Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... (505 Views)

Best Tv/movies Adaptation... / Selma An Adaptation Of The Lifevof Martin Luther King. / ‘minions’ Spinoff And ‘the Giver’ Movie Adaptation Get New Release Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... by whyfy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
Most novels are now getting their own movies adaptation but the cutting of of parts of the novel to shorten it for the movie sake just don't do it for me... So personally I prefer novels to their movies adaptation... Which do you prefer?
Re: Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... by CrazyScientist: 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
Novels... my imagination is better than any 3D movie...... cheesy
Re: Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... by podosci(m): 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
the novels are being killed by their movies
And sometimes the movies tend to b nothing like the novels
Example
12 years a slave. If you read the novel before watching the film, you would be discouraged, They cut out very important part of the novels
Harry Porter
Re: Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... by ammyluv2002(f): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
Movies! I'm too lazy to read these days #NoLongThing grin cheesy
Re: Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... by pweetiedee(m): 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
both...I lov reading the novels first. Oh! I can read novels and watch movies for a week without eating sef grin
Re: Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... by Csami(m): 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Movies are like shortcut. I like shortcut die!
Re: Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... by prof800(m): 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
Csami:
Movies are like shortcut. I like shortcut die!
Me too. sad
Re: Novels Vs Movies Adaptation... by sage1000: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
It depends on how well it is adapted. For example for The Hunger Games, the movie adaptions are superior to the novels. There are other examples like the First Chronicles of Narnia movie, Perks of Being a Wallflower and Game of Thrones that bring the novels to life in ways that sometimes surpasses what is imagined
Personally though I prefer novels, there are so much nuances and expressions that cannot be captured on screen or too costly in some cases. The thought processes of the character that an actor would not be able to show etc

(1) (Reply)

"Mad Max: Fury Road": 5 Lessons From Her Dressing Room Victories / Let's Talk About Nollywood / Big Brother Africa 2015 Cancelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.