Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,480 members, 7,865,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:13 AM

Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State (21808 Views)

"Erhiatake Ibori Stole My Husband" - Abioye Suenu's First Wife (Photos) / Erhiatake Ibori Weds Abioye Suenu (Photos) / Erhiatake Ibori Booed At Ibru's Burial For Fumbling Over Common Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by ogb5(m): 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
Gr8amechi:
don't mind them, I hate it when none deltans call ibori names

It is not non Deltans, it is mostly the Yorubas. They sit in Ibadan and without ever visiting Delta state, claim to know who is a saint and who is a crook in Delta state and the others simply follow them without asking questions
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by Gr8amechi: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
ogb5:

It is not non Deltans, it is mostly the Yorubas. They sit in Ibadan and without ever visiting Delta state, claim to know who is a saint and who is a crook in Delta state and the others simply follow them without asking questions
if ibori is corrupt what will you call uduaghan, peter odili, etc
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by mmsen: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
rutemi:
Whatever your view is,please,he's indeed a hero,no gov of delta had met up with his standard,I'm a leaving testimony of those whose life he changed,he might have stolen every politician has,even you would do the same.

That is a truly disturbing opinion - to say that everyone would have stolen and thus Ibori did no wrong is a sign that your moral compass is well and truly broken.

I trust that you will be kept far away from any seat of power.
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by ogb5(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
mmsen:

That is a truly disturbing opinion - to say that everyone would have stolen and thus Ibori did no wrong is a sign that your moral compass is well and truly broken.

I trust that you will be kept far away from any seat of power.

The problem with people like you is that you don't know the difference between fighting corruption and fighting between political opponents.

Not knowing the difference can make politicians to use you as pawn in achieving their personal ambitions.

Ibori was not jailed for corruption, he was jailed for losing a political fight. If you can not understand this then it is a pity.

Fighting corruption can lead to better governance, political fights among politicians don't lead to better governance, it simply leads to realignment of allegiance for political survival.
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by mmsen: 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
ogb5:

The problem with people like you is that you don't know the difference between fighting corruption and fighting between political opponents.

Not knowing the difference can make politicians to use you as pawn in achieving their personal ambitions.

Ibori was not jailed for corruption, he was jailed for losing a political fight. If you can not understand this then it is a pity.

Fighting corruption can lead to better governance, political fights among politicians don't lead to better governance, it simply leads to realignment of allegiance for political survival.

I do not much care how corruption is fought, so long as it is not seen as a viable means for survival. I understand that he picked the wrong horse and was left exposed, that does not concern me - the man was a crook and now he is in prison, that is good news.

Politicians such as Ibori had no fear because there was no accountability, either from the cowardly electorate or his equally corrupt peers.

Only a morally bankrupt person would defend this man.

Nigeria needs a lot of work, that so many in this thread fail to understand that thieving politicians impact upon budgets and effectiveness make me realize that civil society in Nigeria is very much in the dark ages. It adds pretext to what I see in some parts of the country as opposed to others.

People have often said that backwardness is a northern problem, judging from this thread Delta might as well be in the north.
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by ogb5(m): 4:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
mmsen:

I do not much care how corruption is fought, so long as it is not seen as a viable means for survival. I understand that he picked the wrong horse and was left exposed, that does not concern me - the man was a crook and now he is in prison, that is good news.

Politicians such as Ibori had no fear because there was no accountability, either from the cowardly electorate or his equally corrupt peers.

Only a morally bankrupt person would defend this man.

Nigeria needs a lot of work, that so many in this thread fail to understand that thieving politicians impact upon budgets and effectiveness make me realize that civil society in Nigeria is very much in the dark ages. It adds pretext to what I see in some parts of the country as opposed to others.

People have often said that backwardness is a northern problem, judging from this thread Delta might as well be in the north.

He picked the wrong horse and was left exposed and you are happy about it. You are not politically savvy. So as long corrupt politicians pick the right horse and are covered by their fellow politicians, you are happy.

For your information, Ibori was way ahead of his peers in terms of development of his state. The south south politicians have not been able to control the media that is why the the sw dominated media can label anyone of them a crook and it sticks.

But people on the ground compare politicians while voting and they vote for who ever they think represent their interest more. In this case Ibori's daughter got the votes of her local community, respect their vote.
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by mmsen: 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
ogb5:

He picked the wrong horse and was left exposed and you are happy about it. You are not politically savvy. So as long corrupt politicians pick the right horse and are covered by their fellow politicians, you are happy.

For your information, Ibori was way ahead of his peers in terms of development of his state. The south south politicians have not been able to control the media that is why the the sw dominated media can label anyone of them a crook and it sticks.

But people on the ground compare politicians while voting and they vote for who ever they think represent their interest more. In this case Ibori's daughter got the votes of her local community, respect their vote.

I care more for progress than I do politics, I wish for them all to be exposed - they should all be made to justify their assets. Delta needs a lot of work, all that money squandered (both in Nigeria and abroad) could have been used for good. Progress would entail justice being done. Ibori is in jail. Where the courts in Asaba failed the London courts succeeded.

Your claim that it is a question of linguistic groups attacking others is silly. Tinubu has been called a crooked countless times. It is only because he overshadows most in the south-west that you rarely hear about others.

Have you ever asked why the south-west has such a viable media industry? Why do they sell so many newspapers throughout the south-west? Without a vibrant media you cannot have democracy.

It is the job of the media to uncover crooks, it wasn't just the Nigerian press, the foreign press knew that Ibori was a thief too.
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by mmsen: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
chuzimgaius:

Ibori served Delta much more than ALL the state governors of his generation put together served their respective states. Though coming from an opposite ethnic group to mine he did transformed my region, developed the entire senatorial districts built higher institutions, started airport projects and biggest of all brought an end to the age long tribal wars! If the so called saints that succeeded him or served in his generation did as much as he did we would all have been proud of the Nigeria we have today.

Clearly you've never heard of Donald Duke.

You people with your short memories.
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by Smooyis(m): 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
rutemi:
Whatever your view is,please,he's indeed a hero,no gov of delta had met up with his standard,I'm a living testimony of those whose life he changed,he might have stolen every politician has,even you would do the same.
Hero! God have mercy. Why are criminals celebrated in some climes? How can the society be developed with such mentality? Our people surely need a re-orientation.
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by atlwireles: 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
ogb5:

Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by Alexander001(m): 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
EFCC go be her SA on money matters
Re: Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State by nkemjacob2(m): 1:10am On Apr 14, 2015
Ur father looted, u also wants to carry the same blood... U re surpose to hide ur face cos of the shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu & Wife Celebrate Eid-El-Kabir With Patients At Different Hospitals / Fact Check: Did APC Hold Presidential Screening As Okorocha Claimed During Raid? / PDP 2023 Presidential Election Campaign Timetable In The 6 Geopolitical Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.