Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Why I Hate Going To Lagos... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why I Hate Going To Lagos... (711 Views)

Businessmen Going To Market Involved In Accident In Yobe, 1 Dead, 18 Injured / Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Hate Going To Lagos... by tolu4you: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why I Hate Going To Lagos
So insulting and provocative, calling me "Awon Ara Ilu Oke."
indirectly, they are calling us ara oko (bush person)
Disgusting!

Those of us from ekiti, ondo and mayb some part in osun over to you. what do you think?
Re: Why I Hate Going To Lagos... by DaGC(m): 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
I just don't like how overhyped it is. Many people there are always quick to degrade other parts of Nigeria. And this is a place I visit between 4-6times yearly. Sometimes I spend a month. I'm a rabid traveller. Visited/stayed in over 26 states of the federation, and I'm usually comfortable in all these places, so I dont see what the overhyping is all about. To the point that people from Oyo and Ogun states working/schooling in other states claim to be for Lagos. It is when you visit or attend a ceremony you are invited for, that you see their actual places of residence. The overhyping is why a lot of people wanna be Lagosians.

I've seen things in Lagos found nowhere else in Nigeria, I've also seen things not found in Lagos but found in other places in Nigeria.

Well, Nigeria as a whole is improving on a rapid pace. Even the remote areas of the north are being widely developed now.

Bottomline, I hate the overhyping and the large population.
Re: Why I Hate Going To Lagos... by 19naia(m): 4:24am On Apr 10, 2015
Lagos is choking on its own fat... Even the federal government run commot there by 1990 or earlier... What good are all the things they have, if people have to climb over each other and their waste trying to get anywhere, like cockroaches..
Even if i spend more money to be isolated in Badagry, Lekki or near the Island, i will still be walled in and trapped by all the massive heaping of people and their waste sprawled north of the lagoon .. "Oke Igbo" is the fresh air and foods and peace and quiet... All the Lagos pollution never made me feel well.. The time i stayed in lagos for extended period, i would feel slight ills during the evening rush hour traffic as the motor fumes filled the air... Now it must be worse with added population and added generator fumes...
Health is the true wealth, why go for the expensive life of lagos only to have it degrade my wellbeing? Only if i had no other option... Even then, i may still take my chances as a farmer and hunter in "Oke Igbo".... Ita inu Igbo grin thats for me... National geographic sef dey gree with dat...
But alas, i took option #1 of 3 for me... Live in the wide fresh air places of Akata... Even in USA here, i seek out and live in the Oke Igbo.. Better living for peace of mnd and heart... Beware of too much development and the downward effect it can have on human wellbeing and life span..
I am even seriously considering to only fly into Naija via Abuja or Port Harcourt, to avoid Lagos... But then i have love for too many people there in Lagos, and so i would make the sacrifice for a short while, just for my good fellas...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advise.. / PHOTOS: Nigerian Student And Two Other African Students Die In A Fatal Crash / What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.