Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated (45760 Views)

Malami Speaks On Abia Governorship, Asks Parties To Await Decision Of Courts / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / Why Investigation Into Ekiti-rigging Tape Is Stalemated – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by slap1(m): 7:50am On Apr 13, 2015
Kc3000:

Fool you once? When has a governor in Abia state ever been a stooge for his predecessor? Even Orji Kalu after all he did with and for TA Orji couldn't achieve the feat. Perhaps, folks who do not know how Ikpeazu emerged as the PDP flag-bearer might have their reservations. . .the Ngwa political structure probed their candidates, selected Ikpeazu and sought TA's support for his candidacy. TA had someone else in mind, but had to make the compromise as he needed their support to sail through to the senate(half of his constituency is Ngwa). Among those seeking TA's support at this point was non other than Alex Otti, but he was fraudulently masquerading as an Ngwa and wouldn't do. Was he in line to be TA's stooge?

If your grouse is with the political party, rest assured that Nigerian politicians do not perform based on their party affiliations. TA came into power through PPA, moved to APGA and then to PDP. . .at every point he was a non-performer. Alex Otti only decamped to APGA when he lost the PDP nomination, and I'm certain he did not shed his skin with the transition. He's the same character he was in PDP.

The Ngwa are part of the electorate, there is no collective will of the electorate without them. Their aspirations and desires are no less important than that of anyone else in the state. As stated earlier, we will not tolerate the hateful attempts to disenfranchise the Ngwa by all sorts of underhanded schemes, including voiding of votes in Ngwa territories. The decision to cede the governorship to the Ngwa was not reached on a whim, but was made a long time ago in the interest of equity and fair play. After the tenures of Ogbannaya Onu and Orji Kalu, both from Abia North at the time, most expected the governorship to swing south, but TA was foisted on us with the reasoning that he is from the central senatorial zone. The Ngwa patiently waited another 8 years through his terrible leadership. Any attempt to deny the Ngwa this time around would be met with a violent rejection.

The Ngwa would not be saddled with the failures of TA Orji, no matter what party he belongs to.

Ochendo was OUK's stooge before their bitter divorce and we are not sure that Dr. Okezie would be different. I understand your position on the issue of zoning, but that is the decision of some kingmakers; the voters were not privy to it and should therefore not be bound by it.

When you say the Ngwa cannot be saddled with the failures of Ochendo, it then means they should drum up support for their own, which has not been so as I've seen many Ngwa voice their support for Otti. The Ngwa should unite and peacefully take what they believe is theirs. The votes from Ngwa alone cannot achieve this, and as it stands, Okezie is not getting block votes from Ngwa, let alone other regions. It is unfortunate but it is increasingly looking like the Ngwa would be the scapegoats of Ochendo's bad leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by slap1(m): 7:58am On Apr 13, 2015
asha80:
it seems this is the situation as at now

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=10712&title=Update:-Alex-Otti-topples-Ikpeazu-in-Abia-guber-drama,-clears-Aba-South
I see, but votes from Obingwa are yet to come in. Ikpeazu could easily be in front with those. Barring any form of rigging, APGA would win. The majority will always triumph.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by liljboy(m): 7:59am On Apr 13, 2015
Williamso:
The alliance between the Ibos and PDP is a match made in heaven. Abia should continue to enjoy PDP, T.A. Orji and his products; afterall they voted for him (senate) and his wife (Reps). His stooge should be no different when it comes to gubernatorial (and I believe his son will win in the state house)...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
nobody ever did, twas rigged too
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Super1759: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Join the twitter trend #jegasaveabianow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Oceemo(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2015
Pls wch party is winning with d result announce so far?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Iceathome(m): 10:50am On Apr 13, 2015
Out of 14 LGAs announced... Apga is leading 8/6. Apga is taking Abia state by fire by force.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by nwadiuko1(m): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2015
papaejima1:

While I am inclined to align with your views about TA, I will disagree with you on Ikpeazu.
Political godfatherism in itself is not a bad thing, it is done the world over. What is bad is the level to which our people have taken it to mean an absolute sense of entitlement to the resources and commonwealth of the people.
Tinubu is and has been a godfather, but his stooges still deliver!

