Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) (1295 Views)

#savearisa:nigerian Man Dying With Cancer / My Man Is A 2 Min Man. Help / A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) by LagosBrozz: 4:28am On Jan 28, 2009
Somebody please help! Citizen Mr. Lagbaja (I don’t know his real name) is a sick and weak Nigerian and a destitute. I’m afraid he may not survive for too long if he does not receive medical attention. He has made Ishaga/Itire/Ojuelegba Road junction axis his home in the past two weeks or thereabout. Presently he could be located at Karimu junction by Ojuelegba Road in Surulere. He is mostly asleep under the hot sun and at first impression seems dead. Once in a while when awake, he feeds mostly on pure water and Agege Bread courtesy of concerned fellow citizens. He rarely moves so he stays at a spot for days while he urinates and defecates on himself. He lies on the Main Road and faces the danger of being crushed by passing vehicles.

Please in the absence of family support, government should step in to support our weakest citizens.

Also,  NGOs with such goals should please look into Citizen Mr. Lagbaja's case. Finally Corporate Organisations, Ambulance services and public spirited individuals who are touched has the perfect opportunity to once more demonstrate that in Lagos we are our brothers’ keepers.

Forum readers please spread the news to the people that could help.

God bless Nigeria! God bless Lagosians.

Re: THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) by keeptrying: 2:20am On Apr 10, 2010
is he still alive?i live in the states i can fund for him to stay in a home.we really have a stuppid selfish government in nigeria.May all of them rot in HELL.
Re: THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:39am On Apr 10, 2010
i dont believe its lagbaja.maybe some mad dude. how do you know its him afterall he always covers his face. grin
Re: THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) by dominique(f): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

i dont believe its lagbaja.maybe some mad dude. how do you know its him afterall he always covers his face. grin

"Lagbaja" may be a stage name but it's also a Yoruba term for somebody or anybody the poster named that cos he didn't know what to call him. all the same, i feel the thread topic is a bit misleading. i'm afraid i have to change that.

@topic
i witnessed a similar case years ago at Ikeja/allen axis. for days, the poor man suffered and struggled to live. everydody just left him by the road-side. it wasn't till he died that he was removed from that spot cry.
with these so-called charity organizations popping out here and there, nobody deems it fit to take cases like this, that's when know that their primary goal is their bank accounts.
Re: THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) by DisGuy: 4:50am On Apr 11, 2010
eko oni baje-- operation plant flower - tongue in cheek

heard another church just opened a branch opposite this same spot.

Nigerians are really religious and very happy people lipsrsealed
Re: THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) by mamagee3(f): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2010
Was he really dying? shocked shocked shocked
Re: THIS MAN IS DYING (WITH PICS) by indie22(f): 8:52am On Apr 12, 2010
looks like just sum regular mad man on the streets of lagos to me,

(1) (Reply)

Prolonged Typhoid / 10 Most Polluted Cities In The World In 2013 / Why Not Help The Lazy Man In Bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.