Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. (2077 Views)

JTF Officials Manhandle Community Members In Bayelsa, Hold Them Hostage (photo) / Robbers Hold Children Hostage In Ondo, Lead Mother To Withdraw N90,000 / Esther Otubo-Nicole Traffics Nigerian Girls Into Prostitution In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by eyesofgod: 12:53am On Apr 13, 2015
Out of desperation on what to do I seek help from all nairalanders in order to save Chidozie Esther Stephanie held hostage somewhere in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.
She is 27 years old, fair in complexion, 5 ft 2in tall, dark eyed, baby-faced, ebullient lady from Aguleri, Anambra State and just graduated in December from Delta State Univesity Agbor campus.
She is an only surviving child: both parents are late.
We first met 7years ago while I was stationed in Agbor as a medical practitioner but have always maintained contact since my transfer to Warri, 2years later.

TIMELINE
In mid-February this year she called me from Asaba to complain about the worsening of her appendicitis symptoms which was so severe that she couldn't walk. She claimed the aunty she was living with doesn't have money. I sent her 20k and next day she told a friend of hers to help in taking her to St Luke Hospital, Asaba, where she was admitted and scheduled for surgery same day. I promised to call her next day and also to send additional money. However, for the next 3weeks, repeated calls of her line remained unanswered. Then I got this text sent by her friend using Stephanie's(Steph) phone

Steph's friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, Dis Steph friend the one dat took her to the hospital, she jst woke up saying she want to say her last word to u, rili don't kn wht to do anymore and am scared

I called the line but not picked, then

Steph' s friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, Jst do me a favour,will txt u where i will drop her so u will go pick her up urself. Don't want to be in problem. Was jst trying to help

Me: Why are u not answering my calls?
Me: Where is she?

Correspondence then stopped.

Three days later, Steph answered my call with a barely audible weak voice repeatedly demanding for water and food. What I could gather from her was that she doesn't know where she was or how long she's been there, bound hand and foot, lying on a bare floor, alone in an empty room with the doors locked. She was too weak to move and starving.
Communication stopped for a week, then I got this

Steph friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, Hi pls try and see if you can help with some money,we have really ran out of cash and she really need to take drip,her condition is getting worst.
Step friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, I try getting money from a friend yesterday but all to no avail,pls help with anything don't want her to die on me. Plss

Me: You are a very bad friend. I think you want her dead. For 3weeks now I've been calling day and night but u refused to pick the calls. I sent text asking u to tell me where she is you refused. How can u be that wicked.

Steph friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, Am not whom u think i am,dis never my planned 4 her. It was one of her uncle dat is forcing me to do wht i never hard in mind.

Me: Don't worry when u finally kill her God will reward u.
Many people and the police are involved in looking for her. I spoke with her on Sunday. I found out she sleeps on the bare floor, no water, no food, no light. If she dies you cannot escape. It is better you do something to save her.

Steph friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, Is the uncle dat force me to do dis. We are at ejebu ode now. Jst send money across i will send her bck and face the uncle pls.

Me: You are crazy.
Let me tell u, if she dies you will be caught using her phone book with mtn.
How can u be in ijebu ode? Are u a fool?
I should send u money? I will only do that if u can convince me u are not a 419.

Steph friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, God 4bid me being a 419. I will give her the phone so u can talk to her. And pls enough of the insult am only trying to help because of my conscience

Me: You are not a 419? You want me to believe u.
I sent money for her to be taken to hospital but you connived with her uncle and took her to ijebu ode. To do what? And you call yourself her friend.

Steph friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, If am not her friend i could have allow her uncle to kill her longtime ago. Steph could have been killed,but her spirit is very strong. I used d money on her

Me: Answer these questions
1. Why is she not in hospital after I sent money?
2. Why are the contacts in her phone deleted?
3. What is she doing in ijebu ode?
4. Why don't u answer my calls?

Steph friend: Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, I took her to my place becos d money they changed us in d hospital was much & d money u gave to her will not go anywhere,those contact jst deleted on its own,we went to ijebu ode because her uncle convince me dat there are some herbs dat work,& i refuse talking to u because i was scared?