We should look at the individual and weigh him against his contemporaries, look at his blueprint for the state and evaluate his would be policies and not to judge him based on the shenanigan of an outgoing incumbent.

Otti in my opinion is far worse than Okezie!
The man has no specific agenda, no clearcut blueprint for development. His interest is to grab Power and that to me is desperation.

Otti came out some months ago to tell us the IFC had approved a Loan of $100 billion (USD) for him to use in developing Abia state. When we analysed it and confronted him with the fact that it would take 7 governors 8yrs each paying N30 billion monthly (total of 52yrs) to payback the loan, a supposed technocrat admitted to the Aba chamber if Commerce that it was a political statement!
Say what? A would-be governor starting off with such gargantuan lies?

It is on record that Otti was expecting TA to hand over to him, but when TA sacrificed him on the alter of his personal ambition, he ran into APGA and began to form holy-holy!

Otti and his cohorts bribed the REC with N300million to cancel the results of 3 LGAs whose results have previously been accepted hence the intervention of people like Akobundu and abaribe etc.

Let's get realistic for a moment. How can a REC cancel results for which the house of assembly members had been accepted, declared winners and given certificate of returns by same INEC!

So did the irregularities arise after the HOA members were returned by INEC or did INEC not see well before accepting the results and giving them certificates initially?

Otti is not the right choice for Abia, okezie is and we must learn to look at him beyond the glasses of TA who I myself abhor.
bros may God add 20 more years to your life....cos I never knew there are clear minded and analytical people like you here on niraland where most people are blinded by hate , injustice, tribalism and misrepresentation of facts

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by nwadiuko1(m): 11:00am On Apr 13, 2015
latestmodel:
"Ngwas" I beg to state my opinion; this is the worst tribe in Abia...Very sentimental and power drunk. What has being from Ngwa go to do with good Governance...The PDP dude is an offspring of the sitting Government and will forever dance to their tone.Whatever rocks the "Ngwas" boat
....I hope u guys won't come here to spew thrash when your so-called brother start being Loyal.

My Opinion...Differ with maturity and not rain abuse.
if you don't have any reasonable thing to say why not just shut up? Can you really repeat this in front of an ngwa man?

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by nwadiuko1(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2015
ndigbo:

Do you have proof ??
my younger brother works with INEC and I have more than enough evidence of the bribery......if you care to know pm me and we l meet,,

But on my own conditions
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Vikky014(f): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Eluala:
God will punish evil men with instant judgment. I feel like leading an online campaign against this TA Orji devil and his demon cohorts.

They will die shamefully for daring to steal the collective will if the people.
Pls do ooo ALEX MUST WIN
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Vikky014(f): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2015
chiobysyk:
after Alex had bribed Inec abia state with 300m what do you expect. but many youths here will open their mouth to spew trash. God punish you people. apga my foot
nt surprise! You hv ochendo car. TA orji jst paid some workers January salary last week. do you think they will vote for pdp?keep dreaming APGA must win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2015
nwadiuko1:
if you don't have any reasonable thing to say why not just shut up? Can you really repeat this in front of an ngwa man?

You are brainless..Power-Drunken peeps.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by jaymoni(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
papaejima1:

While I am inclined to align with your views about TA, I will disagree with you on Ikpeazu.
Political godfatherism in itself is not a bad thing, it is done the world over. What is bad is the level to which our people have taken it to mean an absolute sense of entitlement to the resources and commonwealth of the people.
Tinubu is and has been a godfather, but his stooges still deliver!

We should look at the individual and weigh him against his contemporaries, look at his blueprint for the state and evaluate his would be policies and not to judge him based on the shenanigan of an outgoing incumbent.

Otti in my opinion is far worse than Okezie!
The man has no specific agenda, no clearcut blueprint for development. His interest is to grab Power and that to me is desperation.

