Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,993 members, 7,859,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:45 PM

Starting Your Own Web Hosting Business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Starting Your Own Web Hosting Business (1044 Views)

Start Your Own Web Hosting Site Free !!!! / How Do I Start My Own Web Sms Biz? Help! / How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Your Own Web Hosting Business by jamesoj1: 10:22am On Sep 07, 2006
Hello Guys, my name is james ojukwu.

If you wish to start a web hosting business i can give you a precise step by step guide to running a mini hosting company to a full professional Web Hosting company.

Before i start off, think of a name for your hosting company by tomorrow 08-09-2006.

Keep it simple with lots of vision.

See you soon.
Re: Starting Your Own Web Hosting Business by mutiu78(m): 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2006
Where is ur website?
Re: Starting Your Own Web Hosting Business by jamesoj1: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2006
I sincerely apologize for the delay. The weather affected my health.

Now to biz.

Congratulations!! You have a name? hostmenow.com.

Get your business name and the domain registered. I am sure you must have a draft or completed version of your website by now.

I WILL GIVE YOU 2 DAYS TO FOLLOW THIS ON AND WILL CONTINUE FROM THERE.
Re: Starting Your Own Web Hosting Business by jamesoj1: 11:56am On Sep 12, 2006
Wrote this in my spare time to help upcoming and intending web hosts do things right!

With hundreds of low quality web hosts flooding the market, finding a genuine web hosting company can be quite a challenge. After all, an authentic business needs to be well thought out, well executed, and also consist of a lot of hard work on the owner’s part. Unfortunately, many of these companies rarely possess these qualities.

The reason why so many under qualified web hosts are on the internet today is because anyone can create a host. Since there can be very few start up fees, starting your own web hosting company can be very alluring. However, these amateur companies do not even compare to the real ones with an actual budget. What many people do not realize is that starting a web hosting company is a long term project. If you are looking to make a quick buck and relax on the couch while doing it, web hosting is the wrong market to be in. In order to create an authentic hosting service and enjoy it, you need to be willing to dedicate yourself and put forth the effort to make it successful. From the moment you start to create a host, you should be thinking about how you will be able to show excellence with quality support. With that said I would like to talk about the steps that should be taken to plan a web hosting company.

The first step to creating a great web host is to plan everything out. This should take more than a few days, since starting a company requires a lot of organization and effort. Nonetheless, rushing the process will only give you a headache in the long run.

Although many webmasters feel the need to worry about domain names and pricing first, it is actually smarter to begin with questions. What will make your web host unique? What will you do to make it stand out from other web hosts currently competing for clients? No matter how determined you are, you have to be able to answer that question. In order to create a service that will keep clients coming to your doorstep, you need to come up with something exclusive. Even if it is something small, there has to be something unique that will automatically make your web host stand out. If you are unsure of which path to take, try finding a niche that would work well for you. Analyze other competitor’s services and find out what they are missing. This may help you pinpoint what customers are dying to have. After all, strategizing is what determines your success as a web host, to be continued wink

(1) (Reply)

Make Big Money It Is Free You Dont Spend A Cent, Www.tinyurl Dotcom/2d3dkk / How Much Will It Cost Me To Design A Website?i Need One / Can I Pay For Yahoo Webhosting With Graphcard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.