Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Five Years Of Total Transformation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Years Of Total Transformation (610 Views)

APC, Fashola Deny Promising 20,000MW Within Five Years / FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years / Buhari And Kachiukwu Meet CEO Of Total In Paris (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Years Of Total Transformation by BobNeli(m): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
I was born in 1984. In one of the remote villages of the south-eastern region, called Omuma in Oru-east l.g.a. Imo state. Growing up, I experienced the severest kind of hardships that one wouldn't even want to wish his enemy. For we had to trake about four killometers to fesh our drinking water. Which was yet a filty stream water, located in Mgbidi, now Oru-west l.g.a. I managed my primary and secondary education under the die-hard determination of my parents who could not pay my school fees. School fees then were paid either 2-1 day to the commencement of exams, when it becomes obvious that I will not be writting my papers. Then my parents will either sale a property or borrow money to keep me going. Well, I missed my first WAEC in 2001 due to same finance and had to withdraw. Learned basket-making. And from the proceedings, was able to register for it the following year, 2002. My result came out good. But how do I dream of furthering? So I found my self hustling in the streets of Aba. From selling bread to ridding Okada. I saved up enough money to enrole for an ND program into Electrical Electronics Engineering in 2004 at Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. After graduation in 2006, I went back to hustling because those with degree acquisitions had not gotten a job talkless of an ND holder. This is a bonafide citizen of the great nation with almost the best specie of crude oil deposit in the world. How has the government at this era helped to alleviate my plight or encourage my efforts? But I'm aware, the political class lived in affluence from the oil wind fall. I was never asking the govt. to pay my school fees. I was never asking for a scholarship scheem. But what I'm asking is, how has the govt. policies and capital investments hellped reduce poverty among the common class? Tafawa Balewa had been there. Aguiyi Ironsi, Gowon, Muritala Muhamed, Obasanjo, Shehu Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdusalami Abubarka and Obasanjo again. However, I began experiencing a turn around of of events from 2008 and till date, I've become an employer of labour with a work force of morethan 35 personels. Under the administration of President Umaru Musa Yaradua, there was an economy shift, though not very remarkable as a result of its short life. And today, after five years of president Goodluck's administrative idealogies. We have more in the middle class than bellow the poverty line. But that notwithstanding, international monitoring agencies has beamed search-lights on Nigerian economy in the past five years and found out positive pointers under same administration. Meanwhile, I'm not here to publish my profile, but imbued by the transformative achievements of our out-going president. President Goodluck Jonathan, who has not only left a blue-print for African leadership to follow. But also, has repositioned the Nigerian political scene from a do or die affair to a transparent, free and fair engagement. He has emancipated Nigeria in particular and Africa in general from the mental slavery of military dictatorship into true democratic principles. He has laid down a legacy that over 160million population of this country will be standing on to check-mate any incomming government. Buhari has more task now in leading a mentaly repositioned nigerians. Transparency and the legacy of free and fair elections must be maintained. This is total transformation.

1 Like

Re: Five Years Of Total Transformation by tmotmo: 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
Am also Lagosian, I love my state more than any foreigner
could. I want the progress of Lagos. I am not Voting to
Prove a Point like most foreigners are saying now, I am
voting for what is right. Lagos is working, am proud of
my state, I won't let those from states like Abia, Ebonyi
destroy the good works in lagos because of Envy and
Tribalism. We all know what theodre Orji of the PDP
turn Abia into. Never will such happen in Lagos. I will
vote APC, to align Lagos with the Centre and to reap d
benefit of working with the FG.
Eko onibaje

#Ambo+Atide=Ambode
#Vote_APC
#Vote_4_Progress

2 Likes

Re: Five Years Of Total Transformation by ChikezieU(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
tmotmo:
Eko onibaje

#Ambo+Atide=Ambode
#Vote_APC
#Vote_4_Progress
no one cares who you vote for what everybody want is good administration that favours the grass root irrespective of ur pesky tribe, and to admire and praise some ones good work and not some antagonising statements hiding inside ethnic bigotry.
Re: Five Years Of Total Transformation by BobNeli(m): 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
ChikezieU:
no one cares who you vote for what everybody want is good administration that favours the grass root irrespective of ur pesky tribe, and to admire and praise some ones good work and not some antagonising statements hiding inside ethnic bigotry.
That is the mind in the making.
Re: Five Years Of Total Transformation by BobNeli(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
tmotmo:
Eko onibaje

#Ambo+Atide=Ambode
#Vote_APC
#Vote_4_Progress
I have refused to imbibe tribalism and will continually denounce it. It has never built any nation. If nations like America who has tasted it all could today eschew racism to embrace oneness. In that, a man with African origin is rulling them now for 8yrs. It is high time people like you realised that greater heights attainment for this country lies on our collective ideologies, not tribalistic bigotry. There are Yorubas living in Ibo and hausa lands. And vise versa without entry visas. Thats because we are one Nigeria. Immancipate yourself from tribal slavery.

(1) (Reply)

We Can’t Cancel Rivers, Akwa Ibom Results – INEC / EPIC: One Word For This Baby / Outstanding Cctv/solar And Inverter Training In Port Harcourt.... Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.