Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? (13846 Views)

What Can Be Grown In The North That Can Not Be Grown In The South? / My Grown/ready To Harvest Fish Pond / Sorghum Grown In Anambra State To Be Used By Many Industries(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Gerrard59(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
Where can I get Alfalfa crop?

Can it be cultivated in Nigeria?

Need it desperately.

Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Hassan9786: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Alfalfa is a temperate climate legume.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
Gerrard59:

Need it desperately.

It can. I believe you can also buy the seeds in Nigeria. A while ago a cattle farmer in Nassarawa state did offered to sell me the seeds, but I was not interested. Why do u need Alfalfa, if you dont mind me asking?
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Gerrard59(m): 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
Maple:

It can. I believe you can also buy the seeds in Nigeria. A while ago a cattle farmer in Nassarawa state did offered to sell me the seeds, but I was not interested. Why do u need Alfalfa, if you dont mind me asking?

That's dairy cattle best feed. Plan to start a dairy coy and you and I know ( from your comments on this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1812127/cattle-fattening-goat-farming-dairy.) that dairy cows need to be fed well to produce a required quantity and quality of milk.

Can it grow in Akwa Ibom State?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
Gerrard59:

That's dairy cattle best feed. Plan to start a dairy coy and you and I know ( from your comments on this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1812127/cattle-fattening-goat-farming-dairy.) that dairy cows need to be fed well to produce a required quantity and quality of milk.

Can it grow in Akwa Ibom State?

Alfalfa is good, its known for its high energy value which also support milk production. I'm sure it'll grow there. FYI, there are forages out there which are equally good, if not better. It'll help to find out the nutritional values of forages that are readily available in your area. Example, Maize (silage/forage) in terms of high milk yield, is better.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Seun(m): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
I'd also love to get some alfalfa seeds. Any place to check in Lagos?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Seun:
I'd also love to get some alfalfa seeds. Any place to check in Lagos?
The PM feature isn't working. I've been trying to send PMs all day but it isn't working.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by majinice07: 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
what's the name of alfalfa in Hausa please and can it grow I. Adamawa state? really need it for my rabbits.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
Please i need help, Where can i get alfafa in warri nigeria or its local nigeria names?
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by agatl: 12:33am On Dec 06, 2016
Hello there. Our company is African Green Agricultural Trade Limited. We are registered in Nigeria and have Australian owners as part of our corporate structure. We are looking at the demand for Alfalfa (also known as Lucerne) in Nigeria. Our website is www.agatl.com

Anyone who is interested in purchasing alfalfa seeds can you please contact us on info@agatl.com

We are looking forward to working with you to increase agricultural output in Nigeria and the West African region.

1 Like

Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by PSTFURO(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
agatl:
Hello there. Our company is African Green Agricultural Trade Limited. We are registered in Nigeria and have Australian owners as part of our corporate structure. We are looking at the demand for Alfalfa (also known as Lucerne) in Nigeria. Our website is www.agatl.com

Anyone who is interested in purchasing alfalfa seeds can you please contact us on info@agatl.com

We are looking forward to working with you to increase agricultural output in Nigeria and the West African region.
Your website is not responding , check your website.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
Shey human being and cow go come de compete for water leave now? Na water leave be dat na.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by DeKen: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
Did you ever get this? And were you successful in your Cattle rearing?

Gerrard59:

Need it desperately.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Gerrard59(m): 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
DeKen:
Did you ever get this? And were you successful in your Cattle rearing?

I could have gotten it but I suspended the cattle business. Damn expensive and it is best managed as a cooperative instead of one man's business.

1 Like

Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
Gerrard59:

I could have gotten it but I suspended the cattle business. Damn expensive and it is best managed as a cooperative instead of one man's business.
Care to share more light on this please?,a friend plans on setting up a ranch coming January.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by davillian(m): 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
What is alfalfa called in Nigeria ?
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Gerrard59(m): 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
frenzyduchess:
Care to share more light on this please?,a friend plans on setting up a ranch coming January.

This thread will do justice.

https://www.nairaland.com/1812127/cattle-fattening-goat-farming-dairy

Best wishes to your friend.
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
Gerrard59:

This thread will do justice.

https://www.nairaland.com/1812127/cattle-fattening-goat-farming-dairy

Best wishes to your friend.
thanks
Re: Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It? by imhere: 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
Call for alfalfa seed 080 three five 9 six 5 four o5

The rainning season is gradually whinning down, very soon everywhere will become dry. Have you made provision for your livestock? Know this! A well fed animal attracts premium price, festivals are around the corner.
Plant alfalfa seeds now so they can establish before the weather becomes harsh and you will have to do more work to make them grow well.

(1) (Reply)

Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production / Fish Or Poultry Farming, Who Knows / Start Agriculture And Export Business , Get Your Soft Copy For Free!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.