Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,051 members, 7,818,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History (1137 Views)

I Regret Supporting Sheriff… It’s One Of My Worst Political Decisions - Wike / Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan / Lagos: Voting To Be Concluded In 5 LGAs On Sunday- REC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History by edogirl2: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
'Own goal', that infamous act when a footballer inexplicably scores a goal against his own team and in the process damaging his and his team interest.

A PDP victory in Lagos, will in my view, be one of the worst political own goals in the history of Nigeria.

For 16 years, the PDP Federal govt punished Lagos for being an opposition stronghold. The same will likely happen if APC holds the centre and PDP wins in Lagos.

Consider this:

1. PDP Federal govt neglected Apapa - Oshodi expressway for almost 2 decades despite making trillions of Naira from the ports

2. PDP Fed govt abandoned most federal roads in Lagos, and in many cases prevented and obstructed Lagos State from fixing them thereby subjecting you and I to near-intolerable motoring experiences for nearly 2 decades

3. PDP Fed govt put all types of obstacles in the way of the Lagos Sea port. First it took years to get them to reluctantly approve the project. After that, the Fed has put all sorts of obstruction in the way of the project. This project has the potential to transform Lagos's economic fortune

4. Despite repeated requests from Lagos State to manage the National Theatre and Tafawa Balewa Square and modernise them to international standards, the PDP Fed govt refused, preferring to let both structures lie decaying instead. PDP Fed would rather allow the destruction of an asset than let Lagos State govt manage it - see the National Stadium in Surulere which is now derelict. To slam home PDP's vindictiveness, the Fed govt announced few months ago that the National Theatre Iganmu, probably Nigeria's most iconic architectural building was to be sold to an unknown Dubai company for conversion into a supermarket and amusement arcade!

5. PDP Fed govt told the world that Lagos - State inspired, but privately-funded Eko Atlantic was a white elephant project. However, once the project started taking shape and real signs of success were emerging, the same Fed govt, out of jealousy, then proposed a stupendously expensive, unnecessary, and competing Abuja centenary city, into which it plans to sink hundreds of billions of naira. Rather than put money in mass low cost housing for long suffering masses, the Federal govt in its macho, anti - Lagos stance would rather splurge on building commercial offices for businesses when private developers are perfectly able to provide this need.

There are many more examples of how the Federal govt has abandoned, obstructed, victimised Lagos over the past 16 years for refusing to vote PDP.

The reality is that the challenges facing Lagos are such that the State govt alone will not be able to drive development at the pace that is required without Federal assistance.

As Saturday presents Lagos with its first opportunity in almost 20yrs to be on the same political page as the centre, it would be a monumental own goal not to grab this opportunity and see what 4 yrs of a new 'partnership for Lagos' brings .

With Federal govt on its side, Lagos can rule Africa and become a force in the world league of cities. As Lagos improves, so will the lives of you and I. With PDP in Lagos, we face another 4 years of irascible relationship with the Federal govt. Why would I want that?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History by missangela: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
edogirl2:
'Own goal', that infamous act when a footballer inexplicably scores a goal against his own team and in the process damaging his and his team interest.

A PDP victory in Lagos, will in my view, be one of the worst political own goals in the history of Nigeria.

For 16 years, the PDP Federal govt punished Lagos for being an opposition stronghold. The same will likely happen if APC holds the centre and PDP wins in Lagos.

Consider this:

1. PDP Federal govt neglected Apapa - Oshodi expressway for almost 2 decades despite making trillions of Naira from the ports

2. PDP Fed govt abandoned most federal roads in Lagos, and in many cases prevented and obstructed Lagos State from fixing them thereby subjecting you and I to near-intolerable motoring experiences for nearly 2 decades

3. PDP Fed govt put all types of obstacles in the way of the Lagos Sea port. First it took years to get them to reluctantly approve the project. After that, the Fed has put all sorts of obstruction in the way of the project. This project has the potential to transform Lagos's economic fortune

4. Despite repeated requests from Lagos State to manage the National Theatre and Tafawa Balewa Square and modernise them to international standards, the PDP Fed govt refused, preferring to let both structures lie decaying instead. PDP Fed would rather allow the destruction of an asset than let Lagos State govt manage it - see the National Stadium in Surulere which is now derelict. To slam home PDP's vindictiveness, the Fed govt announced few months ago that the National Theatre Iganmu, probably Nigeria's most iconic architectural building was to be sold to an unknown Dubai company for conversion into a supermarket and amusement arcade!

