Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

DELTA State Governorship Election Result - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DELTA State Governorship Election Result (40292 Views)

The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer / Taraba State Governorship Election Tribunal To Deliver Judgement Today.. / Teslim Folarin Allegedly Shot (Wife Of Oyo State Governorship Aspirant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Emade(m): 1:38am On Apr 13, 2015
Wen d result start cuming we will knw who is saying the truth those who stay in delta knw what they want not this story from the gods am seeing her
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Omokiez: 4:34am On Apr 13, 2015
Be very careful of what u write or else u'll b liable for ur mehem. Cos those ya so call fiticious LGA dose not exist.
So d nairaland admin. shuld plz erase dis trend b4 it hamper dis domain.
Profuse thanks.
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by ican2020: 6:17am On Apr 13, 2015
Kizmarty:

Nothing like Ethiope north/south man angry
I'm from Ethiope east,and there is only Ethiope East and West.
I don't need to check google for my own heritage...get lost with your lies angry

Easy man, the music has already changed and you have to learn to accept it.
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Greatken007(m): 6:46am On Apr 13, 2015
mikhe2:
guy forget abt party, 94 percent will vote for ogboru.... Let's watch d drama.....
94 percent of what ? How did u managed to pass ur maths in WAEC? I believe someone did d magic for you, do u mean even Ika North East that has d largest local govt in Delta is inclusive ? Ogboru was once a popular man in Delta politics when d people disliked Uduaghan but now a more better person is around and d pple are behind him...If APC couldn't win Rivers is Delta, labour party does nt av structure down here , Ogboru just did last minutes arrangement , He wasn't even too sure whether to step down for OTEGA or not.South south can't afford to lose any of her states, mind u EDO is a minor when we talk of oil producing state
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Gr8amechi: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2015
OneNaira6:

Nwoke shut up that your oozing mouth. I'm delta igbo and I'm a proud Igbo man and see SE igbo as my twins. If you don't want to claim igbo, fine, do you but ceaze from trying to create tension with SE igbo because of your stupid1ty love to APC. We all are not as foolish as you.
see we all may be from delta Igbo but not the same origin, I know my root and please never in you lif
e call me a fool again, I never called you names
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by rhukky01: 7:36am On Apr 13, 2015
No result has been anounced oooo u guys stop spreading fakin results it is nt possible 4 okowa to win any LG in ughelli

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by jared007: 7:45am On Apr 13, 2015
Okowa must not disappoint us in government or else he shall be rigged out of power in 4 years time. Pastor Chris prophesied last year in Benin dat he saw attention and massive investment shifting to Agbor!
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Ejimike: 8:10am On Apr 13, 2015
rhukky01:
No result has been anounced oooo u guys stop spreading fakin results it is nt possible 4 okowa to win any LG in ughelli
Stop consoling urself wit fake assurance. Ogboru has lost for 5th times today
DBS Radio New@ 6:30am dis morning by Samuel Ifejokwu said 24 LGs has been announced by INEC,
OKOWA(PDP) won 20LGs
Ogboru(LP) won 4LGs.
The remaining LG is Oshimili North which is for Okowa too
Ogboru always present himself as Urhobo candidate in multi-ethnic state like Delta
See how he & Otega was strugling For UPU endosment as if dey contesting for Urhobo guber election while okowa was canvassing for vote accross the state.
Ogboru neva came to any of the 9LGs in Delta north for campaign desame tin in Delta south except Isoko part of the Zone
He(Ogboru) won 4Lgs in Delta north(Anioma)in Re_run & 2011 becos everybody wanted Uduaghan out of office Not becox of his populality and acceptability in d state
Now, PDP has presented a very popular candidate, Okowa who even won 4LGs out of 8LGs in Urhobo, Ogboru stronghold

The second factor against Ogboru is his Party.
He always fight Alone, No party structure, Even in my ward there was no LP agents because he couldn't fund his election n Party.
This was the challeng of GMB until APC was formed to recue him.
Ogboru should have align himself wit APC or even APGA but his pride won't let him.

I pray he learn his lesson in his future endeavour.