Otti came out some months ago to tell us the IFC had approved a Loan of $100 billion (USD) for him to use in developing Abia state. When we analysed it and confronted him with the fact that it would take 7 governors 8yrs each paying N30 billion monthly (total of 52yrs) to payback the loan, a supposed technocrat admitted to the Aba chamber if Commerce that it was a political statement!
Say what? A would-be governor starting off with such gargantuan lies?

It is on record that Otti was expecting TA to hand over to him, but when TA sacrificed him on the alter of his personal ambition, he ran into APGA and began to form holy-holy!

Otti and his cohorts bribed the REC with N300million to cancel the results of 3 LGAs whose results have previously been accepted hence the intervention of people like Akobundu and abaribe etc.

Let's get realistic for a moment. How can a REC cancel results for which the house of assembly members had been accepted, declared winners and given certificate of returns by same INEC!

So did the irregularities arise after the HOA members were returned by INEC or did INEC not see well before accepting the results and giving them certificates initially?

Otti is not the right choice for Abia, okezie is and we must learn to look at him beyond the glasses of TA who I myself abhor.
my broda shut if u don't have anything 2 say.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by Bigchief46(m): 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
Nothing like stalemate. CONFIRMED final collated Abia Guber results:- PDP: 297,046; APGA: 147, 081. Margin of PDP victory: 149,965 votes.
For those making noise over issues they do not understand. The Ukwa/Ngwa are the majority clan in Abia but since recorded history have never been Governor. They are the most marginalized group in Nigeria. Their situation in Abia is worse than that of the Igbo in Nigeria. Although they are the most hospitable and tolerant clan affording home & security to strangers, they are derided & held in contempt for their kindness. They occupy 9 of Abia's 17 LGAs. The second largest group the Umuahia occupy 3 LGAs. Arochukwu where Dr. Alex Otti comes from constitute just 1 LGA. Politics is a game of numbers. If a people of 9 LGAs who have never been Governor in all their history, particularly his own LGA, OBINGWA decide to come out enmass to vote for their son & make history; what is the surprise in that? The 82000 votes in OBINGWA is less than HALF of the total registered voters. So it is okay for Otti & APGA to just make a frivolous unsubstantiated allegation of rigging & then get votes from Ikpeazu's homeland cancelled? What is the proof? Just mere unfounded allegations? So if Jonathan alleged that Kano's 1.9 million votes and those of Katsina & Jigawa were rigged; they should have been cancelled so that he wins the elections? Ikpeazu has been officially declared winner of the election. Anyone with grievances should head to the Election Tribunal and prove his/her case

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by papaejima1: 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
jaymoni:
my broda shut if u don't have anything 2 say.
Look in the mirror son.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by bigmom: 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
Pls what is the final result.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by beembolar: 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
Abia state! The elections went free and fair in the area where I was an Ad hoc staff, the votes casted by the community was 71% for the APGA candidate Alex Otti! We were held hostage by the community in a bid to protecting their votes as if they knew there would be manipulations on the long run. Getting to the collation centre, we discovered APGA won with a wide margin for that whole ward. Later yesterday we heard results from obingwa isalangwa north and osisioma were cancelled which are the areas where the pdp candidate okezie ikpeazu want to use as strength. It is evident that Abians dont want Pdp in power as the governor but the influence of the incumbent governor made the REC and the RO rescind their decision. Now with the counting of the votes from those Local governments PDP is leading with over 80,000 votes. Can we see that there is so much irregularity in the polls am sure APGA will never accept the result, they will head for court if the result goes again them. But the question is will they WIN the case?

I rest my case. Ndi-Igbo... Ndewoo!!!
Re: Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated by pawpzman: 4:27pm On May 19, 2018
abia want change...T.A orji is a big fool and a failure..we just want Otti..SIMPLE!!!abia want change...T.A orji is a big fool and a failure..we just want Otti..SIMPLE!!!abia want change...T.A orji is a big fool and a failure..we just want Otti..SIMPLE!!!
Akpamu, how is the change so far?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC / How Abibatu Mogaji (Tinubu's Mother) Welcomed Awolowo From Prison In 1966

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.