Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria (4369 Views)

APC, The Only Party That Has Development Agenda — Amaechi / LG Poll Holds Today In Ondo Without Main Opposition Party / APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by mikolo80: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
NaMe4:
Had a similar idea.

I'm in full support.

Good proposition there.
GOOD
I THOUGHT MY IDEA WAS WISHFUL THINKING
NOW IF WE COULD JUST FIND AN IMPLEMENTOR
I'M THINKING KOWA PARTY(LOTS OF POTENTIAL THERE)
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by kilmix: 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
kilmix:
What if we start with a movement... say "Youth League" or Nigeria Youth Movement, appoint board from all geo-political zone plus a Abuja being the centre force.

It need not be live. It can be an online front or platform.

Needless to say that the main creed should be "say no to violence

This will reduce the cost of funding, as we won't have to register as a political party, and also save the cost of funding offices in 24 states + abuja as stated by a NLder, but an association or incorporated trustee.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Feemmy:
I love this, I'm in.
very soon we will be representing from our STATE and Local govt. we are going to start from grass root.

That's the idea. Most parties in Nigeria fail because they do not have a clear-cut agenda. They re always out to grab power by all means. We need to start from the very grassroot, then we can move up.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
kilmix:

This will reduce the cost of funding, as we won't have to register as a political party, and also save the cost of funding offices in 24 states + abuja as stated by a NLder, but an association or incorporated trustee.

Beautiful.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
count me in!!!!!
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by HACKPASTOR(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
kilmix:
What if we start with a movement... say "Youth League" or Nigeria Youth Movement, appoint board from all geo-political zone plus Abuja being the centre force.

It need not be live. It can be an online front or platform.

Needless to say that the main creed should be "say no to violence".

If it comes to violence, count me out.

what about this : Youth Progressive Movement (YPM) or Nigerian Youth Movement (NYM)

THEN OUR SLONGA WILL BE: THE CHANGE YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by ib2015: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
This is the most brilliant thing I have read on NL. Its a great idea. Lets start small first by forming a sort of social political community online. Get it registered as a group of some sort...
build on that before going political fully. I see this as a minimum of a ten year plan.....as Nigerians, we like to rush things but if we want to maks this right....we will need to move slow.

Serious contributions needed.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
HACKPASTOR:

what about this : Youth Progressive Movement (YPM) or Nigerian Youth Movement (NYM)

The slogan is more APC-like. We should be an independent association and shouldn't be linked to any group, association or party alas, we should opt for other slogan
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by HACKPASTOR(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:

The slogan is more APC-like. We should be an independent association and shouldn't be linked to any group, association or party alas, we should opt for other slogan

what of movement of the nation.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Oya when are we starting? cheesy You think this is a 2go/Facebook group?
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Feemmy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
https://m./790209887701007?view=info&ssc=0&ref=finch_more&_rdr

I Just created the above Facebook Group, imagine Nairaland plus Facebook will be great. you guys should try to join the group and it will be our second Land
Note: The name will be change subject to suggestions by members
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by kilmix: 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
HACKPASTOR:

Nice names... we'll draft how to tackle the government when they are going wrong and also question their shady moves... we don't have to wait till 2019. that has been the problem of Nigeria. We wait till the next election to ask questions, that's a very long time if you ask me.

Thank God for Freedom of Info. Act signed by Oga Jona. We can now ask for every document involving any contract or deal done by the FG, save for those that will threaten the security of Nigeria + few other exceptions.
Failure to present it, we'll institute court action by virtue of the provisions of the Act, it's now a criminal act to withhold such info from the public.

With proper planning, we can achieve a lot.

Lemme drop my pen first.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by ziccoit: 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:
It's no news that PDP is going into extinction with the mass defection of its members to the APC (just) like the APP, AD and so on of yesteryears.

To avoid Nigeria sinking into a one party state and to make the ruling party sit up, I suggest we (youths of nairaland) organise ourselves and set up a political party that will be in the opposition to monitor and check the ruling party.

