Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak (106758 Views)

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by grabs(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=LordExecutioner post=32582716][/quote]I have always known Yorubas to be tribalistic but never knew they were this hollow in intellect. Imagine calling law abiding citizens "immigrant refugees" Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ALISMILE(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2015
rudedough:
"Igbo immigrant resident community in the Yoruba kingdom of Lagos in Southwestern Nigeria."

So i'm an immigrant in my own country? What the hell! This is absurd if not silly. I was going to vote for Ambode but i think it's time to put this immigrant nonsense to rest once and for all. I've changed my mind.
Have u iddiots nt been referring to Fulanis in other parts of d Country as Immigrants, even though they ve spent generations in that very State? Its gettin back u nw!
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by refreshrate: 11:17am On Apr 11, 2015
LordExecutioner:
[s][/s]

Work hard to develop ur land. Kano state government just built the longest flyover in west africa, but you are still begging for 2nd niger bridge. how pathetic.

you only work hard in illegal activities, substandard and fake goods, and crime. take the away and ibo becomes useless.

how come everybody can't stand ibo? ghana, kenya, south africa, burundi, malaysia, india, china?

i saw your brothers telling chinese and india people that they are also lazy and jealous of ibos. imagine that? countries known for very high cerebral things. ibo man no go kill me with self-appraisal and wasteful arrogance. tribe of useless noisemakers. cheesy

Guy calm down your emotions acting bereft of intellect is making you tell lies.
Its not good.
Sebi youre an adult?
Calm down you hear? Your telling all these lies with overwhelming aggression like an agbero a characteristic of your tribe won't make it reality. Calm down make valid points not everyone here has toutish tendencies.

You can see how I spoke calmly no fibs no aggression, just facts.

Now do the same.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by linusbnn(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2015
mirakuru:

Ibo making life easy for Nigerians by investing heavily in fake products that pose threat to human existence and comfort all in attempt to make quick money even if these products will cost consumers their lives? So you call going to china to buy and import fake gadgets and flooding the Nigerian market with substandard electronic products hazardous to human comfort hardwork? Plz spare me dat crap!

Who gives this igbo pple access to import these items? Is it not your pple? Igbos are not betrayers,wen you catch them on any deal,they don't expose others,if not your pple for dey hear d story. Yorubas are knwon for betraying pple,and they also displayed it to GEJ,after all the promises..Guy abeg rest.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by REALODUA: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2015
craleonic:
Tribalism has really eaten deep into our bones. With all the 'igbo' and 'yoruba' comments I see here, I weep for my country.

Please, we are the future of Nigeria, we need to be better than this.
tell history as it is, don't tamper with it. Ibos are changing it saying no mans land. Build house and live in Lagos 70 years you are still an immigrant . Like it or u pack out.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ALISMILE(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2015
grabs:
I have always known Yorubas to be tribalistic but never knew they were this hollow in intellect. Imagine calling law abiding citizens "immigrant refugees" Nonsense!
can u show us were d word refugee was used in d post? Or do u think immigrant means same as refuges? Stop foolin ursef in public!
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by dasensible1(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2015
Texcoco:
The political atmsopshere concerning Lagos has changed irrevocably and with its reverbrating effects all round our socio-economic landscape,it will be keen to observe how the pervading tension is doused although we see no end in sight but we do see minor flashpoints occurring btw tribes down the end of the road.Just like the running battles with northerners in ethno-religious crises,we can ably point out face-off reprisals of which the igbos can come on top given their dogged nature and experience of butchering Hausas in the east in reciprocity after years of one-sided massacres in the north....Killing yorubas in the east,north or even southwest in reciprocity wouldn't be a big deal especially now we have a democracy.
This coming from you? Usually I don't do this but in your case, I give up.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2015
Seun, I'm glad you have not closed this thread. These are the indepth hearts of Nigerians from different ethnic groups. Nigeria is a sham marriage between southern and northern protectorates. It's clear we don't love ourselves and we will never love ourselves. If education that gives true freedom could not liberate the Yoruba "elites" that have achieved so much academically to say debasing words like calling another ethnic group "refugees" and "immigrants" in their own country then it means that the hate among these ethnic groups will be eternal. Nigeria has to divide. The marriage called Nigeria is a sham, so I call for divorce. The hate will never die. Quote me anywhere. Tell them that Darklight said so.

4 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Horlufemi(m): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2015
EroticAngelina:
RUBBISH!!!!! arrant nonsense!!!! angry
These Yoruba ppl are so selfish and pompous!

