Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers (17471 Views)

8 Killed In Zamfara Over "Blasphemy Against Islam" / DSS After Dasuki To Recover Tape Of Jega's Pre-election Secret Meeting With Nort / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by Drsheddy(m): 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
Oh God have Mercy on us. 1st person on d 2nd page again. Baba God Wola ukolo Mojima we du ooo shocked
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by oweman: 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
Did the Rivers Governor turn that state into violent centre or is the south south people GENETICALLY violent from birth ?
What I saw on channel tv some minutes ago is quite shameful , that atually gave me better idea on why a carpenter based in rivers to relocate home for election time . You people are a different thing .
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by olabamiji09(m): 7:36pm On Apr 11, 2015
Mr Rotimi is very determine to b in charge in Rivers but rivers pple will decide. #LETRIVERSDECIDE
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by galadee(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
embarassed

Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by Kinkale(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
kropelgrada:
In my own opinion of the two evils in Rivers State(Amechi and Wike),Nyesom Wike is the lesser evil.
It's not a big surprise that Wike is winning because the people of Rivers State knows that Amechi and his cohorts cannot be trusted with the affairs of Rivers State for the next 4 years.

truth is ameachi has lost the favour of the pple.. Pple feel its his fault dat rivers in hot and divided... And its partly his fault...

Dakuku's greatest undoing was to join body with ameachi
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by peegirl(f): 7:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
thinkdip:
Amaechi indirectly turns rivers into a violent state.
Diahorria of d mouth!!! Have you thot to ask wat pej is doing here in rivers state where she did not register?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by donezra(m): 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
Please what part of Oyigbo did that happen.
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by dougivilla(m): 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amaechi why

And he will keep behaving like the victim.

What a governor?
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by Guliver(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
thunder fire wiked woke wit him suporter.dakuku we know.wike a traitor .tells ikuru ntorrrr :Pthunder fire wiked woke wit him suporter.dakuku we know.wike a traitor .tells ikuru ntorrrr

1 Like

Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by williams080: 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
May God assist and intercede for the people of River state to choose their rightful Governor! Killing of innocent people is evil whoever that is engaging in such act should desist from it, whatever u sow u will always reap it
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by momo22: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
Gejpresident:
let them spill one million blood

wike must win

God bless PDP

God bless southern Nigeria
"Wike must win" Language of riggers.

1 Like

Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
If Wike win I will pack my bag and baggage out of the state, because safety of life and property is not guaranteed under wike. I can't afford to go back to the era of gun shot morning greetings, robbery broad daylight. Rivers people need to thank Amaechi for coming to the rescue, wike will definitely mobilised those thugs back to the state should he win.

1 Like

Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by Hearme(m): 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
WIKE = We Intend Killing Education

1 Like

Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by SStoneCCold: 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
galadee:
embarassed
It's obvious you are a goat. I therefore rest my case.
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by arimahoseloka(m): 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
do we have an exsisting government in this country? what the hell is happening in rivers state? Amaechi please exercise your powers as governor.
i dont understand why measures cant be put in place to stop this madness. its really a shame. police and military presence yet they cant do anything tangible. the election in rivers state should be cancelled immediately.
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by cocokiller1(f): 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2015
Kinkale:
There really was no election in rivers state.. It was a situation of the best rigger takes all... In eteo, one of apc chieftains carried boys and pursued voters, in ebubu, one apc chieftain put the ballot box in his car and was driving, pdp thugs followed with assorted guns, shooting sporadically... In ogale, apc boys blocked inec office since friday cos they said the rigging pdp did in presidential wouldn't be done in gubernatorial..

In summary rivers was hell
abeg no veex whr eteo,ebubu nd ogale dey 4 rivers state?never heard of such names
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by sexyjob(m): 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
oweman:
Did the Rivers Governor turn that state into violent centre or is the south south people GENETICALLY violent from birth ?
What I saw on channel tv some minutes ago is quite shameful , that atually gave me better idea on why a carpenter based in rivers to relocate home for election time . You people are a different thing .
I smell trash. Ooo! It's you. Why are you spewing trash?
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by guiddoti: 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
lalasticlala:
No fewer than eight persons, including a policeman were killed yesterday before actual voting started at the Governorship and State Houses of Assembly elections in Rivers State.

The policeman was killed early on Saturday morning at the Rex-Lawson area of the old Port Harcourt Township even before accreditation commenced.

Though the cause of the cop’s death death was not known, but the State‎ Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ahmad Muhammad who confirmed the killing said there were traces of violence before the policeman died.

Muhammad said, “The policeman killed was one of those deployed to monitor the elections today (Saturday). We see that there was evidence of violence before he was killed. His remains has been moved from to a nearby morgue and we (Police) have commenced investigation into the killing.”

The police image maker however said over 17, 000 policemen were deployed to monitor the poll across the state, with a minimum of two policemen in each polling unit.

It was gathered that one person was beheaded, while two others were shot dead in Asari-Toru local government area of the state, even as hoodlums stormed office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and reportedly threw substances suspected to by dynamite into INEC office, destroying election materials and vehicles‎.

Though, cause of the killings was not immediately ascertained, but it may not be unconnected with power tussle between the two main political parties in the state.

Also, eyewitnesses said there were heavy shootings on Friday night preceding the election‎ up until about 7.00 am yesterday (Saturday) morning in Buguma, headquarters of Asari-Toru local government area, even as supporters of parties were spotted burning tyres on the main road.

The situation heightened tension in the area, while many residents stayed at home for fear of being hit by stray bullet.

Meanwhile, in Rumuomasi, a reporter with Channels Television, Grace Ekang and his reporter, were attacked and beaten by angry youths, though the details of the attack was not clear.

Also, in Bomu, Gokana local government area, a reporter with Silverbird Rhythm FM, Ofonime Okon was beaten by thugs who asked if he was sent by a particular governorship candidate in the state, even as he scampered for safety, while the vehicle (Toyota) e was travelling in was damaged.

Also, in Okpogo community, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni local government area, a group of youths reportedly snatched ballot boxes, while two unidentified men were shot dead.

In Abua/Odual local government area, there was shooting which resulted in the loss of one live, though the police was yet to confirm, even as policemen and other security personnel were spotted along Omuku town looking for hoodlums who allegedly snatched ballot box.

It was also gathered that the residence of the State Commissioner for Women Affairs, Mrs. Joyba West was burnt by unknown hoodlums, while she was also attacked.

The State Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari confirmed the attack on Mrs. West, saying her colleague was still hiding.

Meanwhile, Governor Chibuike Amaechi and his wife, Judith after being accredited at ward in Ubima, Ikwerre local government area described the election in the state as a charm.

Amaechi while speaking with newsmen said the Governorship and House‎ of Assembly Election was characterized by ballot box snatching, intimidation and harassment.

This is as Amaechi has disown a text messages allegedly traced to him calling on Rivers people not to vote and for the election to be cancelled, even as he said his phone number was cloned.

The governor who spoke through the spokesman of the state government, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari in a statement said her principal had no time called on INEC to cancel the poll.

The statement reads, “The attention of the Rivers State Government has been drawn to SMS message purporting the cancellation of elections in the state by the Independent Electoral Commission.

“The state governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi hereby reaffirms his position that the elections must hold as scheduled and that all eligible voters in the state should go out and exercise their rights to elect the next Governor and members of the State House of Assembly.

“Rivers people are further reassured of the Government commitment to ensuring their safe and security at the elections.”

In Oyigbo local government area, explosion from‎ substances suspected to be dynamite went off near a polling unit, but voters defied the development and later went to be accredited before 1.00 pm.

http://leadership.ng/news/politics/424855/8-killed-pre-election-violence-in-rivers
The thug-master, Wike is chief executioner of all criminal activities in Rivers state. Police take note
cc lalasticlala
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by simdam500(m): 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
cry cry what has my country turn itself to? Too bad!!!

Rip to the dead
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by Kinkale(m): 12:12am On Apr 12, 2015
cocokiller1:
abeg no veex whr eteo,ebubu nd ogale dey 4 rivers state?never heard of such names

in eleme lga of rivers state.. Thats were i stay and thats Y i tlked bou dre
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by Noblechykk(m): 12:41am On Apr 12, 2015
arimahoseloka:
do we have an exsisting government in this country? what the hell is happening in rivers state? Amaechi please exercise your powers as governor.
i dont understand why measures cant be put in place to stop this madness. its really a shame. police and military presence yet they cant do anything tangible. the election in rivers state should be cancelled immediately.
U're wrong. Amechi and his parry went to court to stop the deployment of soldiers for the election.
Re: 8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers by cocokiller1(f): 8:09am On Apr 12, 2015
Kinkale:

in eleme lga of rivers state.. Thats were i stay and thats Y i tlked bou dre
ok
thanks so much
m not 4rm eleme tho,u can't blame me....don't really knw much about eleme...only get to pass through eleme wen I'm goin to my village or uyo

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Grills Muiz Banire, As Iyiola Omisore Returns N350million / Why Senate Rejected Jacob Daodu, Ondo Ambassadorial Nominee / Naira Redesign: Senate Seeks Deadline Extension To June 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.