Me: Just read what you wrote whether it makes sense to you.
Money was not enough so you took her home. When I called next day till now u refused to answer my calls. But you were able to talk to the uncle.
No money but you could take her to ijebu ode. Foolishness.
If some body treats you like this will u be happy.

To be contd
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by zinachidi(m): 1:24am On Apr 13, 2015
is this for real, or is it an excerpt from a novel?
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by mikeywise(m): 1:28am On Apr 13, 2015
Is this for real?
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by eyesofgod: 7:28am On Apr 13, 2015
Contd

Unfortunately, Steph friend has stopped further communication. Despite this, I never stopped calling Steph. Most times, my calls go unanswered.
Two weeks ago I got a call me back message. I called immediately and it was Steph on the line. Basically her condition remain the same except that

1. her friend admitted to bringing her to Ijebu-ode courtesy of Seph's uncle

2. she cannot remember much about her past, she has lost memory of the addresses and phone numbers of her relations and friends; she cannot even remember the name of friend who took her to Ijebu-ode

3. all the contacts in her phone have been deleted

4 she is fed only once in a day and, thereafter,

5. she falls into sleep/unconsciousness most of the time

6 one other lady occasionally visits her and that the lady said she should stop eaten food brought by her friend because it is 'poisoned'. The lady promised to be bringing her food and also make arrangement for her escape if only steph could provide money. So, I sent #20k to her account and mtn call credit to her phone
Steph <+234 803 750 6876>, Chidozie Stephanie 2050876578 uba

The usual ominous lull in communication set in until 2days ago when I got a call back message. On the phone was Steph. Essentially nothing much has changed but that she was transfused blood where she was confined. The lady who promised to aid her escape is yet to redeem her pledge

To be contd
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by eyesofgod: 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
Contd

Up till this morning Steph's line is still available but nobody is picking it.

Three weeks into this saga, I tried reporting the case at the police station(A division) here in Warri but was told to go to Asaba since that was the the place the incidence occurred. I would have done that without a second thought but am medically not fit for the rigours of the trip. As a result, I sought advice from some police officers who advised that I get in touch with any of her relations and/or get the address of where she is being kept then they can assist. Unfortunately, I only have the phone number of a
a male cousin of hers but he said he was in Idi-iroko hustling.

Up until our last conversation she has lost memory( I believe it is drug induced) of all contacts not even her house address.
I brought her case to Nairaland
1. in case anybody might know her
2. for useful advice on how to save her from her captors.
3. She is still reachable as at this morning though she didn't pick my calls 08037506876

I can be reached on nairaland through this post or on 08060871407
Any help will be welcomed
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by eyesofgod: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
Steph's line still available but nobody is picking my calls.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by YabaLeftist: 7:11am On Apr 14, 2015
eyesofgod:
Steph's line still available but nobody is picking my calls.

I don't wish to sound negative but I suspect Steph's complicity in this whole charade.
I have a feeling this is a ploy devised by the said Steph in cahoots with her friend to extort money from you. Perhaps you've been generous to her in the past and now she's trying to take advantage of your benevolence.

Ask yourself these pertinent questions.

1. When you sent money to her bank account number, who was it then that went to withdraw the money? She told you she's in captivity, bound with ropes, too weak and not in full control of her faculties, then how was she able to go to the bank to withdraw the money, since she's the only that can make withdrawals from her account? It was obvious she withdrew the money, as she told you that her other friend has not fulfilled her promise of helping her escape after receiving the money.

2. Why is her so called friend not picking the calls? There's something extremely fishy about this.

This is what I can surmise from the story, Steph devised this gimmick to extract money from you. She is acting alone, she has no accomplice at this stage, that explains why she's not picking your calls because you'll obviously recognize her voice. She's the one replying you with the text messages. She's building up the tension to a point when she'll demand for substantial money from you, ostensibly as ransom for her release. Just observe what happens in the next few days.

You're most probably being conned, tread cautiously.

