Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,241 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Celebrating Greatness-aliko Dangote - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrating Greatness-aliko Dangote (963 Views)

Majid Michel Meets Aliko Dangote (Photos) / Aliko Dangote Visits P'square In Their New Home (Photos) / Davido Hangs Out With Aliko Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating Greatness-aliko Dangote by DonaldYusuf(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
On this day, April 10th 1957 the cry of greatness was heard in the northern town of Kano, North West Nigeria – a baby was born. That baby later grew into a very successful business man in the person of Alhaji Aliko Dangote.
Love him or hate him, Dangote is one man that is an inspiration to many young Africans, especially Nigerians. This is a man that started from scratch in 1977 and has built his business into the largest industrial group in Nigeria. The Dangote group controls 70% of the sugar market in Nigeria as well as a substantial share of the cement market. The group employs over 11000 people, and is the largest industrial conglomerate in West Africa.

I have heard people say he is making his money from government patronage. Very funny! Is there any business man in Nigeria that does not rely on government in one way or the other? Nigeria is not a full capitalist state; our economy is still mainly controlled by the government. A single wrong government policy can affect Dangote and other industrialist in the country so he will always parley with the government. And by the way, are there no individuals benefiting from government patronage and policies? How many of them have been able to build a successful enterprise?

The simple truth is that Dangote is a smart business man, an entrepreneur to the core. I still remember what he said in 2009. “Let me tell you this and I want to really emphasize it...nothing is going to help Nigeria like Nigerians bringing back their money. If you give me $5 billion today, I will invest everything here in Nigeria. Let us put our heads together and work”. Now that is a man that believes in his country and in the power of entrepreneurship.

Today, Africa and the world celebrate a man that has become an institution. His name is like the name of a state in Nigeria. He is the face of entrepreneurship in Africa. He is the face of possibility in Africa. He is a proof to the fact that anyone can achieve anything from any part of the world if he is determined enough. He has shown that success is a universal citizen. He is the richest black man on the face of God’s green earth. He is the president & CEO of Dangote Group. He is my Mentor and Role Model. He is the Sar’kin Cement and Sugar.

Happy birthday to a great man.
Happy birthday to my Mentor.
Happy birthday to Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Greatness-aliko Dangote by Tsanyawa: 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
Happy Birthaday Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

(1) (Reply)

AUDIO+VIDEO : Olamide – Melo Melo / Woop! See The Car Floyd Mayweather Wants To Sell For $3.8m | PHOTOS / Is Iyanya Expecting A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.