Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? (2554 Views)

As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? / What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last. / Which Mobile Phone Do You Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Donfolu: 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
This phone is legendary. Do you remember dialing on it or your parents padlocking it?
Share your experiences

1 Share

Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Segadem(m): 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
yes nao
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by lanre316: 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Whizpeter(m): 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why would I forget one of my dream telephone of those days grin grin grin
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
I will come back and comment later
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
nice
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by jaykaylegend(m): 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Thiis phone ehn

You go rotate go north, west, south, east, longitute, latitude 360 degree, 180 degree before you dial just one number!!

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by encryptjay(m): 12:48am On Apr 10, 2015
jaykaylegend:
Thiis phone ehn

You go rotate go north, west, south, east, longitute, latitude 360 degree, 180 degree before you dial just one number!!

Hahaha... grin
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by missdebs(f): 1:57am On Apr 10, 2015
if u get this one for house then, na rich man you be

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Doogee(m): 4:53am On Apr 10, 2015
"Which phone should I buy?" This is the single most common question readers like you ask phone reviewers like us every day. We get it, it can be a challenge, especially with superb choices such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus battling it out against the Sony Xperia Z3 and second-edition Motorola Moto X. But depending on your price range and what's available where you live, the new phone you should be getting may not be a flagship -- it could turn out to be the Nokia Lumia 635 or one of the Motorola Moto Gs.

On the bright side, options are a good thing, so long as you're armed with the knowledge necessary to make smart shopping decisions. Sit tight as we lay out what you need to know to find the best new device for you.

For more top smartphone picks, check out CNET's list of our favorite phones.

Three key phone-shopping essentials
1. Don't be a cell phone cheapskate

Contract or no contract, chances are high that once you commit to a new phone, you'll hang onto it for a while. Therefore, buy the best device you can afford. You'll need the camera quality and processor to last you as long as possible until your next upgrade. The battery, too, becomes less efficient at holding a charge as your phone ages, so you'll want to choose one with a high capacity.

An added benefit of going for a high-end handset, say like an iPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy S5, is that the resale value tends to hold over time, so make your device an investment that pays off.
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by rodeo0070(m): 7:33am On Apr 10, 2015
Back then...

Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by sinkhole: 7:43am On Apr 10, 2015
Go and open online store on either Konga or Jumia
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by DBlackCeazer(m): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2015
still got the black one sitting somewhere.
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by SarcasticMe(m): 8:42am On Apr 10, 2015
My pop had one... I never got to call with it.
I didn't need it anyway, the girls I was chasing then had no phone of their own so letters were the efficient means of communication then. Write, give her, let her ponder over it overnight, then get your reply the next day...
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by godunia(m): 9:33am On Apr 10, 2015
(Smiling mischievously) when d phone is padlocked,there's a way we tapped it to dial a no,for instance to dial no 6,u tap it 6 times followed by another no,when u re done tapping,wooolah,d phone will start ringing.them go lock phone yet bill d high,hehehehehe,guys doing their own since eternity.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Slimzjoe(m): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2015
Grandpa always locked it in his room then undecided

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by bbeckky: 10:52am On Apr 10, 2015
I remember my parents used to put a lock on the dials when the bills were becoming annoyingly too high. Oh gosh, i remember again how my female cousin and i would take turns to stand by d door & watch while d oda wud make d call. smiley smiley
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 10, 2015
This phone made us seem like the richest in our street back then in shomolu.

People will often times stay in our parlour till odd hours, waiting for a call from their distant relatives, they would speak at length and pass the phone from father, to mother, till the last child.

The bills weren't even much, I remember I once went to settle a bill of about One hundred and five naira at our local nitel office.

The most hilarious part of this phone was how my father would lock the dialer with a very tiny padlock. cry

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by dominique(f): 11:55am On Apr 10, 2015
One of the things I used to look forward to when visiting my grandpa. We didnt have any number to call, the click and chink sound is enough fun for us (till we get sent away by an adult). At times we'd call NTA till someone picks it up and then we hang up grin.
There was a time the phone became a hotcake and people were willing to pay millions for it.
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
Yes my dad bought 2 for me in 1960
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by liljboy(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
Donfolu:
This phone is legendary. Do you remember dialing on it or your parents padlocking it?
Share your experiences
@OP..... person fit root the phone? as in, also change the imei?
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Psalmwise(m): 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
<<<Acquired>>>
Militaryzone please keep off
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Donfolu: 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
liljboy:
@OP..... person fit root the phone? as in, also change the imei?
you can try it...
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
Yes,when only one person will have it in a street,and people going there to receive call..

Life is a phase.
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by mbhs139(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Donfolu:
Share your experiences

My father was not reach enough to buy a phone then, but he bought me the toy version. I love it so much.
Re: Check Out This Legendary Phone! Do You Remember Dialing On It? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
godunia:
(Smiling mischievously) when d phone is padlocked,there's a way we tapped it to dial a no,for instance to dial no 6,u tap it 6 times followed by another no,when u re done tapping,wooolah,d phone will start ringing.them go lock phone yet bill d high,hehehehehe,guys doing their own since eternity.

Lols that brings back a Lotta memories

(1) (Reply)

My Android Phone[infinix Hotenote] Too Slow / Infinix Hot 4 Review: The Perfect Budget Phone / Nokia, Umidigi Or Xiaomi, Which Offers devices with the best Value For Money???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.