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by eyesofgod: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
@Yabaleftist
Thanks for your contribution and I appreciate your concern. To tell you the truth I have given serious thoughts to all kinds of scenario. It's just that I find it difficult to believe she will descend to that level of dubiousness but, however, am not going to act stupidly.
Thanks once more.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by andyanders: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
I think the lady must be involved in this whole drama. I feel you should be able to look after your own life and try to trust yourself.Some ladies can change to something else if you have not seen her for a long time.She could have fallen in love with a 419 person who must have educated her on how to milk you.

Come to think of it, why is it that those very close relations of her's do no care to come look for her.

Note that you can only trust yourself.I have learnt to note that when you do not see some people for a while and you run into them, try to re-study the person to know if he/she has changed.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by enyi1: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
YabaLeftist:

I don't wish to sound negative but I suspect Steph's complicity in this whole charade.
I have a feeling this is a ploy devised by the said Steph in cahoots with her friend to extort money from you. Perhaps you've been generous to her in the past and now she's trying to take advantage of your benevolence.

Ask yourself these pertinent questions.

1. When you sent money to her bank account number, who was it then that went to withdraw the money? She told you she's in captivity, bound with ropes, too weak and not in full control of her faculties, then how was she able to go to the bank to withdraw the money, since she's the only that can make withdrawals from her account? It was obvious she withdrew the money, as she told you that her other friend has not fulfilled her promise of helping her escape after receiving the money.

2. Why is her so called friend not picking the calls? There's something extremely fishy about this.

This is what I can surmise from the story, Steph devised this gimmick to extract money from you. She is acting alone, she has no accomplice at this stage, that explains why she's not picking your calls because you'll obviously recognize her voice. She's the one replying you with the text messages. She's building up the tension to a point when she'll demand for substantial money from you, ostensibly as ransom for her release. Just observe what happens in the next few days.

You're most probably being conned, tread cautiously.

Exactly. And to further confirm, those monies you sent to both her and her friends can be traced. If you have an insider in any of the bank's, they can get the details of the person such as the location where the monies were withdrawn, whether the withdrawals were done by self or ATM and possible camera evidence. With that you can get a clearer picture of what is going on.

Cheers
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by enyi1: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ah! I just called her now, heard a man's voice. She is definetly with a man F...cking. No wonder she sounds so weak when she talks to you and i believe they are working in connivance to con you. Take my advise, flee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by chiboyo(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2015
Just called her too and she responded at the 3rd ring

@OP, I have a strong feeling u are being scammed
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by eyesofgod: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2015
My gratitude to all those who have responded to this post. Many heads are really better than one. In as much as my anxiety has been allayed to some extent, however, I must confess it is not yet uhuru for me. I just hope it is not the 'evil' friend of hers that is picking the calls. In one of many interregnum in communication between steph and I in the course of this saga, steph told me that her friend seized her phone based on my incessant calls.

No response so far to my calls since I created this thread.
I plead with all to keep up the pressure to unravel this mystery. I wont fail to post the outcome on NL.

I think I will have to overcome my hesitancy and post some experiences preceding this saga very soon.
Thank you all.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by goldiam(f): 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
hmmm this is definitly going to be intresting.besides op u can do us a favour by posting her pix who knows she might be the next door neighbour we never knew.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by eyesofgod: 8:51am On Apr 19, 2015
goldiam:
hmmm this is definitly going to be intresting.besides op u can do us a favour by posting her pix who knows she might be the next door neighbour we never knew.

I have made several attempts to post her pic without success. I am a greenhorn in that department.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by Virus777: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
eyesofgod:

I have made several attempts to post her pic without success. I am a greenhorn in that department.

Got this picture of her from Facebook.

Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by mikeywise(m): 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
Virus777:

Got this picture of kher from Facebook.
When was the last time she updated her status?
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by Virus777: 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
mikeywise:

When was the last time she updated her status?