If not that Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria, It would have been a local minor state like every other state in this country!!
This discrimination towards Igbo people by yorubas is getting out of hand!
for starters, why on earth should that useless oba threaten igbos in Lagos?? Are we not free to vote whoever we want?? That oba and his supporters are sent to destroy the peace of this country!

What I really wanna understand is what exactly did Igbo ppl do to this man
This inhumane discrimination has been going on for a long time! As long as u are a citizen of Nigeria, u have every right to settle down wherever u want in Nigeria.

we don't discriminate against any tribe in igboland, so why should they? In case they didn't know, igbos also took part in developing Lagos. Igbos are the most hardworking ppl in Nigeria(and I'm not saying that bkus I'm Igbo, its the fvcking truth. just like everybody knows Yorubas like education and parties)

for Pete's sake, we are the same ppl, human beings. just like someone said, tribes are just created to give power, it doesn't differentiate u from others.

#peace! angry

There was no wahala in Lagos. Everyone was hustling like every other day till Jimi started his campaign and pitched the Igbo against the Yoruba.

my 50kobo advice to Igbo's is that you will be put aside because of the powers that be won't allow jimi to have your time. 4 years is a lot not to allow Lagos align with the center this time around.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Masterclass32: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2015
devour129:
I blame Jonathan , wasted years pleasing everyone else but the people that put him there . Imagine if he built the sea ports and bridges as promised etc ......... I think it's high time Igbos should head home and take care of their fathers land , what is happening now has been happening for years but you stay put saying you developed one state or the other . Let's head home now and build our states for the sake of the generations to come .

You said it all.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by XBLadez: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:

You mean Yeeboe. Thats good of you.
Stupidity at its peak!

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by XBLadez: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:

[s]Just like the fool called Hoebi of Onitsha. He is a goat in human skin.[/s]
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Seunpaul01(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2015
This issue of igbos disruption in yoruba land - lagos, alway get me furious more n more. The igbos can never be contended wt wat dey have. Wat they do not know is that they can never win a war against the yorubas. because once they start wt dem the hausas will surely join hand in d fight in wch they av once had wt them.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by REALODUA: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2015
linusbnn:

Who gives this igbo pple access to import these items? Is it not your pple? Igbos are not betrayers,wen you catch them on any deal,they don't expose others,if not your pple for dey hear d story. Yorubas are knwon for betraying pple,and they also displayed it to GEJ,after all the promises..Guy abeg rest.
their business is a risk to development of a state and nation. Importing junk and discarded electronics Is hazard to environment and it kills manufacturing and growth of home made goods. Your businesses are nothing but crap, move it out of Lagos, simple
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by dasensible1(m): 11:23am On Apr 11, 2015
ezstino:

I am Igbo but I swear u sound arrogant! Agreed that Igbos have the constitutional rights to live freely in Lagos but the host community and the indigenes deserve some resect. They said lagos is their land and not a a 'No mans land' why can't you respect that?

Irrespective of what the Oba of Lagos said, the Yorubas stil expect u to respect the throne because its an institution!

Meanwhile I strongly frown at the Oba's statement. As a royal father, I expect him to know better.
I love you
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by M4gunners: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2015
EroticAngelina:

If not that Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria, It would have been a local minor state like every other state in this country!!
for starters, why on earth should that useless oba threaten igbos in Lagos?? Are we not free to vote whoever we want?? That oba and his supporters are sent to destroy the peace of this country!

This inhumane discrimination has been going on for a long time! As long as u are a citizen of Nigeria, u have every right to settle down wherever u want in Nigeria.

we don't discriminate against any tribe in igboland, so why should they? In case they didn't know, igbos also took part in developing Lagos. Igbos are the most hardworking ppl in Nigeria(and I'm not saying that bkus I'm Igbo, its the fvcking truth. just like everybody knows Yorubas like education and parties)

for Pete's sake, we are the same ppl, human beings. just like someone said, tribes are just created to give power, it doesn't differentiate u from others.

#peace! angry
Nne oga dirigih ma.You have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2015
linusbnn:

Lagos is no man's land, talk about ONDO,EKITI,OSUN etc and I will hear you..Go to Onisha,Aba,Enugu and will find other tribes doing well and living freely

Eleghị anya mkpa ka ị na-agụ m post ọzọ tupu ị na-eme nzuzu na-adịghị mkpa na-ekwu, bụ aka gị itching ka ị pịnyere ma ọ bụ na-eme na i nwere raw ji n'ọnụ gị na-eme ka ọ na-oko ị na-agwa ezigbo iberibe.ihe gị chọpụtara na Lagos. Gụọ m post ọzọ ma kwuo
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Omila007: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2015
Andalus:

Your f.oolishness is astounding! Is Lagos state the only state that was once Nigeria's capital. I have been trying to keep my cool on this whole issue but you errorticsatalina wouldn't stop in your usual emotional outburst at any issue concerning Yoruba. And for you have decided not to respect the people and culture that have/is fending for you and your scavenging generation, may the land turn against you and your disrespectful lots until it rids itself of you scavengers.

