Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? (1356 Views)

The 4 Best Web Hosts For Nigeria Websites (& 4 To Avoid) - Bitcatcha.com / . / I Need Help On Making My Web Page Responsive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by someCoolDude87: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hello Geeks, Help a fellow on how to deploy his apps to online servers. I have a number of projects built using Asp.net mvc and wish to deploy them online.

Any Hosting Providers In the house who can host them for me? How do I go about it?
Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by ZinoFego: 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
1. Register and host a domain name. (This is usually done together and generally called "hosting"wink). After your website is successfully hosted, you will be given a username and password to sign into your website's control panel.

2. Uploading your website.

Option: A. Through your control panel.

i. Zip all the files of the website that you have already created in your computer that you want to upload online.
ii. Log in to your website control panel that you have hosted (Your website host will provide you a link to your website control panel and login details (Username & Password)
iii. Locate "File Manager" folder among the files in your control panel and click on it to open it
iv. Locate "public_html" or "www" folder inside the "File Manager" folder and click it to open it
v. Locate and click UPLOAD. You'll usually find the UPLOAD link/button at the top of the page.
vi. Click BROWSE to locate the Zipped File in your website and select it. The Zipped file will be uploaded into the "public_html" or "www" folder. You can actually upload your Zipped File into any other folder of your choice in your control panel but because you are a newbie, let's stick to the "public_html" or "www" folder.
vii. After the upload is completed, locate the Zipped file inside your "public_html" or "www" folder and click on it once. Look at the top of the page, you will see Extract, click on it, you will be prompted to consent that the Zipped File should be extracted and then all the files will be extracted into your "public_html" or "www" folder or any other folder you may choose.

Your website should run if you type your domain name into any browser.

Please Note: You may be required to import your database(s).

Option: B. Using FTP (File Transfer Protocol)

i. Download FTP. You can get a free FTP called Filezilla at https://filezilla-project.org/index.php
ii. Install the downloaded FTP (Filezilla) program into your computer and open it
iii Connect your online control panel
1. Enter your HostsadYourDomainName),
2. Enter your Username: (This is provided to you when you host your website, it is the Username of your website control panel)
3. Enter your Password: (This is provided to you when you host your website, it is the Password of your website control panel)
4. Click Quickconnect.

You can have a look at the image attached to see how Filezilla works.

To be CONTD....

someCoolDude87:
Hello Geeks, Help a fellow on how to deploy his apps to online servers. I have a number of projects built using Asp.net mvc and wish to deploy them online.

Any Hosting Providers In the house who can host them for me? How do I go about it?

1 Share

Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by someCoolDude87: 12:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Thanks, ZinoFego. Expecting the remaining part. Meanwhile, do you have any good host providers you can suggest I host with?
Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by ZinoFego: 12:47am On Apr 12, 2015
I run a hosting firm http://SpringWebHost.com . It's affiliated to a foreign hosting company.

That's where all my websites and those of my clients are.

someCoolDude87:
Thanks, ZinoFego. Expecting the remaining part. Meanwhile, do you have any good host providers you can suggest I host with?
Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by someCoolDude87: 8:40am On Apr 12, 2015
ZinoFego:
I run a hosting firm http://SpringWebHost.com . It's affiliated to a foreign hosting company.

That's where all my websites and those of my clients are.

Many thanks, Bro. So you can host an Asp.net mvc app right? How much do you bill?
Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by ZinoFego: 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
No. We won't be able to host asp.net mvc app now because we currently offer Linux hosting only that supports PHP scripts.

As regards our bills, you can visit our hosting website http://SpringWebHoost.com to see our various plans and their features.

Thank you.

someCoolDude87:
Many thanks, Bro. So you can host an Asp.net mvc app right? How much do you bill?
Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by someCoolDude87: 8:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
ZinoFego:
No. We won't be able to host asp.net mvc app now because we currently offer Linux hosting only that supports PHP scripts.

As regards our bills, you can visit our hosting website http://SpringWebHoost.com to see our various plans and their features.

Thank you.

Thanks for your effort in replying my queries.
Actually, I'm conversant with uploading sites on to Linux servers. I have hosted a number of PHP sites (especially via ftp mode). What I need now is putting me through in hosting on to servers that support ASP.NET (MVC) sites.
Once again, Thank you very much.
Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by AdamPRO: 6:43am On Apr 13, 2015
someCoolDude87:

Hi There,

To publish your web application, you need to

1. Register your domain name.
2. Find hosting provider that support ASP.NET hosting. For asp.net hosting, I would recommend asphostportal.com or hostforlife.eu or you may try Azure too.

Below are steps to publish your ASP.NET to server:

1. Open your project via Visual Studio tool

2. On the Solution Explorer window, right click your project and select "Publish Website"

3. Please publish your website to your local folder, such as C:\Project

4. You will see all the files and subfolders on C:\Project, however, you will not see any code-behind files

5. Please upload whatever you see on C:\Project to the server via FTP

Please note that if your website does not even work on your local PC, it will never ever work on the server. This is why it is important to ensure that your site works on your local PC first

Also, please kindly add a customError tag on your web.config so that you can view the error message directly (if in case there is an error). This can be something like:

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
</customErrors>

Hope this help
Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by someCoolDude87: 12:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Thanks alot, AdamPRO.
Re: How Do I Deploy My Web Apps To Live Online Web Hosts? by eugy45(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdamPRO:

Hi There,

To publish your web application, you need to

1. Register your domain name.
2. Find hosting provider that support ASP.NET hosting. For asp.net hosting, I would recommend asphostportal.com or hostforlife.eu or you may try Azure too.

Below are steps to publish your ASP.NET to server:

1. Open your project via Visual Studio tool

2. On the Solution Explorer window, right click your project and select "Publish Website"

3. Please publish your website to your local folder, such as C:\Project

4. You will see all the files and subfolders on C:\Project, however, you will not see any code-behind files

5. Please upload whatever you see on C:\Project to the server via FTP

Please note that if your website does not even work on your local PC, it will never ever work on the server. This is why it is important to ensure that your site works on your local PC first

Also, please kindly add a customError tag on your web.config so that you can view the error message directly (if in case there is an error). This can be something like:

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
</customErrors>

Hope this help
Please bro which hosting service do u use since d transfer policy by FG. I tried Arvixe bh transaction nt through. I need solutn on which host to use

(1) (Reply)

I Need A High Traffic Website To Advertise My Website On / Active 10k Facebook Group For Sale / Latest Naijakit.com Wordpress Theme July 2019 Edition [free]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.