Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls (618 Views)

LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com / Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos / T's Garage (landrover And Cars) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls by akwara1234: 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
My 1999 land rover freelander is giving me series of mechanical and electrical problems so my mechanic adviced me to replace d engine and geer with that of camry 3s. I'v seen such work on other smaller cars bt I don't know if it can really pull and move my jeep. Pls guys I need ur advice.
Re: Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
Camry engine can work with lots of modifications..but with out the original power. Goodluck
Re: Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls by akwara1234: 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
Thnks bt I wana knw if it can realy pull d car and can the ac still work?
Re: Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
akwara1234:
Thnks bt I wana knw if it can realy pull d car and can the ac still work?
It will pull Ac will work....but don't expect the factory pulling ....why not buy another car?
Re: Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls by USAutoBuy(m): 6:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
I have seen it done. Freelander is not that heavy of a jeep. It will work fine. The original engine is 2.0 and Camry is 2.2

You will be fine. Replace and enjoy your car for a while.

Good luck
Re: Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls by akwara1234: 6:06am On Apr 11, 2015
Thanks guyz. Hw abt over heating??
Re: Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls by RoyalRoy(m): 6:50am On Apr 11, 2015
akwara1234:

Hmmm, Land Rover Freelander, that's a nightmare for many owners.

1 Like

Re: Can He Replace His Landrover Freeelander Engine And Geer Wt Camry 3s? Advice Pls by RoyalRoy(m): 6:51am On Apr 11, 2015
akwara1234:

It will work for it. But in the long run it will wear out.

I have a friend who has used 2 Camry engines and gears for his Freelander and the car surely needs another one soon.

Don't give yourself much headache, replace it and sell off soon as you can.

The engine replacement will not last a year before it begins to labour to pull your car.
The A.C system will need a replacement later on too so it matches with the Camry engine.
Loads of problems kept cropping up and guzzling loads of money!!!

The freelander is especially problematic with engine and gear issue such as you are experiencing already.

Please dont ignore this....sell the car off soon as you can.

Talking from real time experience bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Registered Lexus Is250 Needed / SEE Chris Brown’s $500,000 Lamborghini With Tupac Lyrics Inscribed On It / Here's All What You Need To Know About "The Gathering"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.