Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures (140900 Views)

Ikpeazu To Build Osisioma Flyover, First Ever Flyover In Abia State / Fayose Begins The Construction Of Flyover In Ekiti State (Photos) / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by tnktosin(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2015
kayciano:
May ALMIGHTY GOD, punish T.A ORJI with a MONUMENTAL HORROR...

MAY he stay alive and REAP what he did..
I wish same to EMMANUEL EWETAN UDUAGHAN

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by gwales: 9:02am On Apr 11, 2015
5th Batch of 400 youths trained with
empowerment package on Fish Farming at the
Kano Institute of Fisheries, Bagauda.

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by maclatunji: 9:03am On Apr 11, 2015
Is it as long as the 3rd Mainland Bridge?
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by gwales: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Gov Kwankwaso today inspected the ongoing
Kofar-Kabuga underpass road project, BUK
ROAD, Kano.

3 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by gwales: 9:14am On Apr 11, 2015
maclatunji:
Is it as long as the 3rd Mainland Bridge?
dat 1 is a bridge while the kwankwaso work is a flyover

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by gwales: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by maclatunji: 9:25am On Apr 11, 2015
gwales:
dat 1 is a
bridge while the kwankwaso work is a flyover

1. flyover - bridge formed by the upper level of a
crossing of two highways at different levels
≡ overpass

↔ bridge, span - a structure that allows
people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such
as a river or canal or railway etc.

www.thefreedictionary.com/flyover

Tell me more...
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by SLYCJ(m): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2015
Guy set ur money come here no be Naija!? undecided
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by TheFilmmaker: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2015
astana1:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

I love your response to my comment. I owe you one bottle of Schnapps.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by mmsen: 10:08am On Apr 11, 2015
QuotaSystem:

I'm glad you're asking the right questions. What makes it worse is that they collect an extra 13% derivation that other regions don't get, and development agencies like NDDC and OSOPADEC which are heavily funded. Still Bayelsa looks like a LGA.

NDDC is a scam. They don't do much and what they do is often built to a low standard.

I do not know who controls that enterprise but when I compare what they have built to what is built by the Cross River and AKS governments it is shocking.

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by mmsen: 10:10am On Apr 11, 2015
esosuo:
This guy must be the most respect gov in nigeria ,neva heard any bad word against him from his people ,kano now coming to quotes after the groundnut erra

When do northerners ever speak out against their governors?

Even the people in the north east who have been left to rot, hence the rise of Boko Haram, have refused to say anything negative about their local officials. They find it easier to blame the Federal government instead of those that routinely waste their allocation.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by mmsen: 10:15am On Apr 11, 2015
norjyte:
The underdevelopment is the south south is caused by the pdp led government,in Asaba and warri in delta state,both bridge put together is less than one kilometer and it cost them #12b,while the the longest bridge in west Africa costs just 2.5b.pdp why,Jonathan why,our leaders are all sick.God will judge them all,and they keep shouting for resources control,when they can not control their own allocations by judiciously using it.God help my people in the south south.

I have no doubt that 12 billion figure has been inflated somewhat but you cannot compare construction products in a delta region with those in the Sahel. The topography is entirely different and the the challenges are greater in building on marshy land than on dry arid land where the issues are minimal, therefore the cost will always be greater. The rainfall in the south is heavy and thus the cost of maintenance will be greater and the threat of erosion means that there needs to be a more considered process when building in the south.

When you take that into account and factor in the reality that Kano is a major metropolitan area that should be rivaling Lagos then you will come to realize that an underpass may look pretty but it is only a start.

As to all these people being sent abroad to study - that is not something new, people in the south have been doing this for over 100 years. It isn't something to be proud nor is it productive in the long run, it is a drain on resources that could be better spent - I hope plans have been put in place to build well funded local institutions.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by deebsman1(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2015
astana1:

That's why all he project he does are in color red

wow, his signature.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by samuelezekiel(m): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2015
and all this happen under the administration of His Excellency... u guy will not see that one o...but if any bad one happens you will remember that there is a president involved....

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by arewafederation: 11:42am On Apr 11, 2015
maclatunji:

1. flyover - bridge formed by the upper level of a
crossing of two highways at different levels
≡ overpass
↔ bridge, span - a structure that allows
people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such
as a river or canal or railway etc.
www.thefreedictionary.com/flyover
Tell me more...

Bridge is a structure which connects two points separated by a natural phenomena like river, valley, sea, any other water body. A Flyover is a structure which connects two or more points which are already accessible and is really flying over and/or across manmade structures as road, railway, building, street.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by maclatunji: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2015
arewafederation:

Bridge is a structure which connects two points separated by a natural phenomena like river, valley, sea, any other water body. A Flyover is a structure which connects two or more points which are already accessible and is really flying over and/or across manmade structures as road, railway, building, street.

