Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. (1709 Views)

Nigerian Begs Richard Quest For $500 (Photo) / "Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says / The Elusive Director Of Radio Biafra Surface Live In Aba Now-(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by PenSniper: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
The current unholy alliance between Jimi Agbaje and the Igbos in Lagos is remeniscent of the famous Yoruba parable of "A O M'ERIN J'OBA". It was a story of the Elephant and the Tortoise. The name of the village is Fantasy. The villagers declared the Baale stool vacant for any interested person. Both the elephant and the tortoise were interested. But the race must start from a point far from the village centre. The tortoise realised he stood no chance against the elephant in a long distant race. He went to the elephant and convinced him that he had no rival and promised to lead the elephant in a triumphant parade to the village square. The elephant, usually all brawn but no brain, fell for it. Having secured the elephant's trust and confidence, the tortoise went and dug a big hole along the route and covered it with a red carpet. On the D day, the tortoise went to the elephant with a band blaring music. He bedecked the elephant with costume beffiting a potential king. The stupid elephant felt elated and commenced his fateful dance of death. He was informed that two red carpets had been laid out for him- one at the throne in the square and another along the route where only he must dance to display his dancing prowess to the people to further convince them of his unique qualification for the stool. Immediately he sighted the booby-trapped red carpet, he started to gyrate to the delight of everybody until he crashed into the gaping hole, a double loser. JK, the politician, is the tortoise and the gullible Igbos the elephant. Either way, the elephant is bound to lose but even if JK wins, he will be just one person out of his entire cabinet, the entire state and the whole SW. The Yoruba would rather sacrifice JK than condone abomibation on their soil. Either way, it's the goons, the suckers, as the Americans would say, that will lose. This is the beginning of the end. A O M'ERIN J'OBA. . .ereku ewele.

6 Likes

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by Inkman(m): 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
nice folk tale
whats the moral behind it
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by PointB: 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
Abeg op,

How much is a plot of land in Lagos Lagoon? Don't worry about sand filing, I intend to build a submerged castle; a full fledged (sub)marine house! tongue tongue
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by Mcowubaba: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Inkman:
Lalasticlala theres a hacker on front page
https://www.nairaland.com/2246365/apc-lied-still-pdp-gulak
Yeah I noticed..asking for Username nd Password'''
R u sure is a hacker or it may be Oga Seun that is trying out something
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by Akanbee2015: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
PenSniper:
The current unholy alliance between Jimi Agbaje and the Igbos in Lagos is remeniscent of the famous Yoruba parable of "A O M'ERIN J'OBA". It was a story of the Elephant and the Tortoise. The name of the village is Fantasy. The villagers declared the Baale stool vacant for any interested person. Both the elephant and the tortoise were interested. But the race must start from a point far from the village centre. The tortoise realised he stood no chance against the elephant in a long distant race. He went to the elephant and convinced him that he had no rival and promised to lead the elephant in a triumphant parade to the village square. The elephant, usually all brawn but no brain, fell for it. Having secured the elephant's trust and confidence, the tortoise went and dug a big hole along the route and covered it with a red carpet. On the D day, the tortoise went to the elephant with a band blaring music. He bedecked the elephant with costume beffiting a potential king. The stupid elephant felt elated and commenced his fateful dance of death. He was informed that two red carpets had been laid out for him- one at the throne in the square and another along the route where only he must dance to display his dancing prowess to the people to further convince them of his unique qualification for the stool. Immediately he sighted booby-trapped red carpet, he started to gyrate to the delight of everybody until he crashed into the gaping hole, a double loser. JK, the politician, is the tortoise and the gullible Igbos the elephant. Either way, the elephant is bound to lose but even if JK wins, he will be just one person out of his entire cabinet, the entire state and the whole SW. The Yoruba would rather sacrifice JK than condone abomibation on their soil. Either way, it's the goons, the suckers, as the Americans would say, that will lose. This is the beginning of the end. A O M'ERIN J'OBA. . .ereku ewele.

