Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes (44916 Views)

Jide Macaulay: "I Regret Not Knowing I Was Gay Before I Got Married" / See How Nigeria First Gay Pastor Rev Jide Macaulay Is Preparing 4 Valentine(pics / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by lordsharks(m): 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
Pass waec with ease
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by tiamiyukunle69(m): 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
SMH
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by freecocoa(f): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
Don't mind the yeye people talking crap and backing it up with the bible, like the bible can't be used to back up almost anything.

6 Likes

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by ignis: 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
Very irritating. ..
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Sanguine77(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
Madt man. There is no justification whatsoever for epistle. Homosexual acts are abominable, unnatural,disgusting, obnoxious nd odious. I cannot support it even if its not scriptural.

He should come home and preach his sermon himself nd see if we won't whoop his sorry a$$ and send him to where he belongs.
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by 247notire(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
Pastor pastor hehehe. Dey knack ur akpako dey go jare. Until you go begin use pampers na when ur eye go clear grin. Anyway I've risen above judging and condemning people. To each his own, until Yeshua comes again.

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by joedejana(m): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
podosci:
especially paying tithe
Thief

2 Likes

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by prettyJoy22(f): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
Abegi....make we hear word jor angry
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by DollyParton1(f): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
Homeboy din't write that ish. It has been in circulation for like 4-5years now.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Chylo(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
First of all, this guy needs to know that there is a difference between ceremonial and moral laws. The New Testament abrogated the "ceremonial laws" such as having to go to a physical temple, offer incense, burn sacrifices, wash as ablution, etc etc. But the moral laws of God are eternal; a good example is the Ten Commandments.

In that chapter of Leviticus, where God stated perverse and condemned sexual relationships, these would also fall under God's moral laws. For example, the same chapter that says homosexuality is an abomination, also states the following as abominations:

Don't have sex with your mother
Don't have sex with your sister (whether same mother or step-sister)
Don't have sex with your aunt or uncle
Don't have sex with your brother's wife
Don't have sex with your neighbour's wife
Don't have sex with an animal
etc etc

At what stage would we now say all these "laws" have been abolished? Is it now right to have sex with animals, because the law was put in the old testament?

Secondly and more importantly, in the new testament, the particular aspects of homosexuality have been re-emphasised probably because God saw that this would still be an issue in the future, even as it was in ancient times.

Now we have a law of love, where one must only have sexual relations with his/her wife/husband. So tell me, how do you know you are a homosexual if you obey God and not have pre-marital sex? And don't tell me you just feel attracted to men. The truth is 99.9% of people calling themselves gay are in extra-marital relationships.

Next, this is what the new testament says:
Roman 1:26-27
Refusing to know God, they soon didn’t know how to be human either—women didn’t know how to be women, men didn’t know how to be men. Sexually confused, they abused and defiled one another, women with women, men with men—all lust, no love. And then they paid for it, oh, how they paid for it—emptied of God and love, godless and loveless wretches (The Message)

Also check: 1 Cor 6:9-11 and 1 Tim 1:8-11

So the Word of God is clear and it stands foerever. He who has ears let him hear.

2 Likes

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
No be me and una go read this long epistle.

All this rubbish for no dey happun assuming women dey offer the totex
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by manny4life(m): 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
By the grace of God, the race of salvation is NOT by the Bible but through the walk you have with GOD. The greatest law Jesus commanded to man was LOVE.

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

12 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:

13 But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by hotgunz(m): 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
Sumtym readin the bible seems hard to understand bt our pastor say u need holy spirit to interpret it for us...
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by tolustx(m): 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
Our religions condemn gayism;
Our cultures denounce it;
Even nture negates it.
So what re u talking about.
Abeg, sombody shud lock dis guy behind bars for his portion of 14 yrs so he can shut ut and let us be jor.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by synergycom19: 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
This is satanic
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by patomalabosan(m): 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
My people perish for lack of knowledge... End time signs!
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
Someone should show him Yvonne Jegede's recent breast - spilling pictures!

These homos are sick!
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Rilwayne001: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
My friend davien will like a thread like this cool undecided
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
Pls where are all the christians? grin
I've read two pages of this thread and they are all full of insults. Doesn't anyone have something intelligent to say to counter these points?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by 1shortblackboy: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
*In Patrick Obiahagbon's voice* this is saddonic, this is lugubriouse and this is a state of dismal bissmal angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Hakagure: 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
.. I will address the rest of his comments as time goes on. But for starters. Not every one who opposes homosexuality is a homophobe, It is part of Gods commands to Christians, as we seek to turn the world to God, we preach his judgement and his love. The Bible is however is clear, and I am not addressing the purported comment as one would address a Christian, he is not a Pastor or he would have gone one on one to his fellow pastors and told them the issue with their theology and would not have just attacked a specific passage in the old testament, there are tons of other verses, he fell into the error of "cherry picking" to make his case, if he is homosexual, he is also in sin. Which means he cannot pastor unless his flock is a flock of unbelievers

Romans 1:18-27
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks; but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore, God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, that their bodies might be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

2 Likes

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by jmoore(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Homosexuality is insanity.

Church of satan supports gays.

This letter is just as foolish as homosexual lifestyle. It seems homosexuality knocks out common sense from those practising it.

Gay Pastor ko Satan Pastor ni.

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by frankmoney(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
all i know is that u fagg0ts deserves.jail.term ....!diots
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Osakah24(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
Mogidi:
He shouldn't worry nah, Buhari is likely to repeal the homosexual bill to appease america.
Muslims hate homo pass us christians o
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by treesh(f): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
Gay pple are humans, and what they do concerns no one. It's their private life so all homophobic, self righteous pple shld calm down and mind their business.

5 Likes

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Henix(m): 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
N!/A said he is a gay pastor?

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Hakagure: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
This author has answered the rest of the questions quite well.

bushdoc9919:

That's true....sad really.

Good...

Misreading scripture....are we?

Everybody practiced slavery back then.What God was doing here was prescribing laws for the treatment of slaves.
Besides, slaves were subject to the laws of Israel....and a Jew could be punished for harming a slave...but let's go on.

First, you are misreading the whole purpose of the verse.According to the article Slavery on the Christian Think tank website....this may refer to marriage...not slavery.Plus...there are verses stating that the lass is not to be mistreated.

Well...this refers to intimacy contact....not other forms of contact.

The altar is centrally located....at the tabernacle.Plus...the neighbours were likely to be Jews.And anyways....Christ's sacrifice negates such.

Can you work for 24/7 without dropping? NEXT!

Shellfish do accumulate all sorts of pollutants....and anyway....God no longer judges us by the Law....

You think that God ain't merciful?

Ah well....you go ahead! (We are not under law).

Some American footies are now made of synthetics. What's the issue.?

Well....Iam born again...and I still think you as a gay man are worthy of God's love.

The question is.....are you ready to please God..? Not the homophobes or the people who like gays.....God?

Are you willing to trust God even if it is irrational.

I know....I may not be gay...but I have lots of desires for the opposite sex.Yet God gave me these desires....and says I can only have one wife.Isn't fair to me....but I have to trust God somehow that he means best.

And anyway.....this life isn't all there is.

Apologies to anyone I may have hurt. Christianity is a difficult and unreasonable religion.....but then again....it commands us to believe that God loves us.....even when it does not seem so.

May modify this post....my internet connection is iffy.

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by SELENAqueensy(f): 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
chineke
Gay and a pastor embarassed
And even using earing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osun Election: What Happened To Prophet Mike Agboola's Prophecy? / Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / I Keep Seeing My Dead Nephew In My Dreams!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.