Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? (701 Views)

Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election / Agbaje Laments Poor Turnout Of Voters In Lagos / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? by Nowenuse: 12:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
A good thing that Pres GEJ accepted defeat in good faith, showing the true spirit of sportsmanship. All we his supporters have done likewise.

But Seriously, i myself as well as many other die hard GEJ supporters were extremely astonished on the low turn out of voters in Igbo land during the Presidential elections.

I can boldy say that the igbos share more of the blames on the reasons why President GEJ lost this 2015 elections. Imagine no South-eastern state could produce up to 1 million votes for GEJ.

Compared to the number of registered voters and the number of those who collected their PVC's in the South-east, the number of accredited voters were very low.
Imagine states like Ebonyi & Abia producing less than 400,000 votes each despite the fact that they had over 1 million registered voters each.

Northern states like Kaduna and Plateau where there were a lot of issues even produced far more votes than Abia & Ebonyi.
The mighty Imo & Anambra states with large populations and registered voters could not produce even up to 800,000 votes each just as other Niger deltan states like Delta & Rivers were producing over 1 million votes each.

This is why i'd like the South-easternerns to tell the whole world what actually happened?? Cos there is always a reason for everythin under the Sun.

Pls note that this post is not meant to be malicious or generate ill-thoughts, but just for enlightenment. Mistakes can always be noted for prevention of further occurrence.

IGBOS, what happened
Re: Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
They were busy planning on how to make up for that one day of election in their various and diversified spare parts business...
Re: Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? by Utchgirl(f): 12:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hop lagoon wil nt be our final destination if we tell u wht happened?
Re: Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? by kingslly(m): 12:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
a lot of people in the southeast culdnt get their PVCs and inec didnt do a good job in placing their polling units,imagine there was no polling Unit or Registration Unit in the whole of world bank housing estate in Owerri.
Re: Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? by nzeobi(m): 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
The PVC distribution was poorly handled.
Re: Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? by MayorofLagos(m): 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
Nowenuse:
A good thing that Pres GEJ accepted defeat in good faith, showing the true spirit of sportsmanship. All we his supporters have done likewise.

But Seriously, i myself as well as many other die hard GEJ supporters were extremely astonished on the low turn out of voters in Igbo land during the Presidential elections.

I can boldy say that the igbos share more of the blames on the reasons why President GEJ lost this 2015 elections. Imagine no South-eastern state could produce up to 1 million votes for GEJ.

Compared to the number of registered voters and the number of those who collected their PVC's in the South-east, the number of accredited voters were very low.
Imagine states like Ebonyi & Abia producing less than 400,000 votes each despite the fact that they had over 1 million registered voters each.

Northern states like Kaduna and Plateau where there were a lot of issues even produced far more votes than Abia & Ebonyi.
The mighty Imo & Anambra states with large populations and registered voters could not produce even up to 800,000 votes each just as other Niger deltan states like Delta & Rivers were producing over 1 million votes each.

This is why i'd like the South-easternerns to tell the whole world what actually happened?? Cos there is always a reason for everythin under the Sun.

Pls note that this post is not meant to be malicious or generate ill-thoughts, but just for enlightenment. Mistakes can always be noted for prevention of further occurrence.

IGBOS, what happened

Ibos have been democratically engineered. Your voting bloc rendered impotent.....thats what happened!
Re: Why The Low Turn Out Of Voters In Igboland During The Presidential Elections?? by 247notire(m): 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
We are scattered all over the country and our businesses and jobs are more important than trying to vote a man who still won't give us any real development after voting him but will build more almajiri schools. Wats d point? Who is up thr matters sh.it to me cos they don't rily care about u and I the masses. Buhari or whoever is going in thr shud make implementation of the recommendations in d Confab a top priority to ensure d nations survival shikena!

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Beats Apc Flawless In Ekiti / This Is What We Should Be Using By 2019 Elections / Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.