Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Threat Worked - MBU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Threat Worked - MBU (21693 Views)

My Threat Worked ─mbu / My Death Threat Worked In Lagos, Mbu Boasts - Punch / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Threat Worked - MBU by opiscopy(m): 7:12am On Apr 12, 2015
The Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of Zone 2, Joseph Mbu, says the threat he issued to kill 10 people for every policeman killed made the governorship and assembly elections to be peaceful in Lagos.

Mbu spoke on Saturday after monitoring the elections in some parts of the state with journalists.

The AIG visited the Ikeja, Agege, Alimosho, Somolu, Ogudu, Yaba, Lagos Island and Gbagada areas of Lagos State, among others.

There was no chaos or fight in all the areas as residents cheered the police team.

However, three people were arrested in the Ikeja GRA for moving around in their cars, while a passerby, who attempted recording the scene, was equally apprehended.

His Smartphone was smashed on the ground by a policeman.

At the end of the tour, Mbu lauded the courage of policemen in the state and the orderly conduct of the elections.

Asked what was responsible for the peaceful conduct of the elections, Mbu said, “Generally, people are becoming more and more mature.

“Also, the statement I made, which people misconstrued, also helped the police because people say, ‘this man has come o, and whatever he says, he means it’, and that instilled fear in them. Go and check all the places where I served, how many people have died? We don’t kill anyhow.

“But you have to instill fear so that people will have more respect for the police.

“Now we have succeeded as far as I am concerned.”

The AIG acknowledged some fracas in the Agric, Ikorodu area of the state, saying it was minor and the police were able to arrest the situation.

Source - www.Punchng.com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Fairgodwin(m): 7:16am On Apr 12, 2015
I agree with you, Mbu. Your men were really professional and conducted themselves very well. But next time guard your utterances and watch it!
Yes, you're one hell of a professional police officer I like and respect, no doubt - very passionate about your job. I wish every other policeman would be this committed and dedicated.
Hate him or love him, he's good.
#IG awaits you, sir.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by babs01(m): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2015
Mr. Mbu should be given a ministerial post under GMB. click like if u think so

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Princecalm(m): 7:19am On Apr 12, 2015
For him mind.

8 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by PerfectFortune: 7:22am On Apr 12, 2015
What threat? The APC's threat of taking you to ICC and having you stripped of your position did the magic either.

The people of Lagos and indeed the entire people of SW are too sophisticated; too enlightned for you to mess with.

Sure you have been thought a great lesson...

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by supersonic(m): 7:55am On Apr 12, 2015
So, this man actually made that threat? Why did he denied it when the HORs made some moves to investigate him? Mbu's second name should be "controversy"

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by jemype(m): 8:00am On Apr 12, 2015
Mbu is jus trying to be relevant after his people have left government. This article is more like "police confusionist for sale, apc buy me Abeg oo"
opiscopy:

The Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of Zone 2, Joseph Mbu, says the threat he issued to kill 10 people for every policeman killed made the governorship and assembly elections to be peaceful in Lagos.

Mbu spoke on Saturday after monitoring the elections in some parts of the state with journalists.

The AIG visited the Ikeja, Agege, Alimosho, Somolu, Ogudu, Yaba, Lagos Island and Gbagada areas of Lagos State, among others.

There was no chaos or fight in all the areas as residents cheered the police team.

However, three people were arrested in the Ikeja GRA for moving around in their cars, while a passerby, who attempted recording the scene, was equally apprehended.

His Smartphone was smashed on the ground by a policeman.

At the end of the tour, Mbu lauded the courage of policemen in the state and the orderly conduct of the elections.

Asked what was responsible for the peaceful conduct of the elections, Mbu said, “Generally, people are becoming more and more mature.

“Also, the statement I made, which people misconstrued, also helped the police because people say, ‘this man has come o, and whatever he says, he means it’, and that instilled fear in them. Go and check all the places where I served, how many people have died? We don’t kill anyhow.

“But you have to instill fear so that people will have more respect for the police.

“Now we have succeeded as far as I am concerned.”

The AIG acknowledged some fracas in the Agric, Ikorodu area of the state, saying it was minor and the police were able to arrest the situation.

Source - www.Punchng.com

20 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by sammyj: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2015
Sharap their you this monturu , which threat abeg go seat down !!!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Top78965: 8:16am On Apr 12, 2015
©

1 Like

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by sinizia: 8:17am On Apr 12, 2015
Hate this man, loathe him all you want, but one thing is for sure - he's a fighter and he delivers any time he's called upon.

I don't like him, but he's competent. cool

8 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by estyvino(m): 8:17am On Apr 12, 2015
He just revealed a great secret, he will never be taking seriously again

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by 1stola: 8:17am On Apr 12, 2015
Okay
Your next post will be sambisa
Lousy mumu

6 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by ElekeNtioba: 8:18am On Apr 12, 2015
The man has a point. If not for him APC would have won with massive rigging landslide. He kept Tinubu's thugs in check and gave PDP a fighting chance.

