Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,287 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! (37393 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Yohana Mamman Dickson Is Dead (former Taraba State Governor) / Soldiers Surround Ex Gombe State Governor, Senator Danjuma Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by alabees: 11:04am On Jan 27, 2009
The governor of Yobe State, Mamman Bello Ali died a few hours ago in the US. Saharareporters could not confirm the cause of death as at the time of going to press. He was born in Jimeta town of Adamawa State in 1958 and had his Primary and secondary education in Jimeta and Numan Crafts School in what used to be "Gongola State."

Senator Ali also attended the Kaduna Polytechnic for his Higher National Diploma (HND) and proceeded for National Service where he served in both Kaduna and Abuja in 1982. He worked with the old Borno State as Senior Engineer for 15 years with Ministry of Works and voluntarily retired in 1990.

Senator Mamman Ali holds two different degrees in Constructions and Extension from Tuskegee University, Alabama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Bolarge(m): 11:17am On Jan 27, 2009
Another one bites the dust.

Any link to the story?
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by oderemo(m): 11:26am On Jan 27, 2009
may his soul rest in peace.

that said you wonder why most of our leaders want to die abroad.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Bolarge(m): 11:41am On Jan 27, 2009
ode remo:

that said you wonder why most of our leaders want to die abroad.
We're all aware of the madness that pervades our beloved country.
Our leaders prefer to Rest In Peace. grin
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by MrCrackles(m): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2009
Oh no
RIP dude!!
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Bolarge(m): 11:52am On Jan 27, 2009
http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=623:breaking-news-yobe-state-governor-senator-mamman-bello-ali-is-dead&catid=3:newsflash&Itemid=204

The governor of Yobe State, Mamman Bello Ali died a few hours ago in the US. Saharareporters learns that the governor died if Leukemia in a US hospital. He was born in Jimeta town of Adamawa State in 1958 and had his Primary and secondary education in Jimeta and Numan Crafts School in what used to be "Gongola State." 

Senator Ali also attended the  Kaduna Polytechnic for his Higher National Diploma (HND) and proceeded for National Service where he served in both Kaduna and Abuja in 1982.  He worked with the old Borno State as Senior Engineer for 15 years with Ministry of Works and voluntarily retired in 1990.

Senator Mamman Ali holds two different degrees in Constructions and Extension from Tuskegee University, Alabama   

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Kx: 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2009
The link to the news as some requested above is :
http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=623:breaking-news-yobe-state-governor-senator-mamman-bello-ali-is-dead&catid=3:newsflash&Itemid=204
It recorded that the gov died of leukamia.

On why our leaders choose to die abroad,i guess they prefer
oyibo hospitals thinking say death nor fit reach dem there!

May his soul rest in peace

But most importantly,how i wish this leaders will
wake up and fix our hospitals.Whats the use going to the US
for medic if our hospitals are well funded?

Does nt the long hours spent on air to get to Saudi Arabia
or Ohio,US amount to adding salt to the injury of a life threatening
kidney ailment?
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 12:15pm On Jan 27, 2009
may his soul rest in perfect peace, just shows no matter how much you have achieved,death is the ultimate leveller, just highlights the reason why african men should go for an m.ot/check up once they are over the 40 yrs old mark as prevention is better than looking for a cure when its almost too late
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by BOSS7: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2009
lucabrasi:

may his soul rest in perfect peace, just shows no matter how much you have achieved,death is the ultimate leveller, just highlights the reason why african men should go for an m.ot/check up once they are over the 40 yrs old mark as prevention is better than looking for a cure when its almost too late

Why M.O.T. check now and why the age of 40? I thought life begins at 40!
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by oderemo(m): 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2009
Why M.O.T. check now and why the age of 40? I thought life begins at 40![quote][/quote][list]

i always wonder why we are all afraid to die, the christian and muslim all believe life is better beyond, so the soonner we leave the capital of hell the better. so forget this yeye vio mot test.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by BOSS7: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2009
ode remo:

i always wonder why we are all afraid to die, the christian and muslim all believe life is better beyond, so the soonner we leave the capital of hell the better. so forget this yeye vio mot test.