6 Likes

Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by mikhe2(m): 8:45am On Apr 13, 2015
rhukky01:
dnt mind d beast that's bn carrying fake news
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by dafuturis(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2015
Gr8amechi:
even my name sound Igbo but the guy should not join us to the across the Niger Igbo, if you read history you would know that ika has nothing to do with the Igbo across the niger

Bros, I just tire for those people. Is it by force to be Igbo. There is nothing like Delta Igbo, we are deltans

Don't know why our names had to sound alike
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 13, 2015
grin. I wonda wen ethiope north nd south was created in delta... Y not add ethiope central to it....smh
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Eseose9(f): 10:08am On Apr 13, 2015
make una dey make noise here o
PDP don win already.
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Ejimike: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2015
OKOWA(PDP) declared winner of Delta Guber Election
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Springz(f): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2015
Up Okowa.
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by wiggle: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2015
case closed.. Okowa Wins
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by omoharry(f): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
I guess it's over for the opposition in Delta. Congrats to Ifeanyi Okowa.
Now,we have 6 Igbo governors.
our Nairaland Brothers from the South East State ... please you guys should leave our Delta Ibos brothers and sisters alone oooo. They are Deltans and not for the South East.... please oooo, though you guys have a common lineage and speak almost the same language but it should end there... when incident like this happens , people would no longer have an open mind to vote for people who are efficient for political position, irrespective of their tribe within a particular state.... Okowa is a Deltan and not from the south East...we are one in Delta State even though we have our differences. Please please just congratulate them and the open mindedness of the electorate and stop beating your chest that another Igbo man has conquered Delta State...Thanks.
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by And9: 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Wonder1844(m): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ejimike:

Stop consoling urself wit fake assurance. Ogboru has lost for 5th times today
DBS Radio New@ 6:30am dis morning by Samuel Ifejokwu said 24 LGs has been announced by INEC,
OKOWA(PDP) won 20LGs
Ogboru(LP) won 4LGs.
The remaining LG is Oshimili North which is for Okowa too
Ogboru always present himself as Urhobo candidate in multi-ethnic state like Delta
See how he & Otega was strugling For UPU endosment as if dey contesting for Urhobo guber election while okowa was canvassing for vote accross the state.
Ogboru neva came to any of the 9LGs in Delta north for campaign desame tin in Delta south except Isoko part of the Zone
He(Ogboru) won 4Lgs in Delta north(Anioma)in Re_run & 2011 becos everybody wanted Uduaghan out of office Not becox of his populality and acceptability in d state
Now, PDP has presented a very popular candidate, Okowa who even won 4LGs out of 8LGs in Urhobo, Ogboru stronghold

The second factor against Ogboru is his Party.
He always fight Alone, No party structure, Even in my ward there was no LP agents because he couldn't fund his election n Party.
This was the challeng of GMB until APC was formed to recue him.
Ogboru should have align himself wit APC or even APGA but his pride won't let him.

I pray he learn his lesson in his future endeavour.
you just said it all
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
ican2020:

Easy man, the music has already changed and you have to learn to accept it.

what music undecided

accept what exactly undecided
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
spellingcheck:

i only said use Google to search for your answer since its the easiest way to find out. what lies was i telling?

And I'm only telling you that Ethiope north/south doesn't exist. embarassed embarassed

Is it that hard to comprehend undecided
Just like saying there's an alphabet before letter A and telling me to go check google angry angry
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by refreshrate: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
HzRF:
If dem take this beating curse person

Na RCCG remain oo

grin cheesy grin cheesy

Guy!
very original
abeg i fit copy?
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by spellingcheck(m): 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
Kizmarty:

And I'm only telling you that Ethiope north/south doesn't exist. embarassed embarassed

Is it that hard to comprehend undecided
Just like saying there's an alphabet before letter A and telling me to go check google angry angry

I don't know if it exist or not, and i dgaf about this election either. I just wanna start my new job and earn big so i can start up my business. Is that too hard comprehend? for more answers use Google.
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by tonychristopher: 1:02am On Apr 14, 2015
dafuturis:

Bros, I just tire for those people. Is it by force to be Igbo. There is nothing like Delta Igbo, we are deltans

Don't know why our names had to sound alike

i kn but what about pure igbo there...we hav sons of benin migrants but we still hv pure bred and ifeanyi okowa is a pure igbo name he and obis hav never said they ar not igbo and i will believe them and disregard urs!
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by dafuturis(m): 1:26am On Apr 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

i kn but what about pure igbo there...we hav sons of benin migrants but we still hv pure bred and ifeanyi okowa is a pure igbo name he and obis hav never said they ar not igbo and i will believe them and disregard urs!

You wait till he tells you, eer!

My first name is Ndubuisi, a stronger and deeper igbo name than Ifeanyi. Our last names sounds very different from Igbo. Seems this picking of Igbo names started few decades ago and must be stopped.

Anyway, the awareness is getting stronger with the present generation. No more Igbo names.
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:28am On Apr 14, 2015
dafuturis:

My first name is Ndubuisi, a stronger and deeper igbo name than Ifeanyi. Our last names sounds very different from Igbo. Seems this picking of Igbo names started few decades ago and must be stopped.

Anyway, the awareness is getting stronger with the present generation. No more Igbo names.