Brother Abeg help me understand what actually constitutes this phrase " DISRESPECTING THE LAND".
For the sake of learning. I keep hearing it from a lot of people on here but no one has cared to give me an example.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2015
They all spoke like a childish illiterates...

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by MsTIQ(m): 11:24am On Apr 11, 2015
holatin:
and you call yourself a Yoruba, am not sorry to say this you are a disgrace to Yoruba as a whole, no rightful born Yoruba will talk like you.

Because of PDP gave u aphone to browse, you are now tarnishing your tribe just to please them.

ODUA KO NI GBE E.
OMO ALE JATI JATI
I had to LOL grin! Things we won't do, we won't take!
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Alexchuka(m): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2015
LordExecutioner:

Igbos started the hate.

how can you come all the way from ur erosion ridden land and claim you built another man's land due to ur illegal activities people turned a blind eye to?

u better start assimilating into bein yoruba becos it won't end well for the other ibo goats.
Please Enlighten me on how my people started the hate? huh?
All my life I've enjoyed peace with my yourba brothers here...we all live in peace and that war u are looking for will never materialize..
Please my igbo, hausa and yoruba brothers on NL, don't let a few saddist infect the Good intensions in your hearts
We shall live in Peace and one day nigeria shall be one of the power houses in the world map.....gradually our economy will be stablized and we definately need each other to achieve this..Don't spread the hate, spread peace.....
#WeAreOne

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by dipopo83: 11:26am On Apr 11, 2015
U igbo are ingrate no wonder the boko haram are reducing ur population in the North but it seems u don't want to appreciate the peace u are enjoying here instead of u to face ur business u are busy meddling into yoruba politics don't worry will get bajinatu for u and we will make u run kabakaba into the Lagoon stupid people
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by telexfree1: 11:26am On Apr 11, 2015

