioning brain. I fail to see how FGs tolling of airport gate invalidates jimi's promise to remove Lekki toll gate fee.

[/b]

*I'll be back*
I hope you before a tax can be valid it has to be backed by laws and most of the taxation laws where enacted by the federal government except a few which are in the con-current and residual list ...
If Jimi has he wish fully thinks he can reduce tax will reduce tax my question is how??
Is it by non-collection or repealing federal tax laws.....
Bold ignorance you might say...
The federal government through the FIRS monitors as well as deducts tax from the states purse ....my take is Jimi agbaje is an inexperienced man playing on the intelligence of Lagosians that believe him
Re: In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by adaweezy(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
rationalmind:

Let's proceed.

[/b]

[/b]

*I'll be back*
You wrong on the tax evasion aspect MR jimis company in which he is the chairman failed to taxes for three consecutive years ....
And don't give me that cap that he is not involved in the company's day to day affairs because the website of vigeo holdings in which jimi is a director claim that he is the MD

Otherwise he should bring out the CAC form C4 let us ascertain his claims
Re: In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje by 1wolex85: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
rationalmind:

I just went back to read what he actually said. He said he'll build 150,000 housing units by 2018 through PPP( Public Private Partnership)

Seems feasible,no?
Well, what will be the cost to the lasg?(their part of the ppp). I dont still think he cant do it sha, what of other sectors? na only house he wan build?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To End Xenophobic Attacks / Remi Tinubu New Clothes / GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.