5. PDP Fed govt told the world that Lagos - State inspired, but privately-funded Eko Atlantic was a white elephant project. However, once the project started taking shape and real signs of success were emerging, the same Fed govt, out of jealousy, then proposed a stupendously expensive, unnecessary, and competing Abuja centenary city, into which it plans to sink hundreds of billions of naira. Rather than put money in mass low cost housing for long suffering masses, the Federal govt in its macho, anti - Lagos stance would rather splurge on building commercial offices for businesses when private developers are perfectly able to provide this need.

There are many more examples of how the Federal govt has abandoned, obstructed, victimised Lagos over the past 16 years for refusing to vote PDP.

The reality is that the challenges facing Lagos are such that the State govt alone will not be able to drive development at the pace that is required without Federal assistance.

As Saturday presents Lagos with its first opportunity in almost 20yrs to be on the same political page as the centre, it would be a monumental own goal not to grab this opportunity and see what 4 yrs of a new 'partnership for Lagos' brings .

With Federal govt on its side, Lagos can rule Africa and become a force in the world league of cities. As Lagos improves, so will the lives of you and I. With PDP in Lagos, we face another 4 years of irascible relationship with the Federal govt. Why would I want that?

Rubbish.
Jimi Agbaje is the man!.
Enough of impunity in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History by lolababe331e: 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
We Will never make that mistake, just kidding will not be allowed to ruin Lagos like his under- developed pharmacy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History by edogirl2: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
missangela:

Rubbish.
Jimi Agbaje is the man!.
Enough of impunity in Lagos

Interesting, giving that no party in the history of Nigeria symbolises impunity like PDP.

When I think PDP, I think Ekiti under Fayose, Ogun under Gbenga Daniel, Plateau under Dariye, Oyo under Akala...and many more.

Equivalent thuggish elements in APC dont readily come to mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History by tmann626(m): 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
i'm not a fan of ambode or jimi agbaje but one thing i would love every lagosian to do is to vote for the candidate that you can trust. i'm not a fan of PdP government. if PDP should win on saturday then every lagosian should be ready for 4 years of civil unrest because past PdP government in south west was associated with thuggery and armed robbery. Ekiti state is still suffering from that till date. dont get me wrong, fayose is a very nice man but he's got hooliganism in his blood. To all my igbo brothers. your businesses are thriving in lagos because there's has been peace in lagos and babatunde fashola tried in terms of security in lagos. you can vote for PDP but there is one thing i can assure you. lagos will not be peaceful again because all those thugs that BRF had sent away from lagos will come back and your businesses will not be safe again. vote wisely!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History by Controlled(f): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
don't worry...Ambode will Winn...... grin
but d truth is dat becos of Yiboe jealousy of yoruba....
Dey will vote Agbaje even though it is bad 4 dem..
Simple truth... grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Voting Pdp Will Be The Worst Political Own Goal In Lagos History by Johnnyessence(m): 12:20am On Apr 10, 2015
Ambode will win with huge landslide victory Cos' d will of God can't be truncated .d will of God on d masses will prevail just wait and see hmmm.PDP has finish politically in Lagos hmmmm.u will see d results how it goes in lag hmmm

(1) (Reply)

PDP Commends Police Interception Of Rivers Government House Loot By Gov Amaechi / Do You Still Remember This Man? / Inaugural Speech By The Benue State Governor: Dr Samuel Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.