Flyovers are bridges but not all bridges are flyovers. For some reason no one has answered my question. Is this flyover longer than the third mainland bridge?
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by astana1: 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
SLYCJ:
Guy set ur money come here no be Naija!? undecided

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by arewafederation: 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
maclatunji:

Flyovers are bridges but not all bridges are flyovers. For some reason no one has answered my question. Is this flyover longer than the third mainland bridge?

I'm glad you have noted the differences. To your question; Nope it's not as long as the 3rd mainland bridge.

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by gwales: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
maclatunji:

I don't know the length of third mainland bridge but this flyover is about 2km

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by arewafederation: 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
gwales:

The 3rd mainland bridge is about 12km long.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by astana1: 12:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
arewafederation:

The 3rd mainland bridge is about 12km long.

3rd mainland bridge is over water so it is different.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by arewafederation: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
astana1:

3rd mainland bridge is over water so it is different.

Yea...Refer to my post above. There is no basis for comparison.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by Abbey2sam(m): 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I don't get why they honour OBJ so much

Why are we even like this? During his tenure nobody liked him except few people that eats from his pocket and now he's a semi god? Seriously, i don't get it!.

Imagine, dis beautiful bridge they suppose name after someone that has really done well for the state

obasanjo made him defence minister when he lost to shekarau in 2007 election.....he's just returning a favour

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by maclatunji: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
gwales:

Then it is over-hyped, the 3rd Mainland Bridge is 11.8km long en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Mainland_Bridge

We are waiting for the 4th Mainland Bridge to link Ikorodu to Lagos Island. The economic potential it might unleash is enormous.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by maclatunji: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
arewafederation:

I'm glad you have noted the differences. To your question; Nope it's not as long as the 3rd mainland bridge.

My point was a flyover is a bridge.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by gwales: 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
maclatunji:

Then it is over-hyped, the 3rd Mainland Bridge is 11.8km long en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Mainland_Bridge

We are waiting for the 4th Mainland Bridge to link Ikorodu to Lagos Island. The economic potential it might unleash is enormous.
cool down bros, I never compared 3rd Mainland Bridge to any dis flyover. I was just answering the question u asked. peace

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by rodbel(m): 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
charistim:
Niger Delta oil money at work there and still they can't let our brother to complete his two tenure. can they use the sales of yam and tomatoes in building such a flyover. U can imagine we don't have such in where the money is coming from.

Be calm. Kwankwaso is coming to develop your state for you. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by arewafederation: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
maclatunji:

My point was a flyover is a bridge.

Point noted. wink

maclatunji:

I don't believe it is over hyped because it still stands as the longest flyover bridge in West Africa. The fact that it was built by a state government in this period where corruption, ineptitute and recklessness thrives even makes it more worthy of commendation.

2 Likes

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by maclatunji: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
arewafederation:

Point noted. wink

I don't believe it is over hyped because it still stands as the longest flyover bridge in West Africa. The fact that it was built by a state government in this period where corruption, ineptitute and recklessness thrives even makes it more worthy of commendation.

I agree with the bolded.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by mmsen: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
arewafederation:

Point noted. wink

Corruption was worse before.

Transparency international says that corruption has subsided to the point that Nigeria has moved far from the bottom of the table where it once was (136/175 instead of 175/175). To say otherwise is to lie. As a result investor confidence in Nigeria has grown since 1999.

Developments in Nigeria, coincidentally, are more numerous than they were previously. The quality of projects is greater than they were previously, the roads are being built to a higher standard and the scourge of open drains is no longer as acceptable as it was previously. States like AKS and Cross River have put a stop to the culture of taking shortcuts for petty financial gain.

From what Nigeria was in 1999 and what it is today is quite a big difference. The bad habits are still there in many places but they will fade as the people become more away of what to expect.

The military era ruined this country, Abacha and Babangida in particular but Buhari also played his part - slowly but surely there are people working to put things back in order.

There have always been people in Nigeria pushing for progress in Nigeria, visionaries with great ideas and drive who sought the best, sadly those people have often been sidelined for retrogrades who fear positivity and self-sufficiency. Now that the military cabal are out of the way we are seeing states develop themselves, Cross River and AKS have led the charge ensuring that their citizens are educated, safe and have access to decent healthcare and other facilities that will improve quality of life. Lagos state has also been hard at work. Let us see the other states do likewise.
Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by Bluffly: 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
ziccoit:
These people are using their states allocation for monumental projects while some are embezzling and mismanaging the huge sum allocated to them. Very soon, they would be shouting of marginalization.
Thank you. Your head they there for been factual

1 Like

Re: Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures by astana1: 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Bluffly:

Thank you. Your head they there for been factual

truth !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

A Confession From A Boko Haram Member Turned Born Again / Asari Dokubo Issues A New Threat / Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.