Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos (40655 Views)

Buratai Receives Nigerian Soldier Who Won Lagos International Boxing Tournament / Revealed: Why Ambode Sacked Commissioners - Vanguard / Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
DTaj:
For me, the most profound benefit of Ambode's win is to see Lagos benefit from being in the same party with the ruling Federal Government.

The very vindictive policies of past PDP Federal Governments (except Yar'Adua who graciously returned seized local government funds and allowed right-of-way for Falomo Link Bridge without any conditions) have cost Lagos a lot!

Lagos Senators from AD/AC/ACN/APC have been clamoring for Special Status for Lagos in line with late General Murtala Mohammed's inaugural speech in the 1970s when the Abuja capital dream began but the vindictive PDP Fed Govt refused to listen.

Also, many Fed Govt facilities were allowed to rot without maintenance, while Jonathan refused to refund over N50 billion owed Lagos Govt for repairs of federal roads when PDP states got refunds with alacrity!

FG also frustrated the 6-lane Badagry Expressway Road project of Lagos Government, just as they frustrated Bola Tinubu's Enron Power project just as they used FERMA thugs (under Jimi Agbaje's co-godfather Ogunlewe as Minister) to fight LASTMA, etc.

The PDP FG also refused to repair the gateway road to Nigeria- the terribly bad Airport Road and prevented Lagos Govt from repairing it!

Let Lagos begin to reap the benefits of aligning with the centre in Abuja!
u get mouth like basket
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by lozanni(m): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
hugelyendowed:
6. Oba Akiola's Threat To Igbo's which made many of them not to go out and vote and also made igbos who were scared of the lagoon to vote for ambode.
lol

False statements. The Igbos were afraid of nothing as they voted for continuity.
They were successfully wooed by the APC on the need for continuity, especially through the pamphleets that were distributed by the party on the Thursday before the governorship election.
I mean who does not like good things whether Igbo or Yoruba.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by anonimi: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
DTaj:
For me, the most profound benefit of Ambode's win is to see Lagos benefit from being in the same party with the ruling Federal Government.

The very vindictive policies of past PDP Federal Governments (except Yar'Adua who graciously returned seized local government funds

Is OBJ who seized the LGA funds not the navigator of APC now
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by Babatundetinubu: 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
dkronicle:
everybody knows it that Lagos state election was rigged... majority of d ibos voted JK, most Catholic ans voted JK, few yorubas voted JK... how com Ambode emerged as the winner... things are not just right...

if I talk now....supermod will ban and say rule 2.... grin....but see backwater people bringing in catholic vs other christains d same nonsense they practice in their erosion land... grin...ril lagosians vote for performance... cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by fareed69(m): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
AmaechiLinus:
Jega and his crew has already given room for rigging since presidential election

Really
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by XtraSmooth404: 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Who doesn't like Gtbank?
The best bank in Nigeria grin

_but, think am na, how would his bro be MD - him wan come be Governor.
Na only them waka come?
Abi o, grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by edogirl2: 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Mannylex:
True... For the first time in 16 years, lagos would enjoy the full support of the FG, and he is lucky to be in power at this spectacular time so he has no excuse to fail. We need 4th Mainland bridge, very important.

You need to be realistic - 4th mainland bridge will easily be one of the single most expensive projects on the African continent.

An almost broke Federal govt plus Lagos state can't even contemplate starting a project like this.

Where is the money? Well, maybe Diezani can have pity on us and lend us some of our money she skived with.

Doesn't look like she's in the mood for that right now. She apparently flew out of the country last week on yet another foreign junket.

PDP totally screwed the country.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by emerged01(m): 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
miket2:

The traditional rulers did not support PDP...... OPC are seen as a joke in Lagos, Gej bought their support with contracts

My father met both Ambode and Agbaje before the election and the general consensus was that Agbaje was a far more impressive candidate , however he was not supported amongst most of the traditional rulers

what do you think make Agbaje more impressive? To me,he has no record Nigerians you could count on unlike Ambode who have been in the govt for 27yrs.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by tuncy(m): 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
dkronicle:
everybody knows it that Lagos state election was rigged... majority of d ibos voted JK, most Catholic ans voted JK, few yorubas voted JK... how com Ambode emerged as the winner... things are not just right...

What about the drone JK deployed to monitor election... Hello... JK isn't going to court... The mistake you ibos are making is dat... You overrated yourselves beyond measure... Alaba, Ojo, ajegunle, tejuosho, festac is only a small part of lagos.... Mushin, Bariga, shomolu, alimosho, eti osa, island, mainland are dominated by. Other tribes, magoro-dominated by Ebiras, Idi-araba- dominated by hausas... You want more... Na shop owners una be, road side sellers... Not knowing what is happening gan gan in d real eko... Catholic are dominated by Ibos... And its not among the most populated church in lagos...

