Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Electrical Experts, I Need Your Help!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Electrical Experts, I Need Your Help!!! (586 Views)

I Scored 228 In Jamb- I Need Your Help Nairalanders / Project Experts, I Need Your Help / Computer Engineering VS Electrical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electrical Experts, I Need Your Help!!! by ewizard1: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hello,
Please if you have much knowledge on Electrical engineering. Please I need help concerning METAL HALIDE BULB.

Thanks
Re: Electrical Experts, I Need Your Help!!! by bodejohn(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
What help do you need exactly?
Re: Electrical Experts, I Need Your Help!!! by ewizard1: 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
bodejohn:
What help do you need exactly?

Thanks Bode...

I need to build an "Exposure Unit" A machine which produces Ultraviolet Light Rays going through the screen and the design used by screen printers.

The Metal Halide is the best lighting that produces UV light. As you know this Bulb is expensive. I am planning to buy one and put in a Halogen Case I have. But on most sites/blog, I read about the Bulb need something called Ballast and need fan to cool while it's on because it get very hot and could self-destruct.

So please I need help on how to put these thing together correctly.
Re: Electrical Experts, I Need Your Help!!! by bodejohn(m): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
OK, I know about the ballast and bulb but I not seen both in combination with a fan except this is just a special need for your application.

There should be a simple wiring diagram on the ballast itself, if it isn't there, you should be able to pull the connection wiring from the Internet.

I will advise you connect the fan separately because the bulbs usually takes a lot of power about 500 watts is the minimum I have seen.

Do let me know if you need further information.
Re: Electrical Experts, I Need Your Help!!! by ewizard1: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
bodejohn:
OK, I know about the ballast and bulb but I not seen both in combination with a fan except this is just a special need for your application.

There should be a simple wiring diagram on the ballast itself, if it isn't there, you should be able to pull the connection wiring from the Internet.

I will advise you connect the fan separately because the bulbs usually takes a lot of power about 500 watts is the minimum I have seen.

Do let me know if you need further information.

Thanks... Actually, the fan thing sound surprising. I read further about the Metal Halide. Its what is been used in Lighting all these Shopping Mall Car Space, FootBall Pitch etc. But i dont think theres a Fan attached to those light poles, so i'm wondering why its applicable in the Exposure Unit Project. I'm wondering, cant i just buy one and light it up just like its used in those Light Poles?

I would browse about the Ballast and see how the wiring would go.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Study In Turkey And Get A British Degree / FG Why Not Package HND As Associate Degree? / Top 100 O.a.u Slangs And Meanings You Might Want To Know. [obafemi Awolowo Univ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.