Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria (5227 Views)

How To Become A Popular Musician In One Month As First Start / Top Secrets You Need To Know If You Want To Be A Successful Musician / Up Coming Musician In Need Of Sponsorship (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by epelumi42(m): 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Except you've been locked in your room over the last decade, or you just landed from an unknown planet, you will know that the best way to make it in life is going into the music industry. Despite that, the evil spirit that programmed hiphop into the lives of ambitious youths has refused to reveal the secrets. Unless you join the black order of you-know-it, your way to stardom is laced with snakes of failure, and you are bound to crash or (properly) perish along the road. I have therefore decided, from my wealth of experience as an accomplished solo singer, successful children choir cord, and a serious music hummer, to give one-a-lifetime manual that will guide and shoot you into the music moneymakers club.

SUNGLASSES
You may wanna throw this away but wait, close your eyes and think of a successful musician that doesn't use sunglasses. None, right? You first step to becoming a superstar lies in how you properly utilize the power of sunglasses. Cultivate the habit; anywhere, every time, in your house, social events, night parties, naming ceremonies, in bed especially. The eyes of a superstar should not be easily seen. You wouldn't want your fan ranking to go down simply because you didn't use your sunglasses.

MUSIC NAME
Your name holds a powerful key to your door of stardom. Think of a successful musician without a nice, touché sounding name. WizKid, Davido, P Square, and the likes all became stars because they chose short and nice name. Your fans don't want a star whose name will remove their teeth. Imagine what a name like Ifediorakelechukwumba 1 will do to your fans blood pressure. I'll suggest a nice, two or three syllabic name like domkid, topshort, or other good names you can think of.

WORDS
Do you flinch when you hear vulgar words? Do you feel uncomfortable when meaningless words are used around you? If your answer to those questions is no then you are not ready to be a star. A good Nigerian musician is someone who can stand in front of his religious leader and speak in street and dirty words. Nigerians don't mind, and infact, they 'll listen more to your music as long as you can hurl insults and curses with rhythm and beats.

CHOIR
Check the profile of many music celebs and you will find a one-time church chorister lurking under. Your church choir group may just be the grounding you need to be a star. Forget project fame, idol or xfactor, those people will only pour cold ice into your hot shining star. Simply get the choir master to give you his blessings and you are good to go.

LADIES
Especially when shooting your videos, your popularity lies in your handling of ladies as it may lead to your upliftment or downfall. No one wants a musician running and dancing with flat-chested men. They want to see bonnets and butts flying all over you. Get more female friends or buy them.

DANCE
Whether you are into hiphop or classical music, Nigerians like innovative musicians. And that's why you need be a good dancer or invent a dance if you can't dance. I'll suggest you give it a nice name like 'apinga' which has absolutely no meaning to me, and say it is a blend of other dances: Throw your arms wide, your legs up, heads down, stoop your waist and gbam, a new dance. Just be creative.

CARS
The power cars such as range rover, g-wagons and Bentley hold in a celebrity's life cannot be undermined. Even if your hustles hasn't been crowned, simply go to a car showroom with a good photographer and click on. Take selfies with cars and share it on Facebook, instagram, flicker, twitter and sit back to watch miracles. Producers and record labels will fall over each other to get your signature. Now don't Bleep up. When eventually you get show deals, get a car hired, else, Na OYO you dey o.

CELEBS AND COLLABOS (CAC)
To become a superstar, you need to be able to use other celebs' head as a stepping ladder to your stardom. If you go to their shows, beg them, or even prostrate so you can get a selfie with them. Tell them you are a big fan and that you may die if they don't give you an autograph. Get bank loans and use your father's house as collateral just for a collabo fee. Don't worry, you can always get your revenge when you become a star.

To succeed, you need to think and start behaving as a successful musician. Follow those instructions and stardom will come as a piece of cake.

#Altarboy

www.penplayer.com
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by waleyp(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nice findings. ... r u into music?

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by epelumi42(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
waleyp:
Nice findings. ... r u into music?

Not exactly. Instrumentals, majorly.
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
Not bad.
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by waleyp(m): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
Wow nice.. I just like to talk about music. .. can we get to chat on whatsapp?
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by epelumi42(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
waleyp:
Wow nice.. I just like to talk about music. .. can we get to chat on whatsapp?
Sure, If you want I'll add you up. 07065756186
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by waleyp(m): 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Alright message me 07065788175 message me on that number. Although ve got a battery low but I will reply u when I get it
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by Awesomeking: 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
For real,this whats up

how to be a succesful artist

get KING.AK to write the song for you

get sheyman to produce it

get adasa cookey to direct the video

this format has made so many hit songs

i dont have much connections but this is KING.AK'S no-07037070686

i have helped,when u reach the top dont forget me and the op oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by epelumi42(m): 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
Awesomeking:
For real,this whats up

how to be a succesful artist

get KING.AK to write the song for you

get sheyman to produce it

get adasa cookey to direct the video

this format has made so many hit songs

i dont have much connections but this is KING.AK'S no-07037070686

i have helped,when u reach the top dont forget me and the op oh

Lol. I hope too. Nice one there. I write lyrics too
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by Awesomeking: 9:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
epelumi42:

Lol. I hope too. Nice one there. I write lyrics too
okay,thats nice,but i recommend u patronize him,i heard he is good,but if you trust yourself,no probs,am not his P.A,big ups to you bro
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by epelumi42(m): 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
Smiled reading this again. I've been lazy on satire
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by RyanTasie(m): 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
I'm into music.... I won the best vocals awards during our variety show in my school... I'm fifteen so I dnt think landing a major deal will be easy. I write songs as well tho
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by epelumi42(m): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
RyanTasie:
I'm into music.... I won the best vocals awards during our variety show in my school... I'm fifteen so I dnt think landing a major deal will be easy. I write songs as well tho

what genre?
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by RyanTasie(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
pop.. rnb.. I'm pop cultural. well something my friend told me is that at my age(15) i can't be so sure of what genre that will suit me
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by epelumi42(m): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2015
RyanTasie:
pop.. rnb.. I'm pop cultural. well something my friend told me is that at my age(15) i can't be so sure of what genre that will suit me

tell you what, it is not right. At your age, Ill suggest you try every form to get which works well for you... Don't force any genre on yourself cause its popular. Do it cause you love it. I promise you, its only a matter of time before you hit the spot. Im glad you started early. I did start early too... Hit me up if you need help. Check pen players on Facebook
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by RyanTasie(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2015
Bro... I checked... is it a group?
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by epelumi42(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2015
RyanTasie:
Bro... I checked... is it a group?

and a page. I've seen your request though
Re: How To Be A Successful Musician In Nigeria by Chydobe: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
How to Make it in the Music Industry │Sign up Drooble : Musicians’ Social Network[color=#990000][/color]

Drooble is a platform where you can grow as a musician, jam online, give or take lessons, even make money doing what you love doing best while staying close to even people you don't know with music in their hearts. The music industry has evolved to the extent that priority now lies on profit rather than good music. This is why so many good musicians are yet unheard. It's time to have a music career break through.

Click on link below to sign up for free

http://www.newzified.com/how-to-make-it-in-the-music-industry-%e2%94%82sign-up-drooble-musicians-social-network/

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: Skales Ft. Oritse Femi – jogodo / Video: Timaya – Ukwu [DOWNLOAD HERE ] / Kayswitch - Mama (Mother’s Day Tribute)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.