Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Bad Movies Adaptations... - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bad Movies Adaptations... (619 Views)

Future Nollywood Adaptations Of The COZA Scandal / Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Movies Adaptations... by whyfy(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2015
This thread is to rant about the bad movies adaptations of novels out there. For me, my worst movies adaptation remains Eragon and Legend of the seeker.... What's yours?

1 Like

Re: Bad Movies Adaptations... by sage1000: 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
God I hated Eragon, the adaptation is one of worst creations ever. The cheap quality of production, terrible acting, cut plots all contributed to the failure. The only good thing that came out of it is that they didn't make any more.

Other terrible adaptations include Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of The Dawn Treader. The disneyfication of the series ended up ruining the story and killing what was once a very successful franchise.

Dresden Files TV show: How an adaptation could be made that would in no way resemble the source material is beyond me. It was as if they took only the names and wrote their own terrible plots to it. I still syfy for this. Wish it was HBO that took it up instead.

The Hobbit was really unnecessary and this showed in The Desolation of Smaug with its illogical plot, stupid love story and terrible war.

3 Likes

Re: Bad Movies Adaptations... by JUHABACH: 12:11am On Apr 12, 2015
ERAGON is by far the worst movie adaptation. it makes the percy jackson adaptation look like a work of ar by comparison.
honourable mentions;
THE LAST AIRBENDER
DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION (pls hollywood, stay away frm naruto)
PERCY JACKSON

1 Like

Re: Bad Movies Adaptations... by whyfy(m): 8:09am On Apr 12, 2015
JUHABACH:
ERAGON is by far the worst movie adaptation. it makes the percy jackson adaptation look like a work of ar by comparison.
honourable mentions;
THE LAST AIRBENDER
DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION (pls hollywood, stay away frm naruto)
PERCY JACKSON

Oh God THE LAST AIRBENDER was just plain terrible for a production done in this technological era
Re: Bad Movies Adaptations... by moneyallowed(m): 9:57am On Apr 12, 2015
The Narnia movies were pretty horrible. Legend of the seeker was bad but the books were not that good to be honest. The worst in my opinion is still The Golden Compass. I have never been so disappointed in my life. The difference between His Dark Materials and the movie is so great. They ruined it so much they deserve an award

(1) (Reply)

Father’s Day Short Whatsapp Video | Father’s Day Animated Whatsapp Hd Video 2015 / Has Anyone Watched This Korean Movie 'WHATSAP' / Olamide Apologises On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.