Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children (45141 Views)

Lady Sold 20 Kidnapped Children In Anambra (Photo) / How We Kidnapped Children From Churches- Suspect Speaks (Pictured) / The Face Of The Nanny Who Kidnapped The Orekoya Kids (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by RatandBot(m): 4:50am On Apr 10, 2015
It all boils down to greed and laziness. I can't imagine someone will wake up one morning and think of who to kidnap. May God help us all.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by raficki87(m): 4:56am On Apr 10, 2015
ifyalways:
I'm a mother, I live in Nigeria and I blame the parents especially the mother of those kids, 190%.

Who hires maid NOW, without getting, meeting and cross checking references? How could they be that desperate and I dare say stooopid?

Even with confirmed references, the standard practice after hiring a new maid is to leave FIRM instructions with your security guys that UNDER no condition should the maid step out with the kids without your consent. Same instruction is passed on to the driver. The maid and driver does school runs TOGETHER at least for 4 months.

I simply pray those kids are returned home safely but darn, some of us parents need to set our priorities right. Family first!
lol for tho case u should know the person was criminally minded, so after ur so called cross referencing and 4months probation the evil person strikes what happens. You're just talking as if people don't plan b4 they carry out evil. If at all any one would be blamed it would be the structure of this country as they don't have a sound nanny hiring companies!!! The so called "nanny" is just evil simple

8 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by birdman(m): 4:57am On Apr 10, 2015
whizjay:
Mehnnn....

Buhh, wait oh!!
how will you leave a nanny,
Who's also a complete stranger
Alone with your kids
On the first day of resumption!!

angry

Hope the kids return safely sha...

what are you talking about. she could have waited 1 year and still done the same thing. Whoever referred the help is in soup
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by 9jatatafo(m): 4:58am On Apr 10, 2015
This is the reason I hate house help being maid or whatever. I told my wife the two of use will have to take care of kids ourselves no house boy or girl. I don't trust strangers nowadays. May those kids return home without hurt in Jesus name.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by sanc2s(f): 5:00am On Apr 10, 2015
Koroaso:
*********IN A COUNTRY THAT WORKS POLICE COMMISSIONER MBU WOULD HAVE SET TO WORK TO FIND THE MISSING KIDS*********

********BUT SINCE THE KIDS DONT BELONG TO PATIENCE JONATHAN,I GUESS HE DONT GIVE A DAMN**********

********IF IT WAS TO START CHASING GOVERNOR AMAECHI LIKE HE WAS IN LOVE,HE WOULD BE STOKED***********

********A COUNTRY WITH MISPLACED PRIORITIES KIDS GO MISSING ONLY TO BE DISCUSSED ON SOCIAL MEDIA...BUT WHEN ONE OBA SAYS PEOPLE SHOULD JUMP IN THE LAGOON THE WHOLE NATION THINKS THATS NEWS**********

GMB/PYO
u will just sleep one day and refuse to wake up because of hatred. Keep carrying other peoples problem on ur head like plantain chips

7 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by goshen26: 5:00am On Apr 10, 2015
na wa o
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by instinct57vm(m): 5:02am On Apr 10, 2015
This is not the time to blame the parents, situations like this can prove wiser than anyone...the Nanny must have faked personality to the core like a nun for them to entrust their kids in her hands on the first day...but if truly they got the Nanny from OLX mehn it's really difficult to understand the reason why
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 10, 2015
I don't believe the story jor.Am not sure it was the girl that demanded the ransom.U know the family contact are on social network.Anybody can just feign a kidnapper to demand ransom.I don't pray the family falls into this because they might loose in 2 ways but my prayer is that the children will come home safely in Jesus name.Though,the information I got yesterday is that the children have been spotted/seen in Sagamu..They wl be seen ijn..
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by kpofkpof: 5:19am On Apr 10, 2015
ifyalways:

Which house now does not have a " gate man"?
How could anyone not " trust" the security? Is that even possible?
If they can afford to employ a nanny they " ought" to have a driver or a known cabbie for school run.

Did u not see where I blamed both parents or just want to get yourself, not me, into a meaningless debate?

Ify, In my house we don't have a gate man. We got tired of them and the landlady decided to lay them off and made keys for everyone. When you drive out, lock the gate.

2 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by gmaribel(m): 5:22am On Apr 10, 2015
OLX SHOULD BE SEVERELY SANCTIONED. THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY SCAMS ON THAT WEBSITE.

2 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by LydayBobo(m): 5:38am On Apr 10, 2015
steppin:
If I was the father of those kids, the moment I get my kids back, their mum would have to see her folks.
For a woman to leave her kids to a complete stranger she got from OLX(yeah! That's right!), says a lot about her level of reasoning.
She values her job more than her family and the husband should give her the chance to marry her job.
please grow up

3 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by georgesylva(m): 5:45am On Apr 10, 2015
olx, piece of shii. angry
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by lonelydora: 5:49am On Apr 10, 2015
whizjay:
Mehnnn....

Buhh, wait oh!!
Alone with your kids

angry

I tire for them shaa. With all the bad news of housemaids going around in he country.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Lamexx(m): 5:49am On Apr 10, 2015
Babymama1:
I wonder why the parents are being blamed
Do you hire a nanny so you can stay home with Her
Assuming the parent stayed home, won't she leave home at some point
The nanny was evil
Pure and simple

The parent are equally dumb or stupid to hire a nanny from OLX What happens to bringing in their relatives, cousin, uncle, aunt even parents to stay with them and take care of the kids. Classic case of stupidity of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by onadana: 5:51am On Apr 10, 2015
coolSee the result of irresponsibility on the part of the parents.I can't leave my child in the care of a relation not to talk of nanny,what is that?See where hard work has landed the parents.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by igbsam(m): 5:58am On Apr 10, 2015
Later on, when the hands of the law catch up with this useless Nanny, she will blame the devil for an act.

My Advice to people, Stay away from OLX. It's the den of thieves and people with evil intentions no matter how genuine they appear to be.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by betty202020(m): 5:59am On Apr 10, 2015
Koroaso:
*********IN A COUNTRY WHERE PRIORITIES WERE RIGHTLY PLACED POLICE COMMISSIONER MBU WOULD HAVE SET TO WORK TO FIND THE MISSING KIDS*********

********BUT SINCE THE KIDS DONT BELONG TO PATIENCE JONATHAN,I GUESS HE DONT GIVE A DAMN**********

********IF IT WAS TO START CHASING GOVERNOR AMAECHI LIKE HE WAS IN LOVE,HE WOULD BE STOKED***********

********A COUNTRY WITH MISPLACED PRIORITIES KIDS GO MISSING ONLY TO BE DISCUSSED ON SOCIAL MEDIA...BUT WHEN ONE OBA SAYS PEOPLE SHOULD JUMP IN THE LAGOON THE WHOLE NATION THINKS THATS NEWS**********

GMB/PYO
To reply u, first of all, MBU is an AIG not commissioner. Again Mbu will only issue instructions to his commissioners working under him of which i know he has done. Thirdly, MBU was a commissioner in Rivers not AIG. How many times have you heard AIGs coming in close contact with governors? Thats shows that AIG is more than a governor of a state as he has more states under his jurisdiction. Now free MBU as he is greater than u think.

2 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by UnimkeAk(m): 5:59am On Apr 10, 2015
whizjay:
Mehnnn....

Buhh, wait oh!!
Alone with your kids

angry

Because after the first day her motive for the kidnapping will just fade away ba?

Back to the Tp
Since, Working class parents can't do without help;
It is always safer to gt recommendations from atleast people there've got themselves acquainted with.
You can't just go to olx and employ one.

By the time the person that gave the recommendations and his/her entire fam is locked up; the kids will appear since.

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 10, 2015
So how is it that fashola cannot secure the lives of lagosians?

Yes ke

We expect GEJ to stop boko haram. Why can't fashola stop the kidnapping of kids in Lagos
Haven't we seen too many of these stories
What did he do with his security vote

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by vindicated: 6:02am On Apr 10, 2015
IS IT NOT ABOUT TIME THIS OLX OF A THING SHOULD BE BANNED OR BLOCKED

NOTHING! GOOD EVER COMES OUT OF IT!

I pray they should be returned safely.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Cchuks27(m): 6:08am On Apr 10, 2015
Lol. F00lish and careless parents. How do people employ a nanny they met online. It's dangerous to do business first with a total stranger in Nigeria, talk more of leaving the kids in care of a stranger
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by bidex(m): 6:09am On Apr 10, 2015
Oh lord have mercy! how could they be so blinded by their career? The parents did not prioritise their needs. This is a very terrible mistake committed by parents these days. work before family. career before family, job before family.
They are not bothered about the safety of their kids at all.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by ugoezeik(m): 6:09am On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=kbshow100 post=32543081]I'm very sure that some of the super mods we have on nairaland are witches and wizards (if not, why will they be awake and pushing topic to the frontpage by 2am). u guys are diisturbing our meeting!!!![/quotehhhhhh so u r stil alive ehh? I bin tink say u go with d last bomb of boko boys]
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 10, 2015
Lamexx:

The parent are equally dumb or stupid to hire a nanny from OLX What happens to bringing in their relatives, cousin, uncle, aunt even parents to stay with them and take care of the kids. Classic case of stupidity of the highest order.

You must be very young
The era of finding relatives has been over a long time
My parents are looking for a second housekeeper that will be paid and this is 4 months and they still haven't found
Many of those people that would have been maids back then make more money selling recharge cards than cooking and cleaning under a madam .
Times have changed
There was a time people begged relatives in the city to live with their kids to send them to school,not anymore
Those girls in the village do runz from a tender age and support their family
Who wan do boi boi

3 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by sacora(f): 6:11am On Apr 10, 2015
uzolexis:
Hmmm
hope all z well?
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by sacora(f): 6:13am On Apr 10, 2015
Surd2121:
OLX maid again ?? When will our people learn ??
afta d. 2nd coming of Jesus
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Boss13: 6:13am On Apr 10, 2015
Inexperienced hungry kidnappers. They will be caught. Folks what we can do for the parents is to talk less about the kidnapping but continue to insult the kidnappers so that we do not ignorantly tip them off. The kidnappers were hired via a social media website, they may be checking other websites for updates.

2 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 10, 2015
The parents should be flogged repeatedly while been layed on a long bench.

Nanny on OLX

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by femi4: 6:18am On Apr 10, 2015
Babymama1:
I wonder why the parents are being blamed
Do you hire a nanny so you can stay home with Her
Assuming the parent stayed home,won't she leave home at some point
The nanny was evil
Pure and simple
You mean on your first day at work, nobody monitor or supervise you?
When you hire a Nanny, you have to study her for few days before you can conclude to leave your house/belongings in her care

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Son Promised Me Many Things - Mother Of Apprentice Allegedly Killed By Police / Burial Of 3 Brothers Who Were Murdered & Dumped In River (Photos) / Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.