I will like to educate and enlighten these people who always doubt the indigenous ownership of Lagos and many others who are ignorant of history and suffers intellectual defficiency, so becaue lagos is a portugese word,he is now saying its a no man's land,that means Nigeria too is a no man's land because the name Nigeria is not Yoruba,Hausa or Igbo,so Niger and Ghana people can come in and take over! Even Port-Har-Court is now a no man's land! and some even said benins are the owner of lagos,yes they had a contact with lagos but they were not the first occupants.
In fact its time I dispense what am studying, I study lagos history as a compulsory course at Lagos State University lectured by Dr.Sanni(an indigenous lagosian and a scholar of lagos history)Now to all of you shouting lagos is a no man's land, please stay attentive as I tell u how the name lagos,Eko and who first occupied lagos are.
How did we come about the name LAGOS??
Undoubtedly, the word LAGOS is derived from the portugese word, "LAGOS" meaning LAGOONS(and not prison as some people speculate).
The word lagos could be traced to LANCELOT DE FREITAS(a portugese man) who himself was a local lagosian in his native home of lagos in portugal,in the course of the portugese voyage of 1431-1462(14th century), LANCELOT DE FREITAS stopped to get provision around the modern day carter bridge,and looking towards Ebute Metta,he recorded in his log book the word"LAGOS" thus, named after a place surrounded by water(he saw that carter bridge where he bought provision in 1450 was surrounded by water,hence,he gave it the name LAGOS).
THE NAME EKO?
There are two versions to this very one but it will be summarily explained to a plausible version.
According to J.B losi M. book titled "History of Lagos" Lagos was founded and first occupied by a group of hunters led by Olofin Ogunfunminire,aprince from Ile-Ife, who first settled at Isheri-Olofin,acommunity situated 12miles north of lagos. From Isheri, series of dispersals led to the founding of other yoruba awori settlement such as Iropa,Irepu,Ado-Odo,Ogudu,Ikeja,Ojota etc. South ward movement led to the settlement of Yaba later on Ebute-metta,Otoand Ido which later became the home of the olofin(first leader of lagos). Although JB losi vernacular version of his write up vindicate that prior to the movement of Ogunfunminire;there were early Yoruba Awori settlements such as Olopon,Tomuwe,Omuse,Alase etc who had settled before the coming of the Olofin(Ogunfunminire).These groups were said to have moved from Egun Ibeji an ancient Yoruba Awori settlement that has gone into extinction.
After the settlement of Olofin's(princeogunfunminire) group,his children who were collectively known as ALADEJO(A Group Of Fishermen/Fishermen Co-Operative)settled at different parts of lagos. The earliest settlements was led by 'AROMIRE' who swam across the lagoon and established a settlement on the LAGOS ISLAND. This further encouraged his brothers to settle in different parts of lagos such that some of them bears the name that correspond with their settlement. E.g Oloto at oto,Ojora at Ijora,Oniru at Iru, Oluwa(Apapa)at Iwa,Elegushi which constitute the modern day Victoria Island.
Where do the Benin come into the history of Lagos?
After critical study,juxtaposition and consolidation.The involvement of Benin in Lagos politics could be traced back to the quarrel of Olofin's children and a female personality named "AINA". Aina was accused of witchcraft,all her goats were killed as a result of this accusation and all effort to seek redress with olofin failed. She therefore complained to the King of Benin(Oba Orhogbua) who sent his warriors to attack and build a war CAMP in lagos under the leadership of one "Aseru". Let me explain one thing at this very point, "EKO" is the name of the benin for WAR CAMP.Aseru who was the commander of the Benin millitary camp undertook millitary expeditions to the towns situated north of Lagos and was killed during one of such operation in the marshes of Isheri. One yoruba personality,"ASHIPA" was said to have led an Isheri party that took the dead body of Aseru to Benin for burial in accordance with Benin tradition. This singular act of returning Aseru body to Benin was rewarded by the Oba of Benin who made Ashipa the first Eleko of Eko or Oloriogun i.e the millitary commander of his troops in Lagos.At his death,Ashipa was succeded by Ado,his son was in turn succeded by Gabaro and Akinsemoyin(in that order).
Nevertheless,available evidence seems to be pointing to the fact that the brief control of Lagos by the Benin was acheived by millitary conquest and the fact that the earliest settlers were not the Edo but the Awori Yorubas. The reasons for this position are not far to seek.Viewed from the linguistic angle,it appears that the language more indigenous to Lagos is the Awori dialect of the Yoruba.
The nucleus of this settlement of the Benin was the Enu-Owa area which today still retains the evidence of Benin architecture,culture and customs. Not too long after the Benin conquest of the forces of the Olofin,the Edo who did not occupy the Iddo Island but stayed in the Enu-Owa would appear to have been attracted to the relatively older and comparatively more developed and suitable for human dwelling area of their Awori brethren.Duringthe reign of Eleko Gabaro,the capital and seat of administration was effectively transferred to Idun-Iganran( pepper palace) which has since been the seat of government.
In totality,the period of the Awori's settlement and that of Benin represented two different periods in Lagos history,while the first Yoruba Awori's period represented the period when Lagos emerged as OKO(farmland) following Aromire's establishment of the Island as a farmland.
The second period represented the conquest and the brief occupation of Lagos by the Benin and the encampment of Lagos as Eko.
For the foregoing analysis,the antiquity of the Yoruba Awori settlement in Lagos seem not to be in doubt.
Conclusively, the modern day Lagos is the commercial hub and social vibe of Nigeria,Lagos was the federal capital of Nigeria from Amalgamation till 1991 when Former Head of State, Ibrahim Babaginda moved the federal capital from Lagos to Abuja.One of the reasons IBB gave then was that, Lagos serves the purpose of just the Yorubas since its their indigenous state,hence,theneed to move the Federal capital to a more central region(That's why we have the FCT in Abuja today).
If Lord Lugard had not amalgamated Nigeria(and made Lagos the FCT due to the development and potentials Lagos had even before oil money) will people be migrating and running to Lagos virtually everyday;only to call it a no man's land neglecting the fact that,some people's ancestors first occupied and developed it thousands of Years ago?
However,am not a Tribalist but a Nigerian and a Yoruba Nationalist to the core, despite the fact that I want a united Nigeria where love and tolerance reign. I won't sit back and watch some ill-informed ignorantum igorantatus;ignorants of History to point to Lagos,a state with thousands of years of Traditional leadership as a NO MAN'S LAND! I surely won't take that from anybody

Ok. Thanks for sharing. This is actually public knowledge. I don't think the term no man's land is applicable anywhere in the world. and definitely not here in Lagos.
Rather I think we should see our selves as joint custodians of the heritage. Hence the term should be. : our land cheesy

Or dont u agree?
See my friend, the world has moved on since the 15th century.
In the 1950s, racial segregation was still accepted in the U.S. Black people attended different schools and rode separate buses.
Fast forward to 2008. A mixed race man became president. His father was not only black but also not even American. A black Kenyan. blacker than black.