So, ur clueless campaign strategy, full of sentiment and ethnic bias couldn't deliver presidency neither could it deliver lagos state... Go back to anambra and kill urself with ur shallow minded politics... Lagos is a cosmopolitan state... Accommodating to all tribes owned by the Yorubas: Awori, egun(badagry), ijebu(ikorodu , epe)....

You can make JK Gomina in ur 'alaba'

Mind u many ibo elite voted Ambode... Na only illiterate market people da think like u... Dhor... Amboooo... Atideeeee oooooooo

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by spiralwedge(m): 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
daniel9202:
6. igbos doesn't make up to 60% of lagos state. if really they are up to it. the lagoon party wpuld be blowing by now!!

No, about 20%. eligible Lagos voters are about 9%.

So you see too much noise and overhyping
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by Jarus(m): 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
anonimi:

Just like the Saraki machinery in Kwara that has very little to do with good governance but regular handouts to strategic community leaders etc.

How do you interprete PDP's strong showing in Lagos these elections

Agbaje's likeability. Simple.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by jaggedboi(m): 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
1)April 11 witnessed low turn out of voters tru out the country compared to 28march. Fact
2)March 28 elections in lagos: APC=700,000+, PDP=600,000+
Fact
3)April 11 results; APC=800,000+, PDP=600,000+
My question
Was there a higher turn out in lagos compared to other states? How come d low turn out witness all over nigeria and lagos did not reflect in the total votes cast?
Just like pinky n d brain. I'm just pondering
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by dkronicle(m): 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hey lunatic, am not a shop owner or wateva road seller and am not frm anambara. U yorubas are just one kind of specie dat needs flogin.
tuncy:

What about the drone JK deployed to monitor election... Hello... JK isn't going to court... The mistake you ibos are making is dat... You overrated yourselves beyond measure... Alaba, Ojo, ajegunle, tejuosho, festac is only a small part of lagos.... Mushin, Bariga, shomolu, alimosho, eti osa, island, mainland are dominated by. Other tribes, magoro-dominated by Ebiras, Idi-araba- dominated by hausas... You want more... Na shop owners una be, road side sellers... Not knowing what is happening gan gan in d real eko... Catholic are dominated by Ibos... And its not among the most populated church in lagos...

So, ur clueless campaign strategy, full of sentiment and ethnic bias couldn't deliver presidency neither could it deliver lagos state... Go back to anambra and kill urself with ur shallow minded politics... Lagos is a cosmopolitan state... Accommodating to all tribes owned by the Yorubas: Awori, egun(badagry), ijebu(ikorodu , epe)....

You can make JK Gomina in ur 'alaba'

Mind u many ibo elite voted Ambode... Na only illiterate market people da think like u... Dhor... Amboooo... Atideeeee oooooooo
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by dkronicle(m): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
So jk wont perform. A thief that was sacked will be d one to perform. Yorubas need injection
Babatundetinubu:

if I talk now....supermod will ban and say rule 2.... grin....but see backwater people bringing in catholic vs other christains d same nonsense they practice in their erosion land... grin...ril lagosians vote for performance... cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by JayJustus(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
Swimming suits for sale...don't mind the other sellers mine works well in the lagoon
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by fegflu: 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLKm8UZCcU

Watch raw video of what oba of Lagos said about the igbos . This is the full video clips of the event including the reception for the event. Courtesy Sahara reporters
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by kolgs(f): 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=derecho post=32683325]how many elites do we have in Lagos?How many of them vote?
Ambode simply won because
1.Many were disenfranchised
2.RIGGING
Thank God Agbaje no be Koro[/quote

Sorry did they rigged is polling unit too. I belief for u to win u need those in ur area first.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by Mannylex(m): 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
edogirl2:

You need to be realistic - 4th mainland bridge will easily be one of the single most expensive projects on the African continent.

An almost broke Federal govt plus Lagos state can't even contemplate starting a project like this.

Where is the money? Well, maybe Diezani can have pity on us and lend us some of our money she skived with.

Doesn't look like she's in the mood for that right now. She apparently flew out of the country last week on yet another foreign junket.

PDP totally screwed the country.

This was one of Ambode's interviews before he got elected... And I am going to hold him by his words, and I repeat once again, no excuses to fail.

It is on record that the government of Asiwaju Bola
Tinubu and the incumbent, Babatunde Fashola
promised Lagosians the Fourth Mainland Bridge but the
project is yet to take off. Why the delay?