You said it all. I'll believe my Bible and would be looking forward to going to Heaven from today. At least the dead governor id probably somewhere with 7virgins as we speak (with no disrespect to the muslims)

cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by honeric01(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2009
Out of 140 million, 1 is gone, remaining how many?
Well we are going to die sooner or latter, i no longer fear death, it can come ANYTIME, i just don't want it to be sudden. after losing my dad, i no longer feel i should be afraid of it.

well he should greet either Father Abraham, or Father David or Father Israel, or even fela, ndiami or Hitler, anyone he's able to see. lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Why M.O.T. check now and why the age of 40? I thought life begins at 40!
i was listening to a radio programme yesterday and the doctor said once an individual is 40 and above,they should endeavour to go for a detailed medical check up in order to prevent anything that might crop up, maybe its the second and final phase of life that begins at 40
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by proo212(m): 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2009
With all the billions they have in their accounts, they can't even buy good health. Makes you wonder don't it undecided
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by airroseice(m): 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2009
When its time for you to die, Nothing holds u back! Not even the Best Doctors in the whole wide world. Not even the Billions of Trillions u've got!
Its dat simple. They can steal all the money they can lay their filthy hands on but the bottom line is , They still WILL DIE n We're all Gonna DIE someday! Simple shocked.
RIP Mamman Bello grin.
smiley
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by GoldCircle: 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2009
so this guy don die?? shocked shocked!
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Jarus(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2009
I just read his interview two days ago in Thisday newspaper
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by BOSS7: 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2009
airroseice:

When its time for you to die, Nothing holds u back! Not even the Best Doctors in the whole wide world. Not even the Billions of Trillions u've got!
Its dat simple. They can steal all the money they can lay their filthy hands on but the bottom line is , They still WILL DIE n We're all Gonna DIE someday! Simple shocked.
RIP Mamman Bello grin.
smiley

You meant RIP Madman Bello
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by abdurrazaq(m): 3:39pm On Jan 27, 2009
May he Rest in Peace if he trully deserves rest. angry If he didn't deserve rest then . . . lipsrsealed angry
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by muhsin(m): 3:57pm On Jan 27, 2009
May his soul rest in peace, amin.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Pennywise(m): 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
May the soul of this late Governor RIP. If my history serves me right, it will be the first time a serving Governor is dying of a natural cause while in office.Ministers, senators, commissioners,even a serving head of State are kicking the bucket left right and center, never Governor. You will think they get some kind of immunity when they get sworn in.

Unfortunately the ones causing the most misery through greed/corruption and for whom you will desire instant final justice seem to be getting stronger-young and old.They are not even sick.

Somehow I think that two more happenings like this within their rank that will be especially shocking for their mysteriousness will help to convey the message that the poor and helpless are getting justice from the highest places. Sadly this might not even help the poor but the spiritualists-budding and established with whom our leaders cavort at the slightest sign of insecurity.So, either way, it will be sometime yet before true relief comes the way of our unjustly treated poor.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by osisi2(f): 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sad.
What kind of governor was he?
If he looted the treasury,he's not getting any peace.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2009
how sad! i heard in the news this evening that he died of leukamia in a UK hospital.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by lucabrasi(m): 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

common now that wasnt called for, im sure you dont wish leukemia on your enemy talk less of your friend or yourself,besides the man is out of this world and being judged by GOD so no human being should pass judgement or say stuffs we know he cant rise up to defend
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2009
**osisi:

Sad.
What kind of governor was he?
If he looted the treasury,he's not getting any peace.

let he or she without any sin be first to judge gov. mamman ali. lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by zoomzu(f): 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2009
May the Almighty Allah grant him Aljannah
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2009
one less rogue.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

hey internet thug! even at death can you be this cold. haba!
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by ilaugh1: 5:33pm On Jan 27, 2009
It is only in Nigeria that it is a sin to die or be sick while in public office. This makes me to realy think, who do Nigerians want to govern them? they want angels, they want people out of the ordinary, they want God.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by BOSS7: 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2009
RICHIE BOI:

hey internet thug! even at death can you be this cold. haba!

Cold? Say that to the families whom he's denied justice as a result of his ineffictive governance in rehabilitating the hospitals in his state while he used the funds belonging to the millions of citizens whom he's meant to be responsible for in treating himself abroad. I'm surely not saying he deserves it but that's how the cookie crumbles I'm afraid.

Yes, I still maintain what I called him Madman Bello. I concur with the post above and that is good riddance to "one less rogue".

I bet in your closet, you're praying for Sanni Abacha and the likes of our evil political robbers in the name of them being dead not thinking that he (Abacha) had the opportunity to pass through this world but once and he failed woefully.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by Looklike2: 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2009
why did he not take care of himself in yobe. All the money they steal cant buy them life.
Re: Breaking News: Yobe State Governor, Senator Mamman Bello Ali Is Dead! by bindex(m): 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2009
Another one has gone. RIP is the word here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For Ruling On Buhari's Certificate, Ad­emola Adeniyi Under Fire From APC Chiefs / Bayelsa: In Defence Of Justice Mary Odili / Ojota: Police Warn Yoruba Nation Agitators; Release Photos Of Bullet Ridden Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.