Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,222 members, 7,853,164 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard (63671 Views)

Edo Governorship Election: Unofficial Results - Vanguard / #riversrerun: Early Results Emerge / Early Results From Bayelsa Election -vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:57am On Apr 12, 2015
Cleanman:

Can a yoruba man vie for governorship post in Anambara? Or wouldn't you mind if a yoruba man be the obi of onitsha?

You ibos have taunted your host and alerted them to your cunning agendas...
Prepare to Bear the consequences.

A Yoruba should have the right to be the governor of Anambra State, it is his constitutionally guaranteed right.

As for the Obi of Onitsha, it is not a government post and that post cannot be contested even by an Obosi man. Are Igbos contesting for the Oba of Lagos?

My friend think like an enlightened fellow

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by samtol4(m): 2:02am On Apr 12, 2015
July2050:

We accommodated you and you decided to take our land from us. Shebi you have won house of reps seats in Lagos abi?

Just wait. Una just start. All the laws that we couldn't uphold in Lagos just because sw didn't have the centre will now be enforced. Starting with movie pirates. I hear they like to challenge law enforcement agents. Well, the police will start their work from may 29.

You will all have no choice but to leave Lagos. All those rep seats will be collected back in the next elections trust me.

We have started an awareness campaign against foreigners who want to take our land from us.

Every action has consequences. You have decided to play power politics on our soil. Get ready for the consequences.
I am surprise at your myopic,devilish and childish comment."Foreigners want to take our land"shame on you .The same comment made by King of Zulu land in South Africa last week and hundreds of foreigners killed and thousands homeless . Are they not paying for the land ?are the land free?The same excuse the Zulus are using in their current Xenophobia attacks on foreigners in Durban .
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by samtol4(m): 2:09am On Apr 12, 2015
HANDSOMETOKS:

Welcome to Yoruba Heritage Defence League(YHDL). We are Yorubas first before we are Nigerians. We are not preaching/promoting violence against anybody but laws that will prevent immigrants from abusing our highly placed Kings and ancestral heritages.

We have learnt and still learning from all the mistakes of our forefathers. And as a result of our past mistakes, we Yoruba youths have decided to come up with Yoruba Heritage Defence League(YHDL).

I ll be creating a Facebook Account for this as soon as possible so as to draw the attention of brothers and sisters in diaspora and within Nigeria state.

Feel free to PM if you can organise and coordinate activities within your local areas.

Finally, we are not preaching or promoting violence against anybody but promoting the interest of Yoruba Nation within Nigeria state.
"immigrants abusing our highly placed kings"did u hear Emir of kano making such comment? Youths in other countries of the world are making innovations u re busy here galvanizing on heritage defense .wake up this is 21st Century

THANKS.

Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by samtol4(m): 2:10am On Apr 12, 2015
[quote author=samtol4 post=32620986][/quote]
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by treasuremi1(m): 2:23am On Apr 12, 2015
And all these comments the results of election results in Lagos?
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by samtol4(m): 2:29am On Apr 12, 2015
Cleanman:

Can a yoruba man vie for governorship post in Anambara? Or wouldn't you mind if a yoruba man be the obi of onitsha?

silly and myopic comments .did any igbo man contest for Governorship post in Lagos ?or did they aspire to be Oba of Lagos?
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 12, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

A Yoruba should have the right to be the governor of Anambra State, it is his constitutionally guaranteed right.

As for the Obi of Onitsha, it is not a government post and that post cannot be contested even by an Obosi man. Are Igbos contesting for the Oba of Lagos?

My friend think like an enlightened fellow

STFU. Dumb ass
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by Sodiumdawg: 4:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Cleanman:

You are taking it too far.

How many Yoruba traders are hitting it big in Alaba and Idumota?

I've been there and it looks like an all-Igbo affair to me.
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by rodbel(m): 6:24am On Apr 12, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Like I said to your fellow dumb tribalist

Arnold Schwarzenegger that became a governor in America was not originally American.