March 25th
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by mikeywise(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Virus777:

March 25th
Thanks, @ op, I think there is more to this than meets the eye. This looks to me like an organised set up, I don't think u should continue stressing urself about her. There is nothing wrong with her. Pls I beg u, don't allow anybody take advantage of ur good heart, I repeat, steph is very ok.
I think u shouldn't send money to her again for any reason.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by Artistree: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Virus777:

March 25th
Did she update her status while in custody and very ill? I called the number on Friday when I closed from work, and requested to speak with another female (fake name) she said it's a wrong number that her name is STEPHANIE.
Enough said, she has not told you the truth about her whereabouts, ignore her and move on. When she's ready, she'll show up and tell her tale. I hate morons..
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by Virus777: 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
Artistree:

Did she update her status while in custody and very ill? I called the number on Friday when I closed from work, and requested to speak with another female (fake name) she said it's a wrong number that her name is STEPHANIE.
Enough said, she has not told you the truth about her whereabouts, ignore her and move on. When she's ready, she'll show up and tell her tale. I hate morons..

Precisely. The Op is being taken for a ride.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by goldiam(f): 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
op honestly what more can i say from the update above i think u are being used.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by andyanders: 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Op should grow up because the lady just want to milk him and could be doing this with her latest crime partner.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by eyesofgod: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Dear Nairalanders, I finally was able to get Stephanie on phone, albeit, through a third party. The impetus to dig deeper into the issue arose from Chiboyo and Enyi1 posts where they stated that they spoke with her on phone. It struck me that she may be deliberately avoiding my calls. So I enlisted the help of a lady friend, gave her a brief account of the situation and asked her to call Steph with a different line. Should the call be answered, she should claim to be Steph's friend at school and wishes to speak with her. The call was picked at the 3rd ring and coming out of the speaker phone was the unmistakable strong voice of Steph. She responded to queries about her health that she was fine and subsequently stopped talking. Out of curiosity I called her with my number 10mins later. The called was okayed but my repeated helloing went unanswered.

Having satisfied my conscience that she is alive and well I can now move on with my life.
I thank all those who showed interest in this case. Your advice prevented me from taking a plunge into an ambiguous and may be dangerous journey.

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by andyanders: 10:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
God has saved you.Be careful of women. My father told me that what kills a man are two things; money and women. If you can avoid the two, you will have a meaningful life.

She has been taking advantage of your humble life and kindness to rob you with her new crime partner who must be a man. She is fully into crime and never EVER in your life allow her come close to you as that could be the end of your life.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Guy, whats clouding your mind that you cant think and see whats happening? Whats clouding your judgement that you cant accurately comprehend this fallacy that is being played out to you.

1. Steph and steph's friend are one and the same person, that is steph herself. How have i come to that conclusion? Simple...steph takes your calls when 'she can', but her friend has never spoken to you on phone...why?, because it's steph herself and she knows you know her voice, so she texts instead when she wants to pretend its her friend.

This is a one man con. What am i saying? Steph is the only player in this game. She's the uncle, the friend and obviously she's steph too. She is a thieving bastard and you're playing her game just the way she wants you to unfortunately.

Get a grip of yourself man...let this shocking realisation sink into you...you're friends with a monster. A heartless, conscienceless theiving girl. The ealier the better for you bro.

Or you can call me silly and pay some more. Finally, you'll see her in true light
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by Jesss(f): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
I wish I can lay my hands on this so called steph and beat d living daylight out of her and thereafter show her how to be a decent woman of integrity.
Re: HELP!!! Chidozie Esther Stephanie Held Hostage. by adorablepepple(f): 8:35am On Apr 23, 2015
Hnmmmmm,see lies! She was never ill, she has always bin well, she scammed you Seriously, someone who is tied will be left with her phone? All the contact was wiped n she was still able to Call u? Oh my God can't continue this analysis! It will be Nice to have her Facebook name, she needs to be disgraced. Cheap slowpoke

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Nigeria Female Biafa Supporter Living Abroad That Will Suprise You / Unclad Woman Walk On A Busy Motorway With Skirt On Her Head (photos/video) / OMG!! See Corpse Of A Lady With Her Head And One Of Her Br3asts Chopped Off, Dum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.