Bros, this ur story is so massive and so on point too. I've heard it before but couldn't just liken it with that of Mr Just Kidding. Nice one bro..... Whoever wins, non of them is their son from yonder, so they should shut their dirty mouth up. As for Agbaje, abowaba l'oro ti e (his own case is a later thing). By God's Grace. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by DesChyko: 9:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
I am igbo and if I can, will support JK/PDP come Saturday.
How the outcome of my decision bothers your soul so much is one question for the godsundecided
If you so desire victory for Ambode by all costs, why not simply rig the elections or brainwash everyone instead of this tales by moonlight.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by Inkman(m): 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Yeah I noticed..asking for Username nd Password'''
R u sure is a hacker or it may be Oga Seun that is trying out something

im not sure its seun
some dudes have been doing poo on nl lately
and some ignorant ones might just drop their details
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by gists: 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
Classic Yoruba folk tale analogy and sooo very much on point.
Thank you for reminding me of the good old days. A o me'rin j'oba, ereku ewele cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by fosidewok: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
We are waiting for them on saturday.

They should come and lay down their lifes for Lagos since they own it.
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by fosidewok: 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
DesChyko:
I am igbo and if I can, will support JK/PDP come Saturday.
How the outcome of my decision bothers your soul so much is one question for the godsundecided
If you so desire victory for Ambode by all costs, why not simply rig the elections or brainwash everyone instead of this tales by moonlight.

Come and die for that Jimi your brother on saturday.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by Mcowubaba: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Inkman:

im not sure its seun
some dudes have been doing poo on nl lately
and some ignorant ones might just drop their details
i have seen a complaint b4 about this issue nd Seun replied, but i can't remember the reply sha...anyway i think the R working on it, let us not further derail this threadgrin cheesy, people wey dis section sabi report sad
peace bro....
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by PenSniper: 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Akanbee2015:

Bros, this ur story is so massive and so on point too. I've heard it before but couldn't just liken it with that of Mr Just Kidding. Nice one bro..... Whoever wins, non of them is their son from yonder, so they should shut their dirty mouth up. As for Agbaje, abowaba l'oro ti e (his own case is a later thing). By God's Grace. Amen!

Awo lo r'awo omo iya mi.
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by aresa: 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
lmao. This made my day. . Seriously, look at their BS since the beginning of Nigeria. When was the last time they benefited from their treacherous and evil ways. .?

They are losers. ..

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by anonimi: 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
aresa:
lmao. This made my day. . Seriously, look at their BS since the beginning of Nigeria. When was the last time they benefited from their treacherous and evil ways. .?

They are losers. ..

Just like Aare Afonja and the yorubas in Ilorin were losers to fulani Alimi.

Just like the yorubas in Kwara state are losers to the fulani Saraki who arrived from mali only 200 years ago and is leading them all by the nose today shocked

Hopefully Aare Ago Egba will not make all yorubas in Nigeria losers with his alliance that denied us the #4 position of Speaker in 2011 and now allowed one of them to be president.

We wait to see!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by PenSniper: 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
PointB:
Abeg op,

How much is a plot of land in Lagos Lagoon? Don't worry about sand filing, I intend to build a submerged castle; a full fledged (sub)marine house! tongue tongue

Go ask the Mammy-water, she will gladly oblige you.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by PenSniper: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
Inkman:
nice folk tale
whats the moral behind it

The moral ? Only the foolish would raise hell and rush headlong into the Red sea like Pharaoh where the wise would tread softly.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by DesChyko: 9:54am On Apr 10, 2015
fosidewok:

Come and die for that Jimi your brother on saturday.

Translation needed please..
Who understands 'off point' language??
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by Akanbee2015: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
PenSniper:

Awo lo r'awo omo iya mi.

Beeni o. E ma se je k'a fun awon ara ibi l'oro so o. Talk to someone to talk to someone, to make sure we move out en-masse to kick those PDP out of Lagos, and especially by not allowing our tenants to tell us where to put our legs.
Re: The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. by PenSniper: 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
Akanbee2015:

Beeni o. E ma se je k'a fun awon ara ibi l'oro so o. Talk to someone to talk to someone, to make sure we move out en-masse to kick those PDP out of Lagos, and especially by not allowing our tenants to tell us where to put our legs.

Ok.

(1) (Reply)

DPR Offshore Safety Permit (OSP): What Benefit / Jonathan’s Agric Revolution A Big Scam – Gov Oshiomhole / 'fugitive Radical Cleric Al-assir Got His Visa Through Application' -Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.