We discussed something like this before on nairaland, but it was consumed by events (and the hacking tsunami of 2014). We'll use this forum as a foundation to kickstart the association. Just for the youths

Lets take this step now to avoid >> https://www.nairaland.com/2245659/balarabe-musa-apc-turn-nigeria

Hope you are not including NL youths because majority I'm seeing here will do worse than the elders they are condemning every now and then.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by luvola(m): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
Count me in this movement. .
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by niyisky: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
ok guys, this is good idea. I support the idea of a pressure group first, and maybe it could metamorphose into a political party with time. count me in
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
ziccoit:

Hope you are not including NL youths because majority I'm seeing here will do worse than the elders they are condemning every now and then.

You don't judge the majority of our youths by what you read here.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by almujeebe(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
Its a very impressive idea.
The truth of the matter is that fighting with mouth is not enough and "I support " is not also enough, let's everybody participate and let's see if something good can come up from it.

Before starting anything, first thing I want us all to look for is the mistakes of the two giants parties.
Their problems, what makes the problem and how the problems can be tackle should be the foundation of this forum.

And please don't call it a party now because many youth of nowadays are not interested in politics due to bad impression that our politicians have impacted.

My suggestion is let it be online for now.
And youths view is also important, it would be great if mod can move to fp and hear the leaders of tommorow's view.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Hardetutu01(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
wat of if we tag it as 'YOUTH FORUM' for now nd discuss on our unsatisfaction with d current Government and also work on how our voice will be heard nd viewed by our today's leader....rest my keyboard for now
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by debie101(m): 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
Great idea, count me in

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by olabombshell: 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
No wahala
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by bolanto24(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
I'm so in bro... just joined the group on Facebook.
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by thankyouJesus(m): 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
I will give this a thought
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by 1bunne4lif(m): 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:
It's no news that PDP is going into extinction with the mass defection of its members to the APC (just) like the APP, AD and so on of yesteryears.

To avoid Nigeria sinking into a one party state and to make the ruling party sit up, I suggest we (youths of nairaland) organise ourselves and set up a political party that will be in the opposition to monitor and check the ruling party.

We discussed something like this before on nairaland, but it was consumed by events (and the hacking tsunami of 2014). We'll use this forum as a foundation to kickstart the association. Just for the youths

Lets take this step now to avoid >> https://www.nairaland.com/2245659/balarabe-musa-apc-turn-nigeria
I've been thinking of this since last week but never deemed it wise to open a tread. Good one bro.

1 Like

Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
thankyouJesus:
I will give this a thought

You've got to bro!
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by dayjee: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
I'm in for this wink wink wink
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by dayjee: 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Now the question is how do we start?
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Feemmy(m): 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
dayjee:
Now the question is how do we start?
we have started already atleast there is an fb forum opened
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by dayjee: 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
Feemmy:

we have started already atleast there is an fb forum opened

Pls i need the link to the FB page...
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by chamboy(m): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
Abeg Make una Put me ooooo and there should b a WhatsApp Group, Facebook group or Bbm group and possibly an App.
I Think An App would do.

Please The Idea Builders, founders and Members of this new Youth Political Party To Contact me
Doliphils@gmail.com
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by arimahoseloka(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
himkers:

Arimahoseloka, you are needed in this thread.

Hactpastor, well said sir
OK am in. do we continue with YDM YOUTH DEMOCRATIC MOVEMENT? I already have a Facebook page for it
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by arimahoseloka(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
dayjee:

Pls i need the link to the FB page...
www.facebook.com/youthdemocraticmovement
Re: Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
arimahoseloka:
OK am in. do we continue with YDM YOUTH DEMOCRATIC MOVEMENT? I already have a Facebook page for it

Since there's a foundation for this already, we should continue with the movement. Atleast we have 700+ likes on facebook. That's my thought guys...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari / The End Is Near For Emeka Offor And Other Ex-billonaires. / *when APC Tells You Saraki Must Resign As Senate President, Show Them This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.