You dey crase oooolol
If you stop it what will you bear....oyibo names ?
Guy,nobody forced you to answer Igbo names. Its the Igbo in you that is resurfacing....lol
Its like your past...You can't run away from it....Its in your mind....lol

1 Like

Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by tonychristopher: 8:57am On Apr 14, 2015
dafuturis:

so let us take the Okowa, what does it mean...i said that I will never take you serious, Ifeanyi, the obis in Ika will talk that they are not igbo and I will believe them not you, nobody knows you or your family name, in short you are not an authority so your word is just ranting and does not matter, I will advise you to stop using "WE" but use "I" . i have many IKA friends nad they say they are pure igbo like those in Owa, Umunede, Egbuoma et al

Ika South Local Government

Agbor is the headquarters of Ika South LGA and is spread out on hills and a deep valley, the Orogodo valley. It has an area of 89 square kilometres and an estimated population of 155,922 people. The LGA comprises two clans divided into twelve wards, namely Agbor and Abavo, each with its own traditional ruler. The people speak Ika, a dialect of Igbo language and are well known for their farming prowess with the largest foodstuff market in the state.

http://www.deltastate.com.ng/Local-Government/ika-south-local-government.html

Ika North East Local Government
Owa-Oyibu, a growing town near Agbor, is the headquarters of Ika North East LGA, and like their brothers in the south the people speak Ika, an Igbo dialect. The LGA was created in September 1991, occupies a land area of 28.45square kilometres and has a population of about 144,270 . There are nine clans, namely, Owa, Ute-Ogbeje, Ute-Okpu, Umunede, Idumuesah, Igbodo, Otolokpo and Mbiri spread out into fourteen (14) wards. Each of these clans operates as a separate and independent entity under its own traditional ruler. They are well known for their farming prowess producing yam, cassava, melon, maize, tomatoes and plantain.

http://www.deltastate.com.ng/Local-Government/ika-north-east-local-government.html

IKA STILL REMAINS IGBO.
kelsy@aol.com kelechukwu 12.02.2012, 11:12pm

No matter how hard some people(anti igbo) try to disassociate ikas as igbos the truth is still there for all to see.Good a thing not all ikas think otherwise!...I have read a lot of write ups and interviews from Dr Kunirum Osia whos is from igbo speaking part of delta state and i am like,WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS MAN??..all you could deduce from his works and interviews are totally ANTI IGBO!..To what gainis this suppose to be a divide and rule game?Why cant we retain our igbo identity?Even with the Anioma State we all want,some people still want to make Anioma a new ethnic group.What is really wrong with us?I need answers.

http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?mod=comment&article=207

Re: Origin of the Ika people
Afamdememe@yahoo.com Oriahi, Matthew Afamefune 03.26.2012, 09:08am

According to your articles, one Ika community was founded by Ibo imigrants from Nri. the other by Oba's sons from Benin and today they speak the same Igboid language.. The title of our kings is Obi, an Ibo word, and the word Ali, prefix to the Bini word Ezomo as in Alizomo, found in both Ika communities, is Ibo. Question is: At what point did the Ibo imigrants overwhelm tbe Bini founders and foisted their languange on them? Also could the Ikas found in Benin towns like Owa & Iru not be captives of war?

Nobi me write these things sir, na your people
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by dafuturis(m): 11:47am On Apr 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

so let us take the Okowa, what does it mean...i said that I will never take you serious, Ifeanyi, the obis in Ika will talk that they are not igbo and I will believe them not you, nobody knows you or your family name, in short you are not an authority so your word is just ranting and does not matter, I will advise you to stop using "WE" but use "I" . i have many IKA friends nad they say they are pure igbo like those in Owa, Umunede, Egbuoma et al

Ika South Local Government

Agbor is the headquarters of Ika South LGA and is spread out on hills and a deep valley, the Orogodo valley. It has an area of 89 square kilometres and an estimated population of 155,922 people. The LGA comprises two clans divided into twelve wards, namely Agbor and Abavo, each with its own traditional ruler. The people speak Ika, a dialect of Igbo language and are well known for their farming prowess with the largest foodstuff market in the state.

http://www.deltastate.com.ng/Local-Government/ika-south-local-government.html

Ika North East Local Government
Owa-Oyibu, a growing town near Agbor, is the headquarters of Ika North East LGA, and like their brothers in the south the people speak Ika, an Igbo dialect. The LGA was created in September 1991, occupies a land area of 28.45square kilometres and has a population of about 144,270 . There are nine clans, namely, Owa, Ute-Ogbeje, Ute-Okpu, Umunede, Idumuesah, Igbodo, Otolokpo and Mbiri spread out into fourteen (14) wards. Each of these clans operates as a separate and independent entity under its own traditional ruler. They are well known for their farming prowess producing yam, cassava, melon, maize, tomatoes and plantain.

