Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads (2101 Views)

Problem Using Fingerprint/biometrics Authentication On Lenovo Thinkpad X61s / Advice On Lenovo Ideapad G4070 Intel Dual Core,14 Inch Windows 8.1 Laptop / Advice On Lenovo Thinkpad X220T Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by Fulaman198(m): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
They are excellent laptops and I'm really enjoying mine at the moment. It definitely is the laptop for the engineer or the professional with its fantastic build-quality and tremendous keyboard.

I am now a firm believer of Think! (For Thinkpad and Thinkstations). I hope that I can convince my workplace to start using Lenovo Thinkstations (though they are a bit pricey). I just love it.

P.S. if you are a Macbook Pro/Air user then try Lenovo before you buy it. You will love it.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
so far we have bought 120 units of the T450s . sleek good battery life. but a bit worried about the frail looking screen.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by Fulaman198(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
voltron:
so far we have bought 120 units of the T450s . sleek good battery life. but a bit worried about the frail looking screen.

T450s are great laptops. I actually have a "W" series, but I don't think the screens are as frail as people think they are. I think if you touch other components of the laptop, it feels quite a bit more sturdy. What is your take on it?
Re: My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
Fulaman198:

T450s are great laptops. I actually have a "W" series, but I don't think the screens are as frail as people think they are. I think if you touch other components of the laptop, it feels quite a bit more sturdy. What is your take on it?

the W450 is a heavy duty Laptop. mine specifically comes with 64Gb ram and a 512gb ssd. solid performance. the t450s is great just that one must never make the mistake of sliding in documents envelopes under the screen as you carry it about. i give it an 8 out of 10. the X series are a real beauty
Re: My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by AAinEqGuinea: 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
I had a thinkpad once, had an issue with the faulty checksum with wifi's modulation of 'a' signals. This fault may have been isolated to this one machine.

It hung in there for many years before I scraped it. By then I needed an external fan to control the machine's heat among other annoyances, but I still have its HD enclosed and working as an external some 6 years later.
Re: My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by Fulaman198(m): 12:09am On Apr 12, 2015
voltron:

the W450 is a heavy duty Laptop. mine specifically comes with 64Gb ram and a 512gb ssd. solid performance. the t450s is great just that one must never make the mistake of sliding in documents envelopes under the screen as you carry it about. i give it an 8 out of 10. the X series are a real beauty

I have a W541 lol, mine has 28 gb of RAM and a 512gb SSD. It is solid performance indeed. Mine is just under 2.8 kg so it's not that heavy.
Re: My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by Fulaman198(m): 12:10am On Apr 12, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
I had a thinkpad once, had an issue with the faulty checksum with wifi's modulation of 'a' signals. This fault may have been isolated to this one machine.

It hung in there for many years before I scraped it. By then I needed an external fan to control the machine's heat among other annoyances, but I still have its HD enclosed and working as an external some 6 years later.

They are reliable machines indeed, no doubt about that.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by lazinny(m): 2:08am On Dec 04, 2015
anyone with a t450s for sale? am interested.
Re: My Thoughts On Lenovo Thinkpads by FestacGirl(f): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
i have a T440P
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
I5-4300M

a nice laptop, it doesnt look girly and not attractive most friends think it's an old laptop,
Mine is wearing off quick , body look's old because of scuff and scratch

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uk-used Laptops VS Brand New Laptops / Cheap USA Preowned Dell Inspiron N4110 Laptop / How To Make Google Chrome Run Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.