Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

New Audi Q7 2015 Review. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Audi Q7 2015 Review. (2459 Views)

Pictures: New Audi Cars Presented To All Bayern Munich Players & Coach Ancelotti / Range Rover 2014: Your Autobiography LWB 2015 – Review / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by Frankestein08(m): 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
In a world of car manufacturers, Audi included, that’s scrambling to build the next sub-division of the SUV market it’s refreshing to come across a car that does precisely what an SUV should. The Audi Q7 is big and useful, but refined and fun to drive at the same time. It’s not the last word in off-road ability, nor quite as dynamic as a BMW X5 - and the fussy styling won’t be to everyone’s taste, but it's a technical tour de force.

The new Audi Q7 made its official debut at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, where it managed to catch the public's eyes and our attention. Audi wants to prove the world that the second generation Q7 can roll its sleeves and do some proper work in off-road conditions, not just on comfy asphalt. That's how the SUV ended up in Namibian desert.

This isn’t simply a re-skinned and re-trimmed version of the original model that launched nine years ago – it’s a rethink from the ground up. It’s the first VW Group product to use a new modular MLB-evo architecture designed for larger models with longitudinally-mounted engines. Eventually it will underpin the new Bentley Bentayga, replacements for the Porsche Cayenne and VW Touareg and every new front-engined Audi from the A4 upwards.

The benefits of the MLB platform are stark: the new Q7 weighs up to 325kg less than its predecessor thanks largely to a new steel and aluminium body (-71kg), redesigned multi-link front and rear suspension (-67kg) and all-aluminium doors (-24kg). Around 41 per cent of the Q7’s body structure is aluminium – not as much as the all-aluminium Range Rover (which shed 500kg compared to its predecessor). According to a recent report, power for this road leviathan will come from a V8 TDI diesel engine. Nobody has invested heavily in such a mill for many years, and some manufacturers have even stopped making it. But Audi plans to reinvent the vee-eight diesel using the electric turbocharger technology they pioneered on the RS5 TDI Concept in 2014.

Instead of using exhaust gasses to spin the turbo and feed more air into the engine, the e-turbo uses electricity. This means faster response times and, according to Audi, substantial improvements in efficiency. Calling it a turbocharger isn't 100% correct because it's actually a compressor, but marketing I guess that's confusing marketing with engineering.

Audi UK has announced that when order books open in April, the all-new Q7 will cost from £50,340 OTR to £53,835 OTR. The base price gets you 7seats, the 272 hp diesel engine, an 8-speed automatic, MMI Navigation Plus with MMI Touch, Audi connect (3 month trial), Audi drive select, keyless go, parking system plus and powered tailgate. A built-in 4G Wifi connection is also available, but subject to a monthly subscription.

Key specs.

Price: £50,340 (SE), £53,835 (S line).
Engine: 3.0-litre six-cyl turbodiesel.
Transmission: Eight-speed auto, four-wheel drive.
Power/torque: 268bhp/600Nm.
0-62mph: 6.5 seconds.
Top speed: 145mph
Economy/CO2: 47.9mpg/153g/km
On sale: Pre-order now

BROUGHT TO YOU BY: http://motoringnigeria..in/

Also check out:
New Hydrogen fuel research breakthrough that could end dependence on petrol.
http://motoringnigeria..com/2015/04/new-hydrogen-fuel-research-breakthrough.html?m=1

What do we know about the soon to be released 2015 BMW 2 Series Coupe
http://motoringnigeria..com/2015/04/2015-bmw-2-series-coupe-review.html?m=1

You heard it first from Motoring Nigera.

Re: New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by DaimlerBen(m): 11:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
With all this covering on the bonnet, how would someone know if his fan belt has cut?

2 Likes

Re: New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by sultaan(m): 6:45am On Apr 11, 2015
DaimlerBen:
With all this covering on the bonnet, how would someone know if his fan belt has cut?

If you are rich enough to drive this Audi you won't even risk chipping your well manicured nails trying to open the bonnet. That is for the dealer to worry about, your car just tells you when to take it to the dealer
Re: New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by Raymie(m): 9:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
DaimlerBen:
Kai! Yhu just made my night. If yhur whatever belt cuts in a car like this, make no mistakes, its definitely from yhur village weeches. They are using yhur photograph as handfan.

1 Like

Re: New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by lonelydora: 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
Do one need to open this bonnet every morning before driving out?
Re: New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by alexov(m): 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
DaimlerBen:
Lol... Ask them o my brother
Re: New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by redcliff: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Chei! Kill me nowwwwww!!! See the closed engine system!
Re: New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by lungwun(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
So, [size=14pt]Where is the review ?[/size]
Re: New Audi Q7 2015 Review. by chucky234(m): 7:10am On Apr 17, 2015
lungwun:
So, [size=14pt]Where is the review ?[/size]
Covered in the closed bonnet I guess, lol

(1) (Reply)

Mazda Or Toyota / Hw My Mechanic Said I Shld B Checking My ATF Level / What Will You Do If You Were In This Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.