The design of the bridge is ready, the feasibility study of the
project has been done. All other technicalities that are needed
have been done by the Lagos government. But characteristic
of the federal government’s led PDP to frustrate the
development of Lagos, the President, Goodluck Jonathan has
refused to append his signature to the project and you
cannot actually carry out such a gigantic project without the
approval of the federal government. I however want to assure
Lagosians that we would continue the push and hopefully if
our party wins the presidential election, Abuja will be more
disposed to it.
The Lagos third mainland bridge is the longest bridge in
Africa, it also is the longest of three bridges connecting Lagos
Island, Lagos, Nigeria to the mainland, the other two being
the Eko and Carter bridges.

Those were the words of Akinwunmi Ambode... Now APC runs the FG , so he has to give us that which we he promised.

www.naij.com/380547-jonathan-frustrated-our-plans-to-build-fourth-mainland-bridge-ambode.html

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by miket2(m): 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
emerged01:

what do you think make Agbaje more impressive? To me,he has no record Nigerians you could count on unlike Ambode who have been in the govt for 27yrs.

I was not at the meeting but his apparently his presentation was much more cohesive and he came across as more intelligent ....... once again I am only going by what I was told .... and obviously this does not necessarily mean he would have made a better governor
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by emerged01(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
miket2:

I was not at the meeting but his apparently his presentation was much more cohesive and he came across as more intelligent ....... once again I am only going by what I was told .... and obviously this does not necessarily mean he would have made a better governor

yeah,presentation much more different from field work. I believe he will perform less because of his lack of experience in area of governing a state.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
dkronicle:
shatarrrrrrpuuuu nd stop saying nonsense joor....u tink d igbo nd ur catholics are more tha d yoruba in lagos baaa.....common wakeup
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by Kassidy90(m): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
dkronicle:
Google is ur friend
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by MeandSum: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
I'm just happy he won. Else you'll see all the Igbos celebrating their takeover of Lagos and telling us how stupid the Yorubas are and how lagos belong to the Igbos or how they are 60% of Lagos.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by Thorpe80(f): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
If you win election ma broda, GODWIN
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by irishMO123(m): 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.proshareng.com/news/26638.html
mehn,wearing of Apc customized ankara up and down for ambode has final come to an end.....victoria ascerta!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
Charly68:
It would have been too costly for Lagosians to change their winning team..you don't change a strategic team like the one we have in Lagos. It is a mystery how I got to Ojota one day & discovered the whole setting changed..everywhere was cleared and cleaned . Things we thought were impossible was made possible by visionary Fasola. People grumbled but later accepted the beauty of a new Lagos..The party leader too did his best to encourage the set man without any form of distraction like we experienced in the days of Adedibu at Ibadan . It is a statement of fact that Lagos is the brain behind the new wind of change that is blowing in Nigeria..The state has set a pace & others should emulate ..Lagos is a model indeed .
Best post ever kiss
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:01am On Apr 14, 2015
Segman22:

don't mind him. The next thing he will say is that they own Lagos..mtceweeeeeew
grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by sokera: 1:54am On Apr 14, 2015
daniel9202:
6. igbos doesn't make up to 60% of lagos state. if really they are up to it. the lagoon party wpuld be blowing by now!!
you are right , they dont even make up 30% but they are just concentrated in some part of Lagos and make too much noise over their population, sincerely we have more of Hausas in Lagos than igbos... The real Landloards of Lagos had decided.... APC 4 life...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by lilflipnerd: 2:23am On Apr 14, 2015
dkronicle:
what is the population of the groups u mentioned compare to the full sensible Yoruba n Omo Eko for show
Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by Coolbite(m): 4:15am On Apr 14, 2015
The reasons i think Agbaje loss include but not limited to: 1> He ought to have remained neutral in the Oba anti-Igbo threat issue. By taking side, he loose the support of some yoruba elements. 2> Not many will fancy the idea of replacing Tinubu with George as godfather. 3> Desire to align with the new progressive centre. This was Agbaje original campaign line the change. 4> Majority believed he was consistent inconsist in his campaign speeches, and regularly engages in political mistalk. 5> The loss of the party at the national level. 6> The desire not to clog the wheel of current wave of development. 7> Better and more innovative campaign strategy that resonated with the electorates.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Ambode Won Lagos by anonimi: 5:17am On Apr 14, 2015
Jarus:

Agbaje's likeability. Simple.

Not so simple sir.

The results for

- presidential
- reps
- state lawmakers

do not support your Agbaje likeability theory.

Rather the progressive electoral reforms by Jonathan have made Tinubu's rigging LESS effective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Idia Ize-Iyamu On A Road Show With Edo State Commercial Drivers Union (Photos) / Quit Notice On Igbos: Our Plans Working Perfectly Well - Arewa Youth Leader / Dino Melaye 'unresponsive' As He Is Stretchered Into Hospital (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.