Infact, Mbu for IGP.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Adex097: 8:18am On Apr 12, 2015
stcheeeeww

meanwhile grin

23 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by ddippset(m): 8:18am On Apr 12, 2015
I don't like the man but I wish to look beyond his personality and look at his statement. I think he's very correct if you put it into perspective with what happened in rivers state. The level of human rights violation that took place in rivers state all in the name of presidential and gubernatorial elections is alarming. Even the ICC would be overwhelmed. Well what could anyone have expected when one party had control of the INEC, the civil defence, the SSS, the police, the army, and even the niger delta militants.

2 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by boolet: 8:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Lol
Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Ddonoflife(m): 8:18am On Apr 12, 2015
God bless nigeria

2 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 12, 2015
Mbu don dey fear the general's arrival grin grin, u dey chop ur words grin mbu badt guy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by symbianDON(m): 8:19am On Apr 12, 2015
mbu the stooge. there is nothing professional about him

7 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Tic4tac(m): 8:19am On Apr 12, 2015
Ok...happy Sunday grin
Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 12, 2015
Fairgodwin:
I agree with you, Mbu. Your men were really professional and conducted themselves very well. But next time guard your utterances and watch it!
Yes, you're one hell of a professional police officer I like and respect, no doubt - very passionate about your job. I wish every other policeman would be this committed and dedicated.
Hate him or love him, he's good.
#IG awaits you, sir.

@the bolded = In your dream.

21 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Kitsune: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Im sure Nigerians are very delighted to have a Law Enforcement authority threatening to Kill them, the people they're meant to serve and protect.

Then again you people allowed your police to be armed with AK-47's (an instant Kill weapon, so It seems their whole purpose was to Kill Nigerians afterall)

10 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by calmbabadee(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2015
M waitng for that useless buffon to come and shout 'MBU MY HERO'

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Mumu guy

2 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Nimblemind(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2015
When you give a drunkard a uniform and a gun, expect such statements!

8 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by tucky200(m): 8:22am On Apr 12, 2015
slowpoke is happy because they didn't kill any police offficer..what did u do about opc matchinh with cutlass,people that died in oshodi nko .....buhari must remove u stop formbuling

4 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by seedorfg(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2015
Mbu' PEJ bodyguard

2 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Raiders: 8:23am On Apr 12, 2015
Mbu, your days as a police officer are number

4 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by ALIEN2000(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2015
U say U go Finish 10 people if 1 policeman is Killed...Hmmmmm.....Baba LIFE CANNOT CANCEL LIFE......

THANK GOD SAY MBU NO BE GOD..

5 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 12, 2015
Okay. This was how I voted yesterday.
After accreditation, the voting started as soon as accreditations ended. As a young G, with my fellas in the queue, we were able to get the latest on the party that was sharing the DOE.
The PDP was rolling out 5H, but if you persist, they'll press you 1N.
Some other parties were sharing too, but the PDP was topping.
It struck me that I needed to recharge my line. Yeah, I was that broke at that moment. My fellas reasoned collecting PDP' s cabadise.
But, it struck my heart that I was about to do what Judas did.
A man, one wonderful man, put me through a comprehensive secondary school and didn't collect a dime till I graduated. He made me see places I wouldn't have seen or be to. Now through university, he's still been helping out big time.
Mehn, what the hell is 5H. Even if it's 10pin, it can't measure up, damn. Though the only reason that made me consider collecting the groudnut was the tought of recharging, feel me
But no, no, no.
I can't.
I wouldn't.
I casted my vote for my BENEFACTOR, Owelle, Anayo Rochas. He's a wonderful man. I'm sure you know that.
And I was able to convince ma peeps too, Though we almost convinced ourselves that we know Rochas will win, so our votes might not be necessary, let's collect this "robas" and move outta here.
But we all smile when we remember that we voted a Leader.
Thank you.
## Proudly Imolite.
##Proudy Nigerian
###Proudy Rochaite

21 Likes

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 12, 2015
PerfectFortune:
What threat? The APC's threat of taking you to ICC and having you stripped of your position did the magic either.

The people of Lagos and indeed the entire people of SW are too sophisticated; too enlightned for you to mess with.

Sure you have been thought a great lesson...

is mbu an AIG in the southwest or in Lagos ?

1 Like

Re: My Threat Worked - MBU by AsherStorm(m): 8:24am On Apr 12, 2015
alright but he won't smell IG post tho...

guys help me with a cheap but lovely roofing I can
use for this lil project
www.nairaland.com/2244788/pictorial-step-by-step-
process-construct-music

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tunde Lemo Appointed As Chairman Of FERMA By Buhari / Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku's Intels - NPA / U.S. Repatriates Another $20.6 Million Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.