Take a look at the world a the world around u and understand the times and season.

A non indegene will become Lagos governor.

Somebody who can demonstrate readiness and willingness to serve.

just fast foward to....

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by omokab: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2015
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** You have all these above Igbos yet there you have more beggars and destitutes than the rest of thr south put together. Funny you. **LOLS**

haha bros!what about beggars and destitutes Fasola sent back to your region with trailer are they no more your tribe.The economy of each region speaks for themselves.please try to check each state poverty level of the years through National statistics and you will be able to understand that yorubas are hard working tribe because we don't allow laziness in our region.An adage in yoruba says that ,"Ise lonjare osi"that is if you work you can never be poor.That is why you see adult learning something if you can't go to school,children selling something to assist your parent likwise women selling and doing business to help the family.What you know what to do best is awking and selling,if you have small money you go into selling spare part.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Crueldeed: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2015
XBLadez:

I shall bury my family in pains and agony.
If I beg God to take my life, may the prayers not get to the ceiling.
My sister will be my source of sorrow, and I will use my own hand to wipe them off the surface of earth.
So shall it be!!!!
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by tomiobj(m): 11:27am On Apr 11, 2015
An2elect2:

throne of your fore fathers, my ass!

Your oba lacks wisdom admit it.
. Nobody is perfect. But that throne is highly respected in yoruba landlords. He is a wise king that has been leading Lagos even be4 Jonathan was d president. I dunno y u r still holding on to it. Oda ibo pple r even taking iit as a joke and everyone is laffn.

https://instagram.com/p/1VF8d6wOIo/
I cn get u more if u want
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2015
ALISMILE:
can u show us were d word refugee was used in d post? Or do u think immigrant means same as refuges? Stop foolin ursef in public!
empty head so you can't read. ......?

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2015
dipopo83:
U igbo are ingrate no wonder the boko haram are reducing ur population in the North but it seems u don't want to appreciate the peace u are enjoying here instead of u to face ur business u are busy meddling into yoruba politics don't worry will get bajinatu for u and we will make u run kabakaba into the Lagoon stupid people
we should be grateful to you by voting ambode or what? Some people are just too funny.

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by peren: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2015
It is funny how the group referred to themselves as intellectuals and yet the simple meaning of the word immigrant eludes them.

I personal feel offended by the use of the words "immigrant" and "refugee" to people from the same country. I care very little for what else they said because they were airing their personal opinions and feelings, which every human being been has the right to.

They may also be correct in their description of the Igbo people but to be called immigrant in your own country where many Igbo people own property and have lived peacefully with their fellow Nigerians for years is deeply troubling. I think an apology would be in order.

For avoidance of doubt I have included the definitions of both refugee and immigrant below.
refugee
rɛfjʊˈdʒiː/
noun
noun: refugee; plural noun: refugees
1. a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.
"tens of thousands of refugees fled their homes"

immigrant
ˈɪmɪɡr(ə)nt/
noun
noun: immigrant; plural noun: immigrants
1. a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by holatin(m): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2015
streetzdreamz:
.all dt write up was about some fools trying to instill fear into d igbos to respect a king dts lost the respect his throne deserves,if ur brain says otherwise,den u nid dem medics.
den you need a brain
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Rooy57(m): 11:30am On Apr 11, 2015
EroticAngelina:

#peace! angry

need I remind you, Calabar was once FCT and there is room for people like you over there! so you can simply relocate if Lagos is no longer conducive for you. thanks
No hard feelings
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 11, 2015
customized13:
oga shut up, did anybody stop yorubas from owning properties in Igbo land? Please don't blame anybody for your laziness.

People like you give people reasons to label Igbo people bad and arrogant, for your information....inshort make we yarn Eleghị anya mkpa ka ị na-agụ m post ọzọ tupu ị na-eme nzuzu na-adịghị mkpa na-ekwu, bụ aka gị itching ka ị pịnyere ma ọ bụ na-eme na i nwere raw ji n'ọnụ gị na-eme ka ọ na-oko ị na-agwa ezigbo iberibe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply)

Full Names Of Buhari's Ministerial List: Gbemi Saraki, Akpabio, Amaechi / Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) / Female Nigerian Soldier Praying With Her Rifle At The Battlefield. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.