http://www.deltastate.com.ng/Local-Government/ika-north-east-local-government.html

IKA STILL REMAINS IGBO.
kelsy@aol.com kelechukwu 12.02.2012, 11:12pm

No matter how hard some people(anti igbo) try to disassociate ikas as igbos the truth is still there for all to see.Good a thing not all ikas think otherwise!...I have read a lot of write ups and interviews from Dr Kunirum Osia whos is from igbo speaking part of delta state and i am like,WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS MAN??..all you could deduce from his works and interviews are totally ANTI IGBO!..To what gainis this suppose to be a divide and rule game?Why cant we retain our igbo identity?Even with the Anioma State we all want,some people still want to make Anioma a new ethnic group.What is really wrong with us?I need answers.

http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?mod=comment&article=207

Re: Origin of the Ika people
Afamdememe@yahoo.com Oriahi, Matthew Afamefune 03.26.2012, 09:08am

According to your articles, one Ika community was founded by Ibo imigrants from Nri. the other by Oba's sons from Benin and today they speak the same Igboid language.. The title of our kings is Obi, an Ibo word, and the word Ali, prefix to the Bini word Ezomo as in Alizomo, found in both Ika communities, is Ibo. Question is: At what point did the Ibo imigrants overwhelm tbe Bini founders and foisted their languange on them? Also could the Ikas found in Benin towns like Owa & Iru not be captives of war?

Nobi me write these things sir, na your people

Oga, I've seen that crap thread here on NL. WE ARE NOT IGBO, am not in the mood to start pushing this discuss. Get that..
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by dafuturis(m): 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

You dey crase oooolol
If you stop it what will you bear....oyibo names ?
Guy,nobody forced you to answer Igbo names. Its the Igbo in you that is resurfacing....lol
Its like your past...You can't run away from it....Its in your mind....lol

Bro, we've our own unique names, names like Owanrieho, Okonta, Onyiebe, Dumbiri, Ugeluge (these are few last names within my extended family), they are not Igbo names. Our association with Igbo migrants is one of the reason(s) young Ikas bear Igbo names today. My aunts and uncles above 50 years of age do not have Igbo names but pure Ika names.

My name 'Ndubuisi' is suppose to be spelled Nduwuiisi, but officially I use the Igbo format.

For example, in my village, Oyoko, we have many Igbos who have been living here for over 50 years, they own farms, you won't notice they are igbos except you're told. Same thing in Agbor and others.
These changes were due to association with the Igbos.
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by tonychristopher: 4:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
dafuturis:

Bro, we've our own unique names, names like Owanrieho, Okonta, Onyiebe, Dumbiri, Ugeluge (these are few last names within my extended family), they are not Igbo names. Our association with Igbo migrants is one of the reason(s) young Ikas bear Igbo names today. My aunts and uncles above 50 years of age do not have Igbo names but pure Ika names.

My name 'Ndubuisi' is suppose to be spelled Nduwuiisi, but officially I use the Igbo format.

For example, in my village, Oyoko, we have many Igbos who have been living here for over 50 years, they own farms, you won't notice they are igbos except you're told. Same thing in Agbor and others.
These changes were due to association with the Igbos.

All the names u mentioned are still igbo names and apart from the urwh...whatever so get a grip yourself ..you are not an authority in ika identity so nobody takes u serious
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by tonychristopher: 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
dafuturis:

Oga, I've seen that crap thread here on NL. WE ARE NOT IGBO, am not in the mood to start pushing this discuss. Get that..

Sir use I instead of we pls ..my in laws are ika and they say they are pure igbo ..we know that there are still sons of refugees there and we acknowledge their ancestry but we have also pure bloods and u know it by their igbo surname Like okowa okonta. Osakwe chukwume etc

So it depends on the side u fall into ..either pure blood or .....

Pure blood have spoken and they have never denied igbo ..such as obi etc
Re: DELTA State Governorship Election Result by Gr8amechi: 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

Sir use I instead of we pls ..my in laws are ika and they say they are pure igbo ..we know that there are still sons of refugees there and we acknowledge their ancestry but we have also pure bloods and u know it by their igbo surname Like okowa okonta. Osakwe chukwume etc

So it depends on the side u fall into ..either pure blood or .....

Pure blood have spoken and they have never denied igbo ..such as obi etc
lolz see its relative, one thing I want you to know is we(deltans) don't live like the across Niger igbo, just look at how patient okowa has been, and remember anything about dividing Nigeria know it Delta is not part of Biafra the river is the boundary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Akpabio Lands In Akwa Ibom Ahead Of His Defection To APC. Photos / Governor Tambuwal's Convoy Attacked In Sokoto, Man Killed (Graphic Photo) / Atiku Heads For London In Last-Ditch Effort To Woo Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.