Barrack Obama was not originally an American.

Many British Ministers were not originally British, an example is Chuka Umunna!

We are just talking about Igbos in Lagos contesting for democratic roles, what of when a Ghanian living in Nigeria tries to do same.

Africans are too fvcking backwards. gosh

And you'll forever remain a slowpoke if you think that will see the light of day in africa where ethnicity is rife. Don't worry. Agbaje is coming to govern you guys in Abia come 2019. And I'll be running for state house of assembly in Enugu cheesy
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by Vanpascore(m): 6:36am On Apr 12, 2015
treasuremi1:
And all these comments the results of election results in Lagos?

I wonder ooo
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by Reference(m): 6:42am On Apr 12, 2015
The world is becoming a global village. Britons of Nigerian heritage are being elected in to the House. In Europe, North America, heck, a black, non caucasian is the President of the United States today. That is progress. That is change. Before you can change others you must believe in what you preach. What is happening in Lagos, a former FEDERAL capital built with the commonwealth into what it is today. Sliding back and back into a normal state. Lagos is what it is today because of the constitutional policy of Federal Character. It is cosmopolitan today because we donot operate as a true Federation. The centre is mighty and its influence shapes society. And once a society is shaped it either conforms, reforms or dies.

What we see are the subtle beginnings of the latter. Should it worsen people will simply weigh whether it is worth it and start seeking alternatives. No doubt. Population is the driving force behind the economy of Lagos. It has no other natural resources beyond its people, their talents and assets. An attack on its people is an attack on its resources. Be very wary. History is filled with stories of the rise and fall of great empires, colonies, territories and cities due to a myriad of reasons. Ethnic divisions is one of them.

Every civil strife is caused by ignorance and a breakdown in communications. The learned ones will oft allow the thugs lead but suffer more the consequences. They should speak out now.
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by calcal: 8:47am On Apr 12, 2015
Those Igbos that visited the Oba palace should be arrested immediately for questioning...possible deporting them from Yooba land.
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by ogene007: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2015
rodbel:

"Grow by the day" then you want to make laws to govern us in our own state. How awesome. We won't allow you Igbos recreate an isreali-palestine situation here. You all have overstepped your boundaries and this is a wake up call. We are going to put you all where you belong.

I guess your type are filthy liars who live by lies, and I will explain. Every time you recite the national pledge, you lie when you say ''I pledge to Nigeria my country'', you also lie when you end it by 'to defend her unity, and uphold her honor and glory, so help me God''. Until the day your type start pledging to Ododuwa your fairytail kingdom, you guys will remain nothing other than silly noise makers. You can be rest assured that when that day comes, the people of the niger delta will also pledge to ensure that never again will the Hausa/Fulani and their southwest slaves, touch their resources. Silly people with their silly Oba.
Re: Update On Lagos Early Results - Vanguard by rodbel(m): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2015
ogene007:

I guess your type are filthy liars who live by lies, and I will explain. Every time you recite the national pledge, you lie when you say ''I pledge to Nigeria my country'', you also lie when you end it by 'to defend her unity, and uphold her honor and glory, so help me God''. Until the day your type start pledging to Ododuwa your fairytail kingdom, you guys will remain nothing other than silly noise makers. You can be rest assured that when that day comes, the people of the niger delta will also pledge to ensure that never again will the Hausa/Fulani and their southwest slaves, touch their resources. Silly people with their silly Oba.

How ironic. If you were so bent on defending the honour and glory of our dear country. Why did you and your kinsmen vote GEJ in your region even in d face of massive corruption and looting of the common wealth of the nation? You dare call me a liar when you and your kin left the truth and decided to allow lies govern your existence.

I'm not surprised. You always claim victim even when your downfall came from your own hands.

Gerroutofhere!!! Dumbo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu: Without Me, Buhari Would Have Lost In 2015 / Meet Emmanuel Ezugwu: Military War Vehicle Named After Him / Nigerian Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram, Garnish Their Jollof Rice With Snake Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.