Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Meet The Australian Teenage Paparazzo Who Makes An Average $1,500 From Each Pic - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Australian Teenage Paparazzo Who Makes An Average $1,500 From Each Pic (1087 Views)

Toke Makinwa Interviews 10-Year-Old Barber Who Makes N10k Per Day (Photos) / Fela's First Grandchild Weds Her Australian Boo At Afrika Shrine,Lagos(pics / (PHOTO) Who Makes A Better Queen Among This Three Nollywood Popular Stars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Australian Teenage Paparazzo Who Makes An Average $1,500 From Each Pic by kay29000(m): 11:14am On Apr 10, 2015
While his mates are in doing homework, this sydney Autralian teenager, is busy stalking celebrities for pictures. It started out as a fun thing to chase his favorite celebs at airports, till he discovered he could actually make money from taking pictures of them. Now, Jayden Seyfarth, 18 years old, ,makes at least a thousand dollars from each picture of a celebrity he takes.

Read his story below.

'The Cumberland High School student describes himself as part “fangirl”, part pap.
Jayden started chasing celebrities “just because”, until he realised he could start making some cash.
That was about 18 months ago, and since then he’s had at least 60 days off school, seen his social media following skyrocket, met just about every A-lister to grace our shores. He’s also been banking thousands of dollars taking exclusive shots, commanding upwards of $1500 from a single photograph.

He’s staked out hotels, waiting more than four hours in the cold to catch Tyra Banks, learnt the tricks of the trade — “finding a celebrity’s hotel room is a lot easier than you’d think” — and copped abuse from some less-than-friendly stars.

“It all started when Modern Family was shooting in Sydney and just went from there,” he tells news.com.au.
“I always wanted to meet celebrities. So sometimes I would go and there would even be any paps there, so I thought I might make some money.”
The idea worked for the 18-year-old, who was approached by an older friend who was taking photographs as a freelancer and selling to a picture agency.

“They came to me really. I set up an account and when I was in places other photographers weren’t, I could always make money from the pictures.”

“At the moment I just do it for the money to buy new clothes, but yeah, I guess I’ve kind of wanted to be famous too,” he says.

Jayden had his biggest sale — his big break — when he snapped a pic of 5 Seconds of Summer singer Calum smoking a cigarette.
The teenager reckons he made about $1900 from the one shot between four different media outlets including News Corp Australia (publisher of news.com.au). While the money was nice, he says he more appreciated the boost to his profile, and how many new Twitter and Instagram followers he gained.

“Now the fangirls know me too and when they see me they want to get a photo with me — I’m just like, what the f***!” he says.
“They contact me for help on how they can meet them, I help them most of the time if they’re hot and since I’m nice.
“I also got death threats after that photo because it made them look bad or whatever but I just found it funny — it’s more publicity to be honest.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/jayden-seyfarth-is-the-sydney-schoolkid-paparazzo-making-a-killing-and-getting-famous-while-hes-at-it/story-fnkgbb6w-1227298818410

Re: Meet The Australian Teenage Paparazzo Who Makes An Average $1,500 From Each Pic by damiperry(f): 11:21am On Apr 10, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Meet The Australian Teenage Paparazzo Who Makes An Average $1,500 From Each Pic by axortedbabe(f): 11:23am On Apr 10, 2015
make ur dou jare
Re: Meet The Australian Teenage Paparazzo Who Makes An Average $1,500 From Each Pic by iPrevail(m): 11:43am On Apr 10, 2015
This can't happen in Nigeria! grin

..welcome to Nigeria, where nobody gives a fvck! undecided
Re: Meet The Australian Teenage Paparazzo Who Makes An Average $1,500 From Each Pic by kay29000(m): 11:50am On Apr 10, 2015
Why do you think it can't happen in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Big Brother Africa Contestant Melvin Oduah Involved In Auto Crash / Munachi Posts Another Beautiful Selfie. / Beyonce's Decision To Pour A Bottle Of '$20,000 Champagne' Into